• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos cutdown tracker

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutdown day is Tuesday but if history repeats itself this should be the big day at least for us.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K'wuan Williams needs ankle surgery. My best guess is he will go on short term after cuts with someone else coming back on the roster.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB K’Waun Williams will undergo surgery that figures to sideline him for up to 8 weeks, source confirms. So decision must be made: have him on 53-man, then move to IR. Or season-ending IR? If recovery time proves right, you’d like him back during the season Denver7 Denver Broncos

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB K’Waun Williams will undergo surgery that figures to sideline him for up to 8 weeks, source confirms. So decision must be made: have him on 53-man, then move to IR. Or season-ending IR? If recovery time proves right, you’d like him back during the season Denver7 Denver Broncos
Perfect time for Bassey to continue to emerge - as K'Waun William's job is perfect for him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one sucks big time. That secondary was looking really good with Mathis starting to look like a legit starter. Bassey has shown well so hoping he has taken that next step but Williams really was a top-7 slot corner in the league before this injury.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks but at least it feels like we have depth there. Bassey and McMillian had great preseasons and Riley Moss will be healthy soon. He is a little behind now but he is the type of player who can quickly catch up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Bronco Malik Reed waived by the Dolphins.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of past Broncos being waived. Malik Reed, Trinity Benson, Nate Hairston all gone at this point. I'm hoping the Malik Reed and Trinity Benson trades remind the Broncos that if a team comes calling for an end of roster guy then you make that move. Albert O for example had his one great game of his career this past preseason game. If a team comes calling with a 5th round pick trade offer I'm taking that every day of the week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really depends, IMO... Do you need the guy this year? Do you need the depth at his position? You don't get a lot for these guys so is a late round pick worth it? Often yes, but I also don't give anyone away for a late round pick and if I think the guy can help me if his position gets weak.

To me Malik Reed is really an awesome person and as a football player an overachiever. He doesn't have the tools to really get better then what he is, so his peak has already happened and while I am sure he will resurface he is a guy who had some success but probably won't have a real long NFL career. That was a smart trade.

Albert O could be a smart trade too, IMO. A guy who has one year left on his contract and minus injuries won't probably fill a big role this year but probably earned a roster spot late in camp. I would take take a pick for a guy like that mostly because he would be our #4 TE. Now the kicker is if Dulcich does go down then Albert fills that rec TE role but he hasn't been good enough at it so it is probably worth the pick in this case.

Hairston is just a stop gap CB who will last in the NFL for a little bit longer but probably end up on 1-2 teams a year and never finding a home but as you know will never have value in a trade. He is just sorta another guy who when numbers get thin he has some experience and is decent on ST's.

I am surprised we got anything for Benson to be honest. I know at the time he was doing well in camp and the Lions were brutally, horribly bad at WR (at that time they were by far the worst WR unit) but you have a lot of options on the waiver wire at WR after cutdowns.

But yeah if it is a guy who is on the roster bubble and you can't decide between him and someone else the draft pick offer is a good tie breaker or if you are just keeping a player to keep them when you don't think you are going to depend on them much this year, take the pick.

Other former Broncos released

Christian DiLauro
Corliss Waitman
Michael Ojemudia
Barrington Wade
Shane Ray
Tyrie Cleveland (Will be on IR until cleared)
Freddie Swain
Damarea Crockett
Trey Quinn
Devine Ozigbo
Duke Dawson
Darius Phillips

Like any team in the NFL there are going to be a lot of former players off your roster cut on cutdown day. Afterall, it is the healthiest rosters will be all year... Most of these guys will resurface at some point this year with the PS rules and increased numbers the good thing for these guys is that there is plenty of room in the NFL to be signed sometime this season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade a guy like Essang Bassey for a late round pick just to "get an extra pick". Albert O is a little different to me.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a dream we traded Albert O to the Jags

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot convince me he was on a team this preseason…

He was on the Bills. Placed on IR with an injury and released off IR. Had a good past few years in the CFL and got another opportunity in the NFL. Guessing his last chance in the NFL.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I'm weird naturally lol

I'm doing good TY Pops :) How RU George?
I’m getting old! My back isn’t too young anymore, I had surgery on it in December and that went well. You may have to start taking care of me soon!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are going to wait until tomorrow to finish up our cuts.

Few bigger names cut today are Texans CB Desmond King and LB Christian Kirksey (both Iowa guy) both victim to the Texans new defensive scheme.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m getting old! My back isn’t too young anymore, I had surgery on it in December and that went well. You may have to start taking care of me soon!
I would help you the best I could. I bet a lot of snap crackle and pop sounds would be going on throughout though lol. Glad surgery went well for you. George you are the best.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get this over with and get to tomorrow. I want to know what Marvin Mims official jersey # will be.