• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB is done for

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am right in the middle of this, which I suppose is appropriate being a fan of a Big Xii Team. I WANT there to be college football, but I want it to be SAFE. I definitely prefer the Big Xii approach over the B1G approach. I'm going to give the Pac a break, because they have so many schools in hot zones. I understand why they have shut down.

As for Iowa State, the Athletic Administration has been really smart about about it. They stopped season ticket sales at 50% capacity, so at best Jack Trice will be half full. Plus, they have a plan to cut back to 25% - which would mean that there would be two 3 game mini-packs divided between the season ticket holders. Plus, there is a no fans option on the table.

Personally, I think the 25% mini-pack option is the best. If so, I hope I am in the plan with the Louisiana game. Regardless of how it shakes out, ISU is allowing full refund, donation to the Cyclone Club for the year (which increases priority for next year) or push forward to pay for next year's tickets based on each fan's preference. Whichever option is chosen will NOT effect permanent seats going forward. I like that!

So, I am happy that the Big Xii is trying to play, and I like that ISU has a solid plan! I hope they can play, and I prefer the 25% option. I'd rather sacrifice mising 3 games in person for a little more distancing. The only option I do not like is playing without any fans. That would be bogus.

However, if it all gets cancelled due to Covid spread in Ames, Des Moines, Iowa or in Big Xii Country in general, I am still happy with the fact that Iowa State and the Big Xii have attempted to play and have a solid plan.

Let's Go State!
upload_2020-8-15_8-37-1.png

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If college football revenue hadn't ever escalated to the amount it is today, (and with it money spent on coach's salaries, luxury boxes, other facilities, etc) there wouldn't be any clamoring for some different type of redistribution of it. And, the irony is, even with the huge amounts of revenue, very few athletic departments operate on a surplus. Many schools went on a spending spree to keep up with the Jones' and just flat ain't as wealthy as the Jones'!

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants to go fishing?
You should become an Iowa State fan this year and help wake up the bitches as the Cyclones make their run to the Big Xii and hopefully CFP Championships! fyi: Iowa State first Bowl Game was vs. LSU in the 1971 Sun Bowl when the great Bert Jones was QB and the great George Amundson was the ISU QB-RB. Johnny Majors vs. Cholly Mac was a great coaching match-up to boot!

sun-bowl-el-paso-usa-shutterstock-editorial-6611549b.jpg

upload_2020-8-15_9-12-44.jpeg

Last edited:

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am against the government having anything to do with football.

I'm against any limitations on packing the stadiums, I want to go to the games. No need to lose our fucking minds trying to stop a virus we are all going to get anyway.

I am for deep investigations into programs at UGA, Miss St, UNC, Virginia, and Bama.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am against the government having anything to do with football.

I'm against any limitations on packing the stadiums, I want to go to the games. No need to lose our fucking minds trying to stop a virus we are all going to get anyway.

I am for deep investigations into programs at UGA, Miss St, UNC, Virginia, and Bama.
Undeniable fact that we all will be exposed to this virus one way or another.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day, people will realize that fans love TEAMS more than players.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants to go fishing?
I do. We are having our second to last mess of white perch tonight, and need to restock.
Unless you are talking about offshore fishing, thanks but I'll pass.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. We are having our second to last mess of white perch tonight, and need to restock.
Unless you are talking about offshore fishing, thanks but I'll pass.

I'm too poor to fish offshore. I've been killing bull bluegills lately. Tast sooo good.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don’t count on that. Players have cried about that since professional athletes unionized.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 was great!!! Joe Burrow was amazing, but that player has moved on but LSU is still here. Players and coaches come and go, but the team is still there.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 was great!!! Joe Burrow was amazing, but that player has moved on but LSU is still here. Players and coaches come and go, but the team is still there.
The best example of that are the Jerry Jones acolytes. No matter who the players or coaches are, they still love them some Cowgirls. And the question that continues to baffle me is "Why in the world would anyone be a fan of anything that Jerry Jones is involved in?" Only owner worse is Dan Snyder.