• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brooklyn Nets Deron Williams thinks they are better then the Heat

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deron Williams believes the Brooklyn Nets are better equipped to deal with the Miami Heat this season.

The Nets have dropped their last 13 encounters with the two-time defending champion Heat, losing the three meetings last season by an average of 21 points.

But before the beatings even took place on the court, Miami had already won where it matters most -- in the Nets' heads.

"I don't know if we felt we were a better team than the Heat last year," Williams said during a sitdown with first-year Brooklyn coach Jason Kidd for ESPN's "SportsCenter" conversation. "And so I think in order for us to be able to beat them this year, we have to feel like we are a better team and we can beat them. And I think we do."

Source: ESPN New York

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deron Williams believes the Brooklyn Nets are better equipped to deal with the Miami Heat this season.

The Nets have dropped their last 13 encounters with the two-time defending champion Heat, losing the three meetings last season by an average of 21 points.

But before the beatings even took place on the court, Miami had already won where it matters most -- in the Nets' heads.

"I don't know if we felt we were a better team than the Heat last year," Williams said during a sitdown with first-year Brooklyn coach Jason Kidd for ESPN's "SportsCenter" conversation. "And so I think in order for us to be able to beat them this year, we have to feel like we are a better team and we can beat them. And I think we do."

Source: ESPN New York

Geez, maybe Deron is correct

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see KG and Pierce are bringing their bitterness with them. :L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic! Deron you are better than this. The Heat have made it to the Finals 3 straight times and you want to give them more motivation. Yes, the Nets can be dangerous but saying this the 3rd game in the season and when you haven't done shit in the playoffs your whole career.

Some might call it ballsy, I call it stupid. Give them respect and have them take you for granted (whoch I doubt they are). Then if you beat em IN THE PLAYOFFS, you can feel all high and mighty.

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic! Deron you are better than this. The Heat have made it to the Finals 3 straight times and you want to give them more motivation. Yes, the Nets can be dangerous but saying this the 3rd game in the season and when you haven't done shit in the playoffs your whole career.

Some might call it ballsy, I call it stupid. Give them respect and have them take you for granted (whoch I doubt they are). Then if you beat em IN THE PLAYOFFS, you can feel all high and mighty.

You are talking about what happened in the past.

The Heat are not the same team they were last season.

The Nets have completely overhauled their team, coach and philosophy.

But you are sayinyg that it is wrong for Deron to think that this years Nets are better than this years Heat.

You are not making any sense whatsoever. Congrats