• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cards @ Pirates for 5gms, damn this is gonna be real fun or real sucky

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit it: I haven't seen any either. This is a contrast to just about every other major league park the Cardinals have visited this season, though. Nice to see a football town get behind their baseball team.

Now, if only my baseball town would support its football team... :noidea:
Actually, what he was referring to, was there were plenty of Cards fans at the other games this series, just as they normally are in other cities, but tonight, their numbers are scarce.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we come back and win this game, I'll shit myself.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we come back and win this game, I'll shit myself.

I just might shit myself, too. Actually, probably not, because I won't be surprised. I'll just throw my TV out the living room window, and then I'll be lucky if I get to sleep on the couch tonight!

Even if my Birds hang on, the Pirates winning four out of five games is still epic. Cardinals fans like to emphasize that this is not a make-or-break series because we have so many games left against the Pirates and Reds. I am an optimist and I stick by my Cardinals, but I am not quite so sure about that. Maybe this series doesn't mean much for St. Louis, or maybe it's the difference maker for Pittsburgh? Who knows?

Just be sure to clean your houses when you get home from work tomorrow. I don't want all of those brooms in Greater Pittsburgh to go to waste.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, wow. Guess the rubberband got stretched too far and snapped back.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, if only my baseball town would support its football team... :noidea:
I don't think you'll ever see Rams fans travel. Seattle, San Fran and Arizona are a bit too far away.

This is kinda how I feel right now:

Last edited by a moderator:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, the majority of fans in opposing teams' staduims/ballparks didn't travel from out of town, they live there (or at least nearby). At least that has been my experience with Steeler fans. I hate it when the media says "oh, they travel well".

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, the majority of fans in opposing teams' staduims/ballparks didn't travel from out of town, they live there. At least that has been my experience with Steeler fans. I hate it when the media says "oh, they travel well".
Yeah. Its just that the Rams have a really small fan base because St Louis is a baseball town and LA is a basketball town. The Chiefs have been in Missouri a lot longer and they have a stranglehold on a good portion of Big 8 country. And even when the Rams were good, they didn't carry a blue collar image and thats how you generally get your die hard fanbases in football. The Steelers have a really good blue collar image and they've got the hardware to back it up.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have a really good blue collar image and they've got the hardware to back it up.
It didn't hurt that there was such an exodus of people from Pittsburgh in the 70s and 80s due to the collapse of the steel industry, so generations of people were raised Steeler fans all around the country.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, at least we didn't get no-hit? :noidea:

#lookingforpositives

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not downplaying the series or anything...it was more of a light-mooded jab on today's shellacking.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not downplaying the series or anything...it was more of a light-mooded jab on today's shellacking.

Without a doubt my comment was sort of joking also.

Yeah it was a great series and this loss honestly I don't think will hurt this team. When you think about it just imagine if it was 3-3 in the 18th and they gave up the winning run then vs giving up 13 without even being in the game after the 4th inning. It is embarrasing but really less draining.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 games in 13 straight days, it was a mental break for them, at least.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, what he was referring to, was there were plenty of Cards fans at the other games this series, just as they normally are in other cities, but tonight, their numbers are scarce.

Perhaps I wasn't clear because I knew that. I just figured since Pirates fans show up en masse these days that it'd be more difficult for traveling Cardinals fans to scoop up tickets as they typically do elsewhere.

There have been some destinations this season like New York (Mets), Houston, etc. where Cardinals fans outnumbered those for the home team.

I'll have to check in the next time our teams match up- this is going to be fun right up to the playoffs!