• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Championship Start/Sit Help

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a PPR league, what I'm thinking of setting it as:

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Chris Johnson, Ryan Matthews
WR: Megatron, Andre Johnson
Flex: Julian Edelman
TE: Vernon Davis
D: Bengals (trying to pick up the Rams)
K: Justin (saved my ass this week) Tucker

On bench:
Alfred Morris, Danny Woodhead, Montee Ball and Pierre Thomas
Keenan Allen, Michael Crabtree, Russell Wilson

Alfred Morris is a tempting play but he has burned me in recent weeks. Keenan Allen is also playing well, dont think I can bench Edelman now but Andre was bad last week with the Texans looking like a disaster.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship game? We should be asking you the questions....

But, for what it's worth. I would continue to play Morris. I have him as well and you know you'll consistently get 8-10 points, with a TD you're looking at 15-20 points.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team is beyond stacked.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship game? We should be asking you the questions....

But, for what it's worth. I would continue to play Morris. I have him as well and you know you'll consistently get 8-10 points, with a TD you're looking at 15-20 points.
I am much better at picking a team than I am selecting players to play each week. In a way having too many players is worse when you have too many choices. Morris is really tempting going up against Dallas' D, Matthews and CJ have been very consistent though.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am much better at picking a team than I am selecting players to play each week. In a way having too many players is worse when you have too many choices. Morris is really tempting going up against Dallas' D, Matthews and CJ have been very consistent though.

I would absolutely play Morris against Dallas.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting Alf this week ahead of Desean Jackson, Vincent Jackson and Shane Vereen.

You should start him too. I know that he has been frustrating to own given how bad the Redskins have been and how they leave Morris on the bench in the 4th quarter when they are behind. Thing is though, the Dallas defense is historically bad. I would start Alf ahead of all of your WR/RB players who are not Calvin Johnson. The numbers from the last 2 weeks aren't indicative of what is to come this week.

Edelman is not a must start player against the Ravens. In fact, I think he would be the player who I bench. Expect a low scoring game there.

Keenan Allen is also a strong play against the Raiders who clearly struggle against the pass. You can play him instead of A. Johnson.

The 3 must starts that you have are:

Megatron, Morris and Mathews

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting Alf this week ahead of Desean Jackson, Vincent Jackson and Shane Vereen.

You should start him too. I know that he has been frustrating to own given how bad the Redskins have been and how they leave Morris on the bench in the 4th quarter when they are behind. Thing is though, the Dallas defense is historically bad. I would start Alf ahead of all of your WR/RB players who are not Calvin Johnson. The numbers from the last 2 weeks aren't indicative of what is to come this week.

Edelman is not a must start player against the Ravens. In fact, I think he would be the player who I bench. Expect a low scoring game there.

Keenan Allen is also a strong play against the Raiders who clearly struggle against the pass. You can play him instead of A. Johnson.

The 3 must starts that you have are:

Megatron, Morris and Mathews

I agree on Eldeman. However I think Andre will be effective in the PPR format against a broncos team that will not care about what he does in garbage time. I think your real challenge is between Morris and Allen...I would start one of them in the flex and bench Eldeman. Your team is mind boggling stupid nice.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Eldeman. However I think Andre will be effective in the PPR format against a broncos team that will not care about what he does in garbage time. I think your real challenge is between Morris and Allen...I would start one of them in the flex and bench Eldeman. Your team is mind boggling stupid nice.

I can see that, the PPR format makes Edelman attractive. In the last 4 weeks he has scored 33, 20, 20 and 33. Allen has been 22, 17, 20 and 16. Andre has had 2 bad weeks in the last 4 but could go off for a monster game any time. Thanks for the input!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, sorry. I missed the PPR part which is pretty huge.

Morris and Mathews are no longer must starts because of their roles in the passing game, but I would still advise starting them. That does make this call a lot tougher.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(thought I already answered, but it must not have went through?)... anyway...

I would start Allen over Andre for sure, and Pierre Thomas over Mathews and/or Morris.

PT is the best outdoorsman on the Saints, and they should use him quite a bit in Carolina. As good as the matchups are for the other two, I'd take the sure handed Frenchie in PPR. You're looking for a TD either way... Frenchie will have half the yards of the other two, but a handful of catches should counter the other half...and then some. Obviously, whoever scores should have the better week, but you probably didn't get to the finals being conservative.

Good luck.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for they reply, I cant play Pierre going up against the Panthers. Too tough of a matchup. I am really thinking about adding Keenan Allen in place of Andre or Edelman. I'm playing against Rivers so it could be a bit of a hedge against a big week for Rivers. Now that Shaub is playing it makes benching Andre a bit tougher.