• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL CFP Predictions

What four teams will make the College Football Playoff?

• Georgia

Votes: 40 93.0%
  • Iowa

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Cincinnati

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Alabama

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Penn State

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Oregon

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Michigan State

• Oklahoma State

• Ole Miss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone Else

• Potato Salad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What four teams will make the College Football Playoff?

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are definitely falling into place for Cincy to become the first G5 team in there. I still think they will need some more help even if they do win-out. But this year is starting to feel like 2007 all over again... anything can happen!

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa still has a very clear path to the CFP, but they need to do something about that offense. That's for sure.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa still has a very clear path to the CFP, but they need to do something about that offense. That's for sure.
Depending on who shows up that day, the team that challenged OSU and blanked Colorado, or the team that lost to Bowling Green, I'm hoping my Gophers are the team that keeps Iowa out of the cfp, lol.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Cincy in now. but I still say they need alot of help. They need utter chaos Armageddon to take place to get in IMHO........ They need to win by 50 pts. in all remaining games. Hoosiers are not a help. ND eh..... maybe.

If you look at the top 10, too many other teams have way more respectable schedules than cincy. sorry, it is what it is...... facts. Still don't think OKla looks impressive. If OSU was playing and winning like they are, the AP would have the Buckeyes at 15........ Bama, OSU, PSU......... if bama beats GA by 3 points in the sec champ game, I'd say they'll both get in....... unless there is a blowout one way or the other.......

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess i have to be the one to point out iowa dropped from 2nd to 11th. Alabama barely dropped to 5. Sec bias at ifs finest

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia and Cincinnati are the only two confident picks I have. The rest of the landscape is a jumbled mess. But if I had to guess:

1. Georgia
2. Cincinnati
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State

Cinci definitely has a good shot but I wouldn't consider them a confident pick. The farther they get into that AAC schedule, the more likely the committee starts looking toward a potential one loss P5 champ over them. Oregon winning the PAC with one loss gets in over Cinci

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cinci definitely has a good shot but I wouldn't consider them a confident pick. The farther they get into that AAC schedule, the more likely the committee starts looking toward a potential one loss P5 champ over them. Oregon winning the PAC with one loss gets in over Cinci
yep. Bingo. just the facts. Cincy needs to get out of that conference....... to help themselves.

Here is their remaining schedule. Sorry, doesn't cut it. there are a bunch of teams that would have a better resume
Sat, Oct 23@NavyNavy12:00 PM
Sat, Oct 30@TulaneTulane12:00 PM
Sat, Nov 6vsTulsaTulsaTBD
Fri, Nov 12@South FloridaSouth Florida6:00 PM
Sat, Nov 20vsSMU21 SMUTBD
Fri, Nov 26@East CarolinaEast CarolinaTBD

But I really have to laugh at numerous cfb talking heads talking them up like they were the best thing since sliced bread.

Commentators saying right now, "they absolutely deserve to be in the CFP"................

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. Bingo. just the facts. Cincy needs to get out of that conference....... to help themselves.

Here is their remaining schedule. Sorry, doesn't cut it. there are a bunch of teams that would have a better resume

But I really have to laugh at numerous cfb talking heads talking them up like they were the best thing since sliced bread.

Commentators saying right now, "they absolutely deserve to be in the CFP"................
I think you are being a little too tough on Cincy. Compared to BIG teams and SEC teams, sure, they don't cut the mustard, but far too often teams like Iowa, or Oregon or an ACC team win conf titles without beating more than one or two ranked teams, and get too highly ranked, so if Cincy beats SMU and ND remains ranked, thats 2 ranked wins and no losses and lots of poundings of lesser teams. Will be hard to keep AP voters and computer rankings from liking them enough to get in.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are being a little too tough on Cincy. Compared to BIG teams and SEC teams, sure, they don't cut the mustard, but far too often teams like Iowa, or Oregon or an ACC team win conf titles without beating more than one or two ranked teams, and get too highly ranked, so if Cincy beats SMU and ND remains ranked, thats 2 ranked wins and no losses and lots of poundings of lesser teams. Will be hard to keep AP voters and computer rankings from liking them enough to get in.
eh, yes and no. look, I think it'd be cool if they made it in A playoff. The plain truth is, in the top ten, teams #5-10 I would wager have better resumes than Cincy. There is way more to it than being simply undefeated. How do you think all the other teams in the top 10, or hell, the top 20 would fare with Cincy's schedule?? Most would be undefeated. Indiana was overrated and a paper tiger. ND isn't a big deal. and SMU. please. Cincy has got to get themselves out of that conference. It's killing them. but the thing is, do they have what it takes to hang in the Big 12 or ACC?
Look at OSU's schedule. They have Oregon, Penn St., Mich. St, Mich., Purdue, and probably Iowa....... I'd bet that's the toughest 2nd half of the season schedule in the country.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, yes and no. look, I think it'd be cool if they made it in A playoff. The plain truth is, in the top ten, teams #5-10 I would wager have better resumes than Cincy. There is way more to it than being simply undefeated. How do you think all the other teams in the top 10, or hell, the top 20 would fare with Cincy's schedule?? Most would be undefeated. Indiana was overrated and a paper tiger. ND isn't a big deal. and SMU. please. Cincy has got to get themselves out of that conference. It's killing them. but the thing is, do they have what it takes to hang in the Big 12 or ACC?
Look at OSU's schedule. They have Oregon, Penn St., Mich. St, Mich., Purdue, and probably Iowa....... I'd bet that's the toughest 2nd half of the season schedule in the country.
Ok, I tried playing Devil's advocate, but TBH, I think I tried to do that just because I knew it would allow me to take a shot at both Iowa and Oregon's weak schedules when in reality I totally agree with you.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon winning the PAC with one loss gets in over Cinci
do they have what it takes to hang in the Big 12 or ACC?

I know you guys didn't just type that with a straight face lol.

The Big 12 or Big 10 ok fine. Understandable.

But the PAC 12? ACC? Really? Cincinnati will still be undefeated in those conferences right now.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the PAC 12? ACC? Really? Cincinnati will still be undefeated in those conferences right now.

But they are not in those conferences. The fact remains, a P5 champion will almost assuredly get the nod over undefeated Cinci even with one loss.

What helps Cincinnati is that it doesn't appear likely the acc or pac champ has only one loss by seasons end. They still have to worry about the SEC getting two in and the B1G and B12 champs

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one loss Alabama, one loss Georgia, one loss Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State (whoever wins the Big Ten East), one loss Oklahoma and a one loss Oregon all make it in before Cincy.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I partially take your point. however, even though the PAC and ACC are a little down, both of those conferences pose better challenges and more difficult opponents than the group of 5 conf. they are in. At the end of the day, there are better athletes in those conferences.