• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos cutdown tracker

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. WR- Nick Williams
2. WR- Kendall Hinton
3. OT- Isaiah Prince
4. CB- Delonte Hood
5. WR- JJ Koski
6. LB- Austin Ajiake
7. TE- Tommy Hudson
8. WR- Montrell Washington
9. DT- PJ Mustipher
10. RB- Dewayne Washington
11. DT- Jordan Jackson
12. CB- Faion Hicks
13. OL- Henry Byrd
14. DT- Haggai Ndubuisi
15. WR- Josh Hammond
16. WR- Taylor Grimes
17. QB- Ben DiNucci
18. OLB- Aaron Patrick
19. CB- Art Green
20. LB- Seth Benson
21. DT- Tyler Lancaster
22. RB- Tyler Badie
23. TE- Albert Okwuegbunam (Traded to Eagles)
24. OT- Will Sherman
25. OLB- Christopher Allen (May revert to IR until healthy)
26. DB- Devon Key
27. K- Brett Maher
28. OL- Kyle Fuller
29. OL- Demontrey Jacobs
30. RB- Tony Jones
31. OLB- Marcus Haynes
32. DT- Tomasi Lauille
33. WR- Michael Bandy
38. One extra cut with Lutz addition

39. Baron Browning stays on the PUP

** Likely cut 3 vets to place 3 guys on Short term.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JL Skinner made the 53 man roster. A sure bet PJ Locke is likely going on the short term IR.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn Bailey
Marquez Callaway
Lil’Jordan Humphrey
Fabian Moreau
Mike Purcell

3 of these will be re-signed tomorrow.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All draft picks make initial roster plus 4 undrafted.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humphrey 1 of 3 returning tomorrow after ir adds.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klis saying we will re-sign Bailey, Moreau and Purcell. Humphrey to the PS. How many CB's and OL do we need?

My answer- Never enough DB's. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow will be interesting.

Not sure what 3 players go on short term but my best guess is Palc, Williams (this one is for sure) and Locke. Seem like the 3 most likely. Only other option is Moss and it sounds like he should be back soon.

Word is we bring back Moreau, Bailey and Purcell as procedural moves for the 3 going on IR.

With 4 WR's we don't "have" to claim a WR. We can always elevate a WR like Humphrey, Bandy or Callaway, Washington depending on who we sign to the PS before game 1.

It seems very possible we could though. I think we have one too many DB's and OL on the roster right now. I wonder if Forsyth and maybe a DB like Skinner or Tremond Smith could still be a possibility with possible claims tomorrow. Hard to say. Also possible one of the guys who are said to be "re-signing tomorrow" could fall victim to a waiver claim. (Moreau or Bailey) Seems like we don't want to expose Skinner or Forsyth to waivers, maybe?Or if we do maybe our strategy is to wait until the first string of waiver claims so maybe teams fill their position and are less likely to claim after the next 24 hours. Not sure, but tomorrow will be interesting I think.

The hardest part is over but tomorrow will be another big day to set the final roster for week 1.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton said Quinn Bailey is coming back for sure tomorrow. Had a great camp and very excited for him...

I think this is awesome news for Bailey, who has been on our PS for what? 4 years now much like Kendall Hinton, never makes the 53 man roster but always gets in some games (not as many as Hinton) but you love to see this for Bailey... Always sticks around and re-signs with the PS and finally will make the 53 man roster in Week 1. Dude deserves this.

Speaking of Hinton. Very unlikely he is back on the PS. I wonder if Washington will even be on the PS. Sounds like we want Humphrey, Callaway and Bandy all on the PS.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Lil'Jordan Humphrey is a vested vet so he doesn't have to to pass through waivers to sign back to our PS. Also appears if Jeudy isn't ready to go week 1 he would be the guy elevated. Payton and Paton really worked this roster.

I expect a few claims tomorrow though and some more change.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talk that Purcell might not come back until after week 1. Which would mean his contract is not guaranteed. I'm not a huge fan of this idea considering the Raiders with Josh Jacobs will want to run the football like crazy and I don't like the idea of hurting our DL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have much of a problem with that but I also get your concern with it. My thought is Purcell isn't quite 100% yet and has declined some, he keeps taking paycuts to stick around and that is awesome of him. This is the second year in a row he took the plunge for the short term IR guys. Dude has been a fantastic teammate and all of that... Raiders may not give Jacobs a full work load with him just re-signing a few days ago.

Not sure what to think of this move to be honest. I can see it both ways. I've heard he is expected to be back tomorrow but the signing him after Week 1 makes a lot of sense if you ask me because of the contract thing. A rule I wish the NFL would tweak somehow. It seems Bailey is 100% back tomorrow from Payton's indication. The thought is Moreau and Purcell will be the other two but I think claims will play into this a bit. Like I said before I almost expect Forsyth and then a DB like Skinner or Tremond Smith to still be in jeopardy with waiver claims. Smith's contract is guraranteed if we cut him or not, being him back after week 1 or not... Doesn't matter but I also don't think you have to KEEP a guy on a one year deal just because of that money. Then I also think why would you re-sign Moreau tomorrow and cut Smith tomorrow? Or maybe Moreau isn't re-signed depending on waiver claims tomorrow.

Not sure I have ever spent so much time thinking about how we are going to work the waiver wire and PS as much as I have this year...

With new PS rules (not brand new but you know what I mean) it makes it even harder to predict what will actually happen) I mean in the case of WR's we only have 4 and ideally that is a small amount especially with one being questionable for week 1 but we probably sign 3 to the PS and with the elevations rules it doesn't really matter for the time being until we elevate a player past his max where we can't elevate him anymore with signing him to the active roster or some other team eventually wants to sign that guy off our PS..

Then you also have to wonder. Is there some WR we want to claim tomorrow and send a guy like Forsyth or Skinner to the PS giving them maybe less of a chance to be claimed since a lot of players will be claimed tomorrow and things may settle down a bit after that.

Buckle up! This is fun and nerve wracking at the same time to me. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Quinn Bailey coming back today we have to be claiming a WR or something and cutting an OL to place back on the PS.

We are really roster heavy at OL and CB right now if you consider the expectation of Bailey and Moreau being brought back today. Williams will obviously go on short term but that still keeps us roster heavy at CB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Broncos make their first move. Phillip Dorsett is signing with the Broncos.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are signing WR Phillip Dorsett. U of Miami WR has been around awhile. Played with Wilson before.

Colts
Patriots
Seahawks
Raiders

Speed WR who gets around from team to team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice Squad

Signings/Claims to active roster
WR Phillip Dorsett

Additional Cuts

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to keep track of Dorsett's career so I will add all the teams the much traveled WR has played for

Patriots- 1st round pick
Colts- traded for Jacoby Brissett
Seahawks
Jaguars
Seahawks- Spent the entire year on IR
Texans
Raiders- Never actually played for them signed there this year and then was released and now....
Broncos

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok pickup in a position of need with a solid vet, plus can give some Faider intel for week 1.