• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bud norris tonight

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bud started for tides 2.2 inn 12 h 9 r 9 er k 2hr

nolan 3-3

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Wright will take over Norris's spot in the rotation given their recent performance?

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nolan is 8-12 in the last 3 games . call him up buck

You might as well include other guys such as Parmelee in that list since there's nothing to lose... Just look at how well the "call up everyone from AAA" tactic has worked out so far on the pitching side:

Wright + Wilson + Drake: 19.1 IP, 0.47 ERA, 0.88 WHIP

Last edited:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might as well include other guys such as Parmelee in that list since there's nothing to lose... Just look at how well the "call up everyone from AAA" tactic has worked out so far on the pitching side:

except for tj

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

btw matusz will get 8 games susp

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken... To be clear, I was mostly referring to the prospects who would be rookies in 2015 (which would exclude players such as McFarland).

oh i'm sure you know how i love home grown talent . my reason for nolan being first one up we owe him a true shot and he loves us . if he was snider wright would've been 2-0 no way he would've been thrown out .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw how and where does garcia fit in on this team? to be honest we have several more arms worth more than what he maybe . i wonder if who starts the dh ? norris is in bowie wednesday

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw how and where does garcia fit in on this team? to be honest we have several more arms worth more than what he maybe . i wonder if who starts the dh ? norris is in bowie wednesday

1. Part of me wonders if we might as well keep Garcia on the major league roster. After all, if 2015 is going to be a lost year (because the Orioles are starting to look like a sub-0.500 team given its lack of offense recently), it might make some sense to start the rebuilding process early... and that could involve giving the prospects more playing time.

2. For the double header on Thursday: Is Gausman ready to return yet? (If he's healthy, I don't think a spot start would hurt even if the plan is to stretch him

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wonders if we might as well keep Garcia on the major league roster. After all, if 2015 is going to be a lost year (because the Orioles is starting to look like a sub-0.500 team given its lack of offense recently), you might as well start the rebuilding process early... and that could involve giving the prospects more playing time.

we are loaded in pitching . the team needs a nolan being a healthy nolan .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nolan is 2-3 today 9-13 and everything is nailed .

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are loaded in pitching . the team needs a nolan being a healthy nolan .

I guess the bigger issue is that even a healthy Nolan Reimold isn't enough: Even if you could start him at LF on a regular basis, there are still other holes to fill (RF, 1B, 2B, and arguably SS). I've just looked at the stats for the Norfolk Tides, and it looks like the Orioles organization has the same problem at the AAA level: They have above-average pitching (2nd in the IL in ERA) but below-average hitting (last in the IL in OPS).

Am I the crazy one here, or does this organization need to seriously consider conducting multiple pitcher-for-position-player trades?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the bigger issue is that even a healthy Nolan Reimold isn't enough: Even if you could start him at LF on a regular basis, there are still other holes to fill (RF, 1B, 2B, and arguably SS). I've just looked at the stats for the Norfolk Tides, and it looks like the Orioles organization has the same problem at the AAA level: They have above-average pitching (2nd in the IL in ERA) but below-average hitting (last in the IL in OPS).

Am I the crazy one here, or does this organization need to seriously consider conducting multiple pitcher-for-position-player trades?

nolan , manny , jimmy and aj that would be a good top 4 .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when looking at stats just remember that the tides is a pitcher park and hard for a rhb to hit homers . walker had a terrible start this year but is coming on lately . jimmy at first or walker and leave jimmy at dh next year either one works . walker is 24 . davis is a good one and speedy for of . we have no speed atm . man do we miss schoop which it seems he is always injured . alvarez has a cannon for an arm .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moves I would make now to try and shake up the team.

Clevenger up and cut Larvanway. He's hitting .322 in AAA and can't be any worse than Larvanway.
Parmelee up and cut Lough. He's hitting .323 in AAA.
Reimold up and cut De Aza. Last 10 games Reimold is hitting .378 I know their paying him $5Mil this year (minus what they already paid for 2 months). Last 10 games he's hitting .226. I think he goes since Young his hitting better average wise and I think their still hoping Pearce from last year comes back. I guess you can cut Pearce as well.

I think they should cut Norris. He'll probably clear waviers since he's due a ton of money.

Other option they could look into is trading Chen. He's a free agent after this year and has Boras as his agent. Someone will give him a good contract in the offseason and I doubt the O's will want to or need to with all of the arms in the minors.

He has a 2.90 ERA and a team making a playoff push would want him. Can we get a decent hitting prospect for him? Would you trade him? I guess it depends on who we can get for return. I'm just think it's a sell high reason.

We would then have a rotation of
Tillman
Jimenez
Wright
Gonzo
Guasman/Other minors pitcher.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moves I would make now to try and shake up the team.

Clevenger up and cut Larvanway. He's hitting .322 in AAA and can't be any worse than Larvanway.
Parmelee up and cut Lough. He's hitting .323 in AAA.
Reimold up and cut De Aza. Last 10 games Reimold is hitting .378 I know their paying him $5Mil this year (minus what they already paid for 2 months). Last 10 games he's hitting .226. I think he goes since Young his hitting better average wise and I think their still hoping Pearce from last year comes back. I guess you can cut Pearce as well.

I think they should cut Norris. He'll probably clear waviers since he's due a ton of money.

Other option they could look into is trading Chen. He's a free agent after this year and has Boras as his agent. Someone will give him a good contract in the offseason and I doubt the O's will want to or need to with all of the arms in the minors.

He has a 2.90 ERA and a team making a playoff push would want him. Can we get a decent hitting prospect for him? Would you trade him? I guess it depends on who we can get for return. I'm just think it's a sell high reason.

We would then have a rotation of
Tillman
Jimenez
Wright
Gonzo
Guasman/Other minors pitcher.

man has the minors been good to us . btw most was drafted by jordan . drake i am so happy for the man .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
todays game tides nolan 1-2 2r 2b bb the game was nolan 2-1 then tides scored 5in the 8th inn . up 7- 2 1 out in the 9th beato has given up 1 already while having the basesloaded .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flaherty is on rehab. Who goes when he comes back?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flaherty is on rehab. Who goes when he comes back?
sad part is most likely an outfielder which should be for nolan . de arza , snider , and lough . buck loves lough .pearce is a back up first baseman , 2nd and catcher i have heard in the past . young is a ph bat at best .