• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canucks answer to an SN1 question

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On Sept 8th, I sent this to Canucks.com

Could you please explain to me how the Vancouver Canucks can announce the SportsnetOne coverage when there is no availability of a Rogers signal in the greater Vancouver area?

I just found this answer in my junk box dated Sept 14th. (surprised I gat a reply at all actually)

Thanks for taking the time to send us your email. I know there is a lot of concern in regards to our games and the possibility of not being able to see them. I want to assure you that our decision to enter into this new agreement with Rogers was done so with the fans in mind, albeit, with an element of risk involved. Fans have been vocal about not wanting games via Pay-per-view. Over the past years, PPV was really the only available option to make the games available to viewers as there was not another carrier willing or able to deliver them. Rather than leaving the games untelevised, we produced the games in-house and made them available through PPV so fans at least had the option to see them. We couldn't sit on the fence on the decision to move the games to Rogers or continue with PPV. We needed to take a leap of faith that Rogers will be successful in their negotiations and our games available to viewers, which is what we have done. This new agreement with Rogers strengthens their programming content for their new channel, and eliminates the need for our games to be on PPV. The 13 games that would have been slated for PPV will now be carried by Rogers Sportsnet ONE. That being said, as is the case with any new channel launch, there is a negotiation process that needs to be endured between the Network and the various service providers to gain carriage of the channel. Rogers is currently in negotiations with all of the major service providers and we are hoping that those negotiations will result in Sportsnet ONE being carried, and therefore available, to viewers throughout BC. It is the desire of both the Vancouver Canucks organization, and Rogers to have our games available to fans. Having all of our games available to fans has been our goal and one we have achieved for a number of years. That hasn't changed. The method is now different but we also must endure the process necessary to make this happen. We appreciate the fans continued support and interest and we remain hopeful that the negotiations between Rogers and the various carriers will get resolved prior to the start of the season.
Shannon Baker
Broadcast Business Manager
Canucks Sports & Entertainment
800 Griffiths Way,
Vancouver, BC, Canada
V6B 6G1 T
604.899.7477C
778-868-8972F
604.899.7487E
[email protected]
canucks.com
WE ARE ALL CANUCKS

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOAD OF CRAP.... some of those games that were on PPV would be carried by any network there is. Really noone wanted to Carry a Montreal Canadiens Game? or a Wings Game? how many freaking Thrashers games were on that, Predators? whatever....

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an update on Sportsnet One...

Rogers Sportsnet One will be available to all Digital customers FREE until October 31st, 2010.
After that date, it will be available in the following packages:

HD+ customers will get the HD & SD versions at no extra charge
HDSports customers will get the HD & SD versions at no extra charge
Digital TV customers will get the SD version at no extra cost (Required a DCT)

Customers who do not subscribe to one of our “full cable” digital packages will also be able to purchase the SD version of the channel “a-la-carte” for an as of yet unannounced price point.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got this from my local cable

We understand that you have an interest in the Sportsnet One Channel, which is currently not a part of Delta Cable Channel line up.

We are still in negotiation with Rogers to have this apart of Delta Cable's Channel Line up. We often add channels according to CRTC regulations and subscriber interest. We will certainly note your interest and consider it in our future plans. We encourage you to check eastlink.ca regularly to find out if the channel will be added shortly.

Thank you for being an Delta Cable customer and we look forward to continuing to serve your communication and entertainment needs.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Matty, that's what you get for living in the boonies!!! :D

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
me too apparently... My boonies are the Sunshine Coast tho We are the "coast" of Delta/Coast cable... so matty, you must be on dccnet too then??? But Delta area?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since you guys did some yeomans legwork ... I thought I should too with Bell through Bell live chat support

A chat representative will be with you in about 0 minute(s). Thank you for waiting.

Chat representative Pamela has joined the session and is ready to help. To start, please provide your name and home phone number.

Pamela: Hello, thank you for visiting bell.ca. How may I help you today?

You: Hi I was wondering when Bell will be carrying Sportsnet One

Pamela: I really understand that.

Pamela: I would like to ensure that you get the appropriate attention you deserve. I would like to provide you with the right contact information of the department that will be in a better position to assist you and offer you options to resolve this

Pamela: Shall I>?

You: Sure

Pamela: 1. Call 1 888 SKY-DISH (759-3474) for support on this issue.

Pamela: 2. Contact our chat support at Contact Bell customer service

Pamela: 3. Send an email to Bell by visiting this link:

Pamela: Contact Bell customer service

You: You cant give me an update by live chat

Pamela: If I have the information, I would have helped you.

You: Thanks for nothing Pammy

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just emailed Coast Cable asking them for an update on their negotiations with Rogers. I told them I would be prepared to look for an alternate provider if they didn't get the package in time for the first game. Not that there is really any choice... the only other provider here is Telus (Bell Satellite through Telus lines actually), and they don't have an agreement yet either......sigh...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too apparently... My boonies are the Sunshine Coast tho We are the "coast" of Delta/Coast cable... so matty, you must be on dccnet too then??? But Delta area?

correct. I heard a rumour that Shaw might be here in 3 months. if so I might change back over. annoying they are but consistent up time.

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Further to my contact with Coast Cable:

I sent:

Can you please tell me the status of your negotiation with Rogers for the new Sportsnet One channel? I am an avid Canucks fan and really want to see the games shown on SN1. I am prepared to look at other providers if you do not manage to come to agreement with Rogers in time for the first of their broadcast Canucks games.

They replied:

We understand that you have an interest in the Rogers Sportsnet One channel.

Please see below for FAQ's

Q. Does EastLink plan to carry the Rogers Sportsnet One channel?

A. EastLink would like to be in a position to offer the Rogers Sportsnet One channel to our interested customers. If and when we are able to come to a mutual agreement on the business terms relating to this channel, we plan to carry the channel.

Q. Why hasn't EastLink provided customers with access to the Rogers Sportsnet One free preview?

A. EastLink is only able to offer the free preview to customers if we formally agree on business terms and commit to a multi year contract. Given we are not yet in an agreement, we are unable to offer the free preview.

Q. What is the status of the negotiations between Rogers and EastLink?

A. While we are unable to share the details of the negotiations, EastLink, like all other service providers in Canada is working behind the scenes to understand the full extent of the "business terms" to be able to carry this content and how those terms would ultimately affect our customers, which is of the utmost importance to us.

Q. How long is this negotiation expected to take? Will the channel be offered by EastLink in time for winter sports like NHL hockey?

A. EastLink would like to be in a position today to offer the Rogers Sportsnet One channel to our interested customers. If and when we are able to come to a mutual agreement on the business terms relating to this channel, we plan to carry the channel.

EastLink appreciates your patience while we work through this extraordinary situation

Thank you for being an EastLink customer and we look forward to continuing to serve your communication and entertainment needs.

Thank you,

EastLink Customer Care

Mumbo Jumbo I would say.....