• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos vs Bears Game thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick comment on the secondary. From what I could tell the field was still frozen. I saw a lot of our players slipping all over the place. To me that was an equipment issue of not having the right spikes in the shoes to stay upright. Gave up a ton of big plays because guys would slip and fall down. So I don't think it was so much that our secondary was down right bad but I just think they caught some unlucky breaks on some of that.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick comment on the secondary. From what I could tell the field was still frozen. I saw a lot of our players slipping all over the place. To me that was an equipment issue of not having the right spikes in the shoes to stay upright. Gave up a ton of big plays because guys would slip and fall down. So I don't think it was so much that our secondary was down right bad but I just think they caught some unlucky breaks on some of that.

Don't forget to add the defense allowed Cutler out of the pocket numerous times in which then the secondary looked terrible by giving up a big play or a penalty. The right spikes in the shoes I won't use as an excuse. They knew what the field was like when they warmed up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats from a Bear fan. Your young QB was poised and his arm looked alive. Could not see PM making them throws. Fox is still helping you guys get wins too. Bit disappointed in my team as we were flat today. But were in a rebuild and I'm pretty happy overall with the direction were headed. Boy O boy the calls today by the refs. It's the first game this year we got some calls, so that was weird. Refs got to answer to the Vegas book makers, so they kept it close. No Forte or Alshon really changed what we could do on offense but no excuses as both teams had big players missing. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats from a Bear fan. Your young QB was poised and his arm looked alive. Could not see PM making them throws. Fox is still helping you guys get wins too. Bit disappointed in my team as we were flat today. But were in a rebuild and I'm pretty happy overall with the direction were headed. Boy O boy the calls today by the refs. It's the first game this year we got some calls, so that was weird. Refs got to answer to the Vegas book makers, so they kept it close. No Forte or Alshon really changed what we could do on offense but no excuses as both teams had big players missing. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

If bears keep it up they will be pressing for the division next year. Cutler looks much better than I remember and I think that backfield is filled with great RBs. The bears are making huge strides and another offseason to get healthy and some talent will work wonders. Heck, I would not be surprised to se them upset the vikings or packers this year.

Sidenote, Martellus Bennett is massive. Dude looks like a monster.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If bears keep it up they will be pressing for the division next year. Cutler looks much better than I remember and I think that backfield is filled with great RBs. The bears are making huge strides and another offseason to get healthy and some talent will work wonders. Heck, I would not be surprised to se them upset the vikings or packers this year.

John Fox is GREAT at taking over downtrodden teams and building them up to respectability.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock should watch Culter and Rodgers and how they move and slide in the pocket. Both are great at it and Brock if he could do the same thing always looking downfield he will improve even more.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c

Thanks honesty !!! I wanted to say this .. but I did not want to hear oh you are Bias .. this in spades ^

Everyone was wine were was Miller well with two guys holding him on nearly every play ...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is he might be the softest player I ever seen. Breath on him and he goes down. Won't fight for the extra yard, not even a inch.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish they would have let Brock spread it out and go for it on that 3rd and 6 where he took the dive. We get a 1st down there and it's over. I'd have trusted him to try to make that throw.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish they would have let Brock spread it out and go for it on that 3rd and 6 where he took the dive. We get a 1st down there and it's over. I'd have trusted him to try to make that throw.

I think as he gets more comfortable in this offense they will really open things up. That was a very simple game plan they run with a lot of safe throws for the 1st time starting QB. From what I understand they had a lot more in the game plan for this game but because we got the early lead the coaches decided to go a little more conservative and really save some of what they want to do with Osweiler for a later game. I'm not a fan of the game staying as close as it did as I would have liked to see them at least get that 2 score lead before going too conservative but it does excite me to hear that they have a lot planned for this kid.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as he gets more comfortable in this offense they will really open things up. That was a very simple game plan they run with a lot of safe throws for the 1st time starting QB. From what I understand they had a lot more in the game plan for this game but because we got the early lead the coaches decided to go a little more conservative and really save some of what they want to do with Osweiler for a later game. I'm not a fan of the game staying as close as it did as I would have liked to see them at least get that 2 score lead before going too conservative but it does excite me to hear that they have a lot planned for this kid.
Heard talk today that actually said Denver should keep things simplified and maybe even more with Pats because of how well Pats disguise things and the pressure they are bound to throw at Brock and the O. Get the ball out quick,roll outs and of course he needs the help of the run game to slow down the Pats rush. I agree that opening things up for Brock should maybe wait till after this game anyway :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard talk today that actually said Denver should keep things simplified and maybe even more with Pats because of how well Pats disguise things and the pressure they are bound to throw at Brock and the O. Get the ball out quick,roll outs and of course he needs the help of the run game to slow down the Pats rush. I agree that opening things up for Brock should maybe wait till after this game anyway :)

If the situation calls for it I wouldn't mind them trying a few bootleg deep passes in this one. They didn't really try anything down the field in this past game. I think I saw one where they pushed our WR out of bounds yet somehow no penalty was called. I think having Sanders back in the line up maybe opens up that opportunity a little more.

I do agree simplified does help this offense. I mean we have a TE in Davis who has been here 3 weeks trying to learn this offense. Keeping things simple for him allows him to play fast. Latimer isn't the smartest guy on the field so again keeping things simple allows us to take advantage of his great athleticism that we saw this past weekend.

I did forget to mention this this past week but I do know the OL has said in the past that with how much Manning changes at the LOS it does make it tough in he might change the play 3 different times before he snaps the ball so they have to change mentality of whether it is a run or pass. When the team huddles and knows when they get to the LOS that 90% of the time the play will be what is called in the huddle it definitely makes things much easier to go out and do your job as a blocker. I think we saw that this past Sunday in guys firing off the LOS and for once our OL was playing on the defensive side of the ball making life much easier for our RB's.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the situation calls for it I wouldn't mind them trying a few bootleg deep passes in this one. They didn't really try anything down the field in this past game. I think I saw one where they pushed our WR out of bounds yet somehow no penalty was called. I think having Sanders back in the line up maybe opens up that opportunity a little more.

I do agree simplified does help this offense. I mean we have a TE in Davis who has been here 3 weeks trying to learn this offense. Keeping things simple for him allows him to play fast. Latimer isn't the smartest guy on the field so again keeping things simple allows us to take advantage of his great athleticism that we saw this past weekend.

I did forget to mention this this past week but I do know the OL has said in the past that with how much Manning changes at the LOS it does make it tough in he might change the play 3 different times before he snaps the ball so they have to change mentality of whether it is a run or pass. When the team huddles and knows when they get to the LOS that 90% of the time the play will be what is called in the huddle it definitely makes things much easier to go out and do your job as a blocker. I think we saw that this past Sunday in guys firing off the LOS and for once our OL was playing on the defensive side of the ball making life much easier for our RB's.

Agree 100% with this!!!