• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp...the Good, the Bad

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you guys are hearing about camp up at Flowery Branch.

92.9 has been broadcasting from camp everyday.

I haven't had a chance to get up there, but what I have heard.

1st off...Profootball Focus thinks the base will be 3-4 with Soliai @ NT...in camp they have been in a nickel look most of time with Josh Wilson as the 3rd CB and only Bartu & Warrilow @ LB...that's what they posted on the Falcon site as well as a depth chart.

The Good...Jake Matthews is the plug n play OT they thought, stronger and a better run blocker than they expected. He's been manhandling Biermann...to the point of fighting frustration. He looked really good vs TN in the scrimmage...most think the right side of the OL went from a weakness to a strength.

More Good...IF Lowery can stay on the field they think he will be an upgrade to DeCoud and the back 4 may be the strongest part of the DEF as both young CBs are looking sharp according to Leadbetter. Soliai is a rock in the middle...run DEF should be markedly better. Goodman has shown the most improvement of the young DL guys and will be in the rotation @ DE but odd they list him as 3rd string behind Massaqoi

Last Good...Julio has not been a participant every day with pads on, but he has looked good in drills and he was on the field at least 2 days in pads, no issues with the foot so far...Roddy looks fully recovered.

The Bad...some talking heads are saying Baker has not looked great and the OL as a whole seems to be behind the DL at this point although they held up okay vs TN in the scrimmage.

More Bad...Hageman had a broken hand scare in one of several internal fights Sunday...playing mostly against the 2nds, but he's looked pretty good...I think he had been back on the field with a cast or some protection. They are expecting him to get snaps @ DT.

Last Bad...DL pressure has not been good...Osi is listed as 2nd string behind Biermann and most think Biermann has not looked great in pass rush. Jamie Dukes is on record saying they will have get pressure via scheming by Nolan. The early positives on Devonte Freeman has gone somewhat quiet...SJax (hammy) needs to surprise some people...he has plenty of doubter in camp.

That all I have...we'll see soon enough how this squad looks.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pariah Jerry retired, I hope that doesn't hurt our depth on the DL too much. Just from what I've seen from Hard Knocks, Biermann looks like he's been frustrated with his performance in practice. I hope that doesn't translate to poor fouls or bad play in the future. Hageman was getting knocked on his butt and looked tired at lot in the scrimmages as well. He might not be completely ready to be a presence on the line this year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pariah Jerry retired, I hope that doesn't hurt our depth on the DL too much. Just from what I've seen from Hard Knocks, Biermann looks like he's been frustrated with his performance in practice. I hope that doesn't translate to poor fouls or bad play in the future. Hageman was getting knocked on his butt and looked tired at lot in the scrimmages as well. He might not be completely ready to be a presence on the line this year.

Don't have HBO, but what the radio media is reporting about Biermann I hope doesn't translate to the season either.

The whole "get tougher" theme I think is on a lot of these guys mind as the cut down days draw nearer...so far the OL is "showing up" vs the HOU DL in joint practices