• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cards v. Rams II

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to expect here. I watched the first match where the Rams won. They played great and beat an AZ team that was playing decent enough themselves. Super close, and looked like the Rams could be a team to take seriously going forward.

And then...not so much.

They've lost four straight. Every other week they look competitive, but the other week they looked horrifying. Hoping the Cards get the horrifying Rams...we already got the good one earlier.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Bethel signed 3/$15 mil extension today. That pretty much means that Powers won't be resigned. Now we just need to get Rashad resigned. Honey Badger can't resign till the offseason & Jefferson is a RFA, so he can just be tendered a decent number & no one will be willing to forfeit a high pick.

As for the rams, turnovers were the problem in the first game if I remember correct. Hold onto the ball & we should win this game.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards should win this game.... Offense needs to click and get stuff done in the Red Zone which has been an issue lately. D Johnson needs to hold on to the ball....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Physically dominated the Rams in every aspect of the game. The physical Rams got bullied.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like even with CJ and Ellington out the running game didn't miss a beat. Good to see Kerwyn step in and look good again after so much time on the practice squad.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game across the board.

I have to think that barring a SB run, CJ2K has seen his last game in a Cardinals uniform.

Now it's time to pony up the cash to get Rashad Johnson extended. He's the QB of the defense. Get him extended & we won't have much left to do concerning our free agents.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, CJ, while he had a great season, will probably not be happy with another season at Vet minimum and I thin with Ellington, D. Johnson, and Williams the Cards will have all the potency the need at RB. I do think they need to start looking for the next QB in this next coming draft, Palmer is no spring chicken and I don't expect more than 2 more years out of him at most.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, CJ, while he had a great season, will probably not be happy with another season at Vet minimum and I thin with Ellington, D. Johnson, and Williams the Cards will have all the potency the need at RB. I do think they need to start looking for the next QB in this next coming draft, Palmer is no spring chicken and I don't expect more than 2 more years out of him at most.

The 2016 QB class is terrible. I would rather spend the picks on a CB/ILB/C/P/OLB.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2016 QB class is terrible. I would rather spend the picks on a CB/ILB/C/P/OLB.
Agreed, nothing very good out there. To me they need to find a franchise QB in the 2017 draft or somehow find a decent QB as a stop gap until they do get one. Hell, even though I think he's a scumbag, trying to get Mettenberger from TN could work. He seems to have the arm and size BA likes, the part I worry about with him is the between the ears stuff.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% agree. The last time the Cards tried to get cute with a QB, we got Logan Thomas, which was one of the worst picks I've ever seen (I love our GM...this was an exception to the rule for him). Wait until there's a bunch of solid options.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Palmer plans on playing till his body can't go anymore. If that's the case & he stays healthy, I can see him playing through 2019.

What will be interesting to see in the offseason is what they are going to do with Stanton & Barkley. Stanton is a FA who might want to move to a team that gives him a reasonable chance to compete as a starter. Plus, he will make a nice chunk of change where ever he goes. That leaves Barkley as the backup... Who knows how well he will do in emergency duty.