• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Changes in our defensive scheme

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is true and if it is I'll be so freaking happy as it will mean less open shots for the opponent and better P&R defense.

A Heat official said even beyond Erik Spoelstra’s staff changes, “you will see some tweaks in how we play.” The team’s gambling defense, which left open too many three-point shooters, needs addressing.

What this means is that the Heat may switch to the Tom Thibodeau style of defense that has permeated the NBA. So what will the new defense look like?

Well, Thibodeau’s teams tend to load the strong side of the defense (the one with the opposing ball handler) while having weakside defenders “zone” the backside of the defense.

What Miami will change is the way they approach defending the pick-and-roll.

The last few seasons, we have watched Spoelstra send extra defenders to the ball handler in order to force action and create greater chances for turnovers. This was especially prevalent while defending pick-and-rolls, when the Heat would send both defenders to the ball handler rather than perform the traditional switch.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Queen James gone, I expect lots of changes in our defensive scheme as well... but with him gone what I expect to see more of and better of is effort and guys not taking plays off on defense as he often did because he was trying to make sure he had something left for offense and just being a little bitch.