• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals Close To Deal With Peralta

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jcrasnick: @jcrasnick:
Free agent Jhonny Peralta closing in on a deal with #STLcards, source confirms.

Looks like it's 4/52

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this move. Not a spring chicken, but Peralta will bolster the offense.

1B...Adams
2B...Wong(I think his bat will come around)
3B...Carp
SS...Peralta
C.....Molina
LF...Holliday
CF...Bourgos
RF Craig

Looks like a pretty potent offense, then there is Taveras in the wings.

Mo didn't have to give up any arms, and because Detroit didn't make a qualifying offer, not sure why they didn't, STL doesn't lose a 1st round pick. They also GET a 1st rounder when ever Beltran signs.

:yahoo::yahoo:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations too the Cardinal ownership and management. That fat contract thrown at Peralta successfully gave the bird to MLB's drug policy. A very nice job in stating that a 50 game suspension for PED is well worth it.

'''St.L.....We welcome Drug users!'''

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations too the Cardinal ownership and management. That fat contract thrown at Peralta successfully gave the bird to MLB's drug policy. A very nice job in stating that a 50 game suspension for PED is well worth it.

'''St.L.....We welcome Drug users!'''

Well, your team welcomed him back with open arms when his suspension was over. He served his time, has never tested positive, just his association with biogenesis.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, your team welcomed him back with open arms when his suspension was over. He served his time, has never tested positive, just his association with biogenesis.

Oh sorry....I forgot. You guys had McGwire. This is old hat to you guys. Did the club ever take the PED dispenser out of the clubhouse? I guess St. Louis will be talking to Nelson Cruz and Colon soon.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is just mad that their team's window closed

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power Hitter?

Now that Beltran is off to the Yanks, who do you think the Cards will pursue as a power hitter? That has been one of the strengths of the Cards in the past few years. My brother-in-law is a lifelong Cards fan and he is pissed at the prospect of not having a guaranteed power hitter in the lineup.

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Beltran is off to the Yanks, who do you think the Cards will pursue as a power hitter? That has been one of the strengths of the Cards in the past few years. My brother-in-law is a lifelong Cards fan and he is pissed at the prospect of not having a guaranteed power hitter in the lineup.

Your brother in law isnt to bright then, no offense. They werent a power team last year unless you count doubles.

They have 3 guys capable of 20 or more homers, Adams, Craig, Holliday and two more who can hit 15 or more in Peralta and Molina. Carpenter cant hit 10-15 a year and the OF platoon of Burj, Jay, and eventually Taveras will net at least 10 more if not 20 plus depending on when Taveras is called up and how much Pt he gets