• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BSU: record 6 players drafted

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Previous record was 4.

Only 3 teams had more players drafted. BSU continues to move itself forward, this kind of thing helps with recruiting. Yeah you can play at BSU and make it to the NFL.

BSU players:
Drafted:

#1 McClellin/Chicago
#1 Martin/ Tampa Bay
#3 Crawford/ Dallas
#5 Iloka/Cincinnati
#7 Potter/Arizona
#6 Winn/ Cleveland

Free Agents:
Moore/Detroit
Shoemaker/Tampa Bay
Baker/ Minnesota
Tevis/ New Orleans
Root/Miami

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
argh

BSF27 can you fix my typo please?

PLAYERS............stupid keyboard

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awwwwww

ap-201111121826664059096.jpg

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but srsly...detroit got a fucking steal

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought moore expressed his desires to be a coach. No?

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore wants to play.

A lot of folks have said they feel he will be an outstanding coach but that isn't his goal right now. So no, Moore has not expressed that desire. Others have for him.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but srsly...detroit got a fucking steal

Apparently he spent a lot of time talking with Coach Pete and Detroit was felt to be his best option. So yeah bummer on not getting drafted but it is better to go as an FA to a good situation than get stuck as an afterthought and a 7th round draft pick in a situation he'd fail in.

Bronco Beat ‏ @IDS_BroncoBeat

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chris Petersen spent a lot of time on phone with Moore, helping with decision. Said many teams wanted him as FA. Detroit a good situation
Retweeted by Brian Murphy

This isn’t how Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore wanted to enter the NFL.

It is where he wanted to go.

Moore on Saturday agreed to terms on a free-agent deal with the Detroit Lions after the winningest quarterback in college football history was snubbed by 32 teams in the 253-pick NFL Draft.

He will go to training camp as the No. 3 quarterback for a franchise that expressed an interest in developing a young signal caller.

“Very frustrating process, but a great outcome in the end,” said Moore, who failed to break the Broncos’ 37-year draft drought at quarterback. “Going into it, you felt very comfortable and confident that you’d get an opportunity to get drafted. Bottom line is it didn’t happen. But it’s kind of funny you end up where you’d love to go in the first place.

“… There are two great (quarterbacks) to learn from, and I think that presents a great opportunity going in there.”

The Lions possess one of the NFL’s top young quarterbacks in Matthew Stafford, who was the No. 1 pick in 2009. They have a veteran backup in Shaun Hill, who enters his 11th season. And they lost their No. 3 quarterback, Drew Stanton, in free agency.

They also run a quarterback-friendly offense that often features three wide receivers, including Boise State product Titus Young.

Lions General Manager Martin Mayhew told the team website before the draft that he wanted to find a No. 3 quarterback to groom.

“I think that role, whether it’s filled in the draft or free agency, will be a developmental type player,” Mayhew said. “I don’t know how old that guy will be, but we’ll see him as a guy who has the opportunity to develop and has upside, whoever that player is.”

Moore and his agent, David Dunn, used a spreadsheet breaking down each team’s quarterback situation to guide them through the process as their phones began ringing in the seventh round of the draft. Moore also talked extensively with Boise State coach Chris Petersen.

The top candidates were the Lions, Chargers, Rams and Falcons, Moore said. All of those teams have established starters, which allows time for a backup like Moore to develop.

“They felt very confident that (Detroit) was his best opportunity to play in the NFL,” Petersen said.

Petersen was surprised that Moore fell all the way to free agency. Eleven quarterbacks were selected, including Chandler Harnish of Northern Illinois with the last pick.

Only nine teams chose a quarterback, with the Colts and Redskins taking two each.

Moore, who finished in the top 10 of Heisman Trophy voting three times and was a finalist once, was overlooked because of his size (6-foot, 197 pounds) and his arm strength. Analysts on the ESPN and NFL Network broadcasts said he’d never be a starter in the league.

“(NFL personnel) really feel like certainly at that position there’s a minimum cutoff (for measurables) and if you’re not that, they’re not willing to take too much of a chance,” Petersen said. “I do think there are a lot of teams who were extremely intrigued by him and who would have loved to get him on their roster. The Lions are the ones who are extremely fortunate. They’re going to get a good player. ... If a team gives him a legitimate chance to learn the system and get reps, I really believe he will be in the NFL for a while.”

Moore believes that, too.

His confidence hasn’t wavered.

“I don’t think there will probably be a more motivated quarterback,” he said.

Read more here: Boise State's Kellen Moore heads to Detroit as a free agent | Kellen Moore | Idahostatesman.com

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore definitely landed in a good spot I think that he will eventually turn into a starter though, probably not for Detriot with Stafford being set there for a while.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he spent a lot of time talking with Coach Pete and Detroit was felt to be his best option. So yeah bummer on not getting drafted but it is better to go as an FA to a good situation than get stuck as an afterthought and a 7th round draft pick in a situation he'd fail in.

like zabransky did?

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like zabransky did?

Zabransky did not talk to Coach Pete and he picked a terrible situation. I was flabbergasted when he picked the Texans. I knew he wasn't going to make it there.

The two situations are NOT comparable. Not to mention Moore is not the headcase Z was.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't Carolina be any good? 6 drafted players and 5 free agents and you could have competed in just about any conference in the country. UNC has just as much talent and still sucks.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't Carolina be any good? 6 drafted players and 5 free agents and you could have competed in just about any conference in the country. UNC has just as much talent and still sucks.

For Moore that isn't a good option.

That isn't to say Carolina isn't any good it just means it isn't a good option for him. And it isn't. His skills don't match what they are doing.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Moore that isn't a good option.

That isn't to say Carolina isn't any good it just means it isn't a good option for him. And it isn't. His skills don't match what they are doing.

Lol. Sorry, i was off topic. I meant UNC is just as talented as Boise, I just I wish we could get the kind of production as Boise. Kellen Moore is a great fit in Detroit, that isnt to say he will be starting but Stafford is injury prone, and Kellen Moore is probably going to be one of the smartest QBs in the NFL and will be given a chance to succeed in a couple years.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Sorry, i was off topic. I meant UNC is just as talented as Boise, I just I wish we could get the kind of production as Boise. Kellen Moore is a great fit in Detroit, that isnt to say he will be starting but Stafford is injury prone, and Kellen Moore is probably going to be one of the smartest QBs in the NFL and will be given a chance to succeed in a couple years.

One word

Coach

;)

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine what he would be able to do if he ever had one of the top recruiting classes.

Logic would make that a reasonable statement however I wonder how much of BSU's success is because Coach Pete promotes TEAM rather than individuals and he goes after kids with chips on their shoulders.

I'm not sure how a team with a bunch of prima donnas would work out for him.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic would make that a reasonable statement however I wonder how much of BSU's success is because Coach Pete promotes TEAM rather than individuals and he goes after kids with chips on their shoulders.

I'm not sure how a team with a bunch of prima donnas would work out for him.

I think there is a difference in prima donnas and top rated recruits. But yeah, if he could recruit 5* players that wanted to be a part of a team, then i think Boise would be so good. Calipari is able to take the most talented basketball recruits, get them to play as a team, and they are usually very successful, i would imagine if he could recruit like this Boise would be a very dominant team.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a difference in prima donnas and top rated recruits. But yeah, if he could recruit 5* players that wanted to be a part of a team, then i think Boise would be so good. Calipari is able to take the most talented basketball recruits, get them to play as a team, and they are usually very successful, i would imagine if he could recruit like this Boise would be a very dominant team.

this year this was the case

he had a talented group of players who were also willing to play as a team

for a few past years he ended up with a few showboaters like John Wall and they lost earlier in the tournament then expected during those years.

when we recruit we tend to recruit the most talented players who aren't prima donnas

you'll also notice that we don't tend to bring in many non-Juco transfers, as most transfers tend to be prima donnas.

North Carolina on the other hand has been loaded with low effort prima donnas

I think of almost every North Carolina player mentioned in this year's draft had some sort of concern about effort.

Plus you have fools like Donte Paige-Moss on the team, guys like that probably wouldn't last very long here.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At 50-3 I would say they already are a dominant team...........that includes wins over Pac10 champ Oregon, Vtech...Jawja.......sounds like domination to me.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this year this was the case

he had a talented group of players who were also willing to play as a team

for a few past years he ended up with a few showboaters like John Wall and they lost earlier in the tournament then expected during those years.

when we recruit we tend to recruit the most talented players who aren't prima donnas

you'll also notice that we don't tend to bring in many non-Juco transfers, as most transfers tend to be prima donnas.

North Carolina on the other hand has been loaded with low effort prima donnas

I think of almost every North Carolina player mentioned in this year's draft had some sort of concern about effort.

Plus you have fools like Donte Paige-Moss on the team, guys like that probably wouldn't last very long here.

Just out of curiosity, do you not think there are 5 star players that aren't prima donnas? Two UNC players had a concern over their lack of effort, but i think a lot of that has to do with the situation they were in last year. I have a hard time believing that if paige-moss and coples were on a team like Boise that they wouldn't give it their all to try to win a national title.

And yes, Boise is already dominant, because they have won games over AQ Conference champs. Obviously, they don't need to change their recruiting techniques because they are already successful. However, i would imagine that Boise, if they could recruit 5-star non prima donnas, could be even better.