• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Caps v Kings 7:30PST FSW

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy 3rd is what we all saw but this article points out to a specific culprit that the Caps attacked to get back in the game:

While he has his share of blame and mistakes, I don't see him being the reason the Kings where outshot 18-6...that makes no sense. I also don't think he is the reason LA played in reverse that whole period...It didn't matter what lines/pairs the Kings had out there they where all watching the game

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I too don't see him being the sole reason for last night but looking at the stats of this article, maybe he shouldn't be on the top pairing since the Caps seemed to have more success attacking that side of the ice.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put anything into that article. The Caps have the best record in the NHL and can jump on any team that backs away from them. 1 game is just that, 1 game that the Kings won. I don't know why this guy didn't write about the previous games Scuds was in, at least give a body of work as to why he sucks like he says Vinny does....

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid article, someone needs a friggin girlfriend. Even my sometimes drawn out diatribes aren't that retarded.

Scuderi wasn't any worse than any of the other 17 skaters who got used and abused in the third.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anything crazy from the gif's on that web site. Being a forward myself, I can guarantee you that they probably went after Scuderi. Every shift I'm on I size up my defense I'm up against and go after who I feel I have a better chance at beating. Who are you gonna go after, Scuderi or Doughty? It's a no brainer but I don't see anything he screwed up. In the gif's on his article he rode the guy into a bad position into the corner, textbook defense. There was a couple scrambly plays but it looked like he was hung out to dry and trying to make up for someone else being out of place.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of us who play and evolve and understand the game do that, I'm far more aggressive standing up someone on defense early (sometimes I stand up at THEIR blue line when breaking out if the situation warrants it - I have help from my forwards backing me up, my defense partner is in good position in case I get burned) who may be a weaker link on a line than say his more skilled and shifty counterpart or a smarter player, NHL guys are no different and do it faster and better.

I also agree Scuderi was trying to cover up some other blown coverages, which is why I said he didn't look any worse than any other player that third period.

On Orlov's goal, Lewis started that whoe sequence by biting on the move and then the other 4 guys were caught in no man's land - should someone attack him or stay with their man? They played conservative and he danced right down the middle, that looked like the gold old days of J-Blow defense.

Someone should have left their man and stepped up on him, which Quick (hopefully) would have read knowing that's (the now open man) where the pass is going and maybe get there before the shot and it could have been squashed.

These things happen in games, and more credit to Orlov than anything but railing on Scuderi when he simply has done his job (overall) since coming back is dumb.