• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Center ice being painted

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screen-shot-2013-09-03-at-11.01.37-AM.png

We are getting close! !

Last edited by a moderator:

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's significant about "keeping the crown under LA"?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's significant about "keeping the crown under LA"?

I just think it indicates that hockey season is just around the corner. But I see your point, crowns are to be worn on your head, not to be sat on.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand the question. What they're painting is the logo the Kings wear on the front of their jerseys. It is a representation of a banner like the kingdoms of history used to carry during battle and/or fly outside the castle. The LA of course is for Los Angeles and the crown is for Kings. It isn't complicated.

But yeah Doobee it might be more representative if the LA was at the bottom and the crown at the top section of the banner.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - I originally said keeping the crown under LA, but my meaning was it was just the crown last season, and I'm glad the crown is still within the logo.
:gaah:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand the question. What they're painting is the logo the Kings wear on the front of their jerseys. It is a representation of a banner like the kingdoms of history used to carry during battle and/or fly outside the castle. The LA of course is for Los Angeles and the crown is for Kings. It isn't complicated.

But yeah Doobee it might be more representative if the LA was at the bottom and the crown at the top section of the banner.

Ox

Yeah, since mcro pointed it out, I was thinking, maybe it would make more sense if the crown was on top. I guess they derived the logo from the 1990s unis, which also had the crown on the bottom. Maybe they make a switch (excuse to sell more jerseys). At the same time, they have success with the crown being below the LA, so they'll probably end up not changing anything.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - I originally said keeping the crown under LA, but my meaning was it was just the crown last season, and I'm glad the crown is still within the logo.
:gaah:

Oh my bad, I thought mcro brought up the crown being down. It's not a big deal IMO, never really thought about it until now. I guess I could see why they did it, if they wanted to make the "LA" lettering bigger it works. I would probably just make "LA" smaller, put it on the bottom, & then make the crown larger and put it on the top. But like I said, I didn't even think about it like that until now so it's probably not a big deal to most people.