• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Rodon

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sox draft carlos rodon with 3rd pick

left handed starter from nc state. im glad we got him instead of one of the high school pitchers. hopefully he is a stud. according to scott merkin, he expects him in the bullpen in august much like sale did.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so what is the deal with signing rodon? yes, he was a #3 pick and the slot money for that is about $6M. but the fact is the only reason he wasn't taken #1 is because houston and miami knew they couldn't sign him. everyone knows he was the best player in the draft. so he probably wants #1 money which is about $8M. so, are the sox dragging their feet on this? for $2M? they threw more than that kind of money away on crap pitchers like paulino and downs.

all along i've bitched about the money they wasted on about 5 guys who absolutely suck (around $10M worth) and gotten grief about it. everyone said low risk high reward! i kept saying that's a lot of money to waste. and now a couple million is stopping us from signing the best player in the draft? sox keep saying the sooner he signs the better. well then? SIGN the fucker!

this is one dumb organization. SELL THIS TEAM to someone who knows how this game works!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i sure hope not.

:agree:

What's the point of that...he should be in the rotation next year though. Perhaps they want him to get his feet wet this year.