• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well clearly we will have a new pr this year.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be able to stop the run before you can get a team to punt the ball

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Logan to cards that makes me happy

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a breakdown of all these trades that we have made? We only have 1 7th now and I thought we had 3.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a Meh draft for me. Liked the action, but the results were iffy.

Really only like 3 players, the rest I could do without.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this draft, it's safe to say, Elway was in fact "a little rummy"

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Going to stick with C+ grade as it looks now. Bolles is the main cog in keeping this draft a success. Hopefully he is the guy and Walker and others make some solid noise as well. I'm hopeful.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a Meh draft for me. Liked the action, but the results were iffy.

Really only like 3 players, the rest I could do without.
I'm guessing Bolles,Walker and Butt as your 3. That would be mine if in a

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick's Draft Grades (i will do an article probably tomorrow depending on how long podcast takes... and i may switch some of these around)

Bolles: B
Fit need and value. Was top 10 on their board. Mean athletic and upside.
Walker: C+
Don't understand this pick really. Not a great fit in 3-4 and limited to B gap from film I broke down. Hope he proves me wrong
Henderson: A
Dynamic receiver with dangerous ability with ball in his hands. Needs to work on routes but huge upside for us.
Langley: B-
Another upside pick. Won't see much field other than special teams this year. Good press corner. Big and athletic.
Butt: A
Not a crazy good athlete or blocker but just solid. Would have been 4th best TE in this class if not for injury. Will pry start on PUP
McKinzie: B-
I like the speed and added juice but after taking Henderson seemed like a double dip and limited value. Good athlete and returner.
Henderson: B+
One of the better late round backs to be honest. Good athlete and shifty and not afraid to take on tacklers. Fumbler and low level of competition.
Kelly: B
Known for being a loose cannon and somewhat of a weird douchy dude. Big arm and good athlete. Could be a steal.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly will get beaten out by N. Colorado QB - UDFA - Kyle Sloter - he is the opposite of Kelly - interesting pairing.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick's Draft Grades (i will do an article probably tomorrow depending on how long podcast takes... and i may switch some of these around)

Bolles: B
Fit need and value. Was top 10 on their board. Mean athletic and upside.
Walker: C+
Don't understand this pick really. Not a great fit in 3-4 and limited to B gap from film I broke down. Hope he proves me wrong
Henderson: A
Dynamic receiver with dangerous ability with ball in his hands. Needs to work on routes but huge upside for us.
Langley: B-
Another upside pick. Won't see much field other than special teams this year. Good press corner. Big and athletic.
Butt: A
Not a crazy good athlete or blocker but just solid. Would have been 4th best TE in this class if not for injury. Will pry start on PUP
McKinzie: B-
I like the speed and added juice but after taking Henderson seemed like a double dip and limited value. Good athlete and returner.
Henderson: B+
One of the better late round backs to be honest. Good athlete and shifty and not afraid to take on tacklers. Fumbler and low level of competition.
Kelly: B
Known for being a loose cannon and somewhat of a weird douchy dude. Big arm and good athlete. Could be a steal.

I would flip the top two. Love the Walker pick. Have reservation on Bolles.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly will get beaten out by N. Colorado QB - UDFA - Kyle Sloter - he is the opposite of Kelly - interesting pairing.

Fun fact I just read. Kyle Sloter is a mere 8 days older than Paxton Lynch. Small world.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give it a solid B+. Elway did a great job of filling some of our biggest holes and I think there were some very nice value picks.

Garrett Bolles--I think I have made it clear on here that I am higher on this draft class than most the national media guys. So yes I like this pick and for me had him as my 13th best player on my draft board. So getting him at 20 I am more than happy. Fills our biggest hole and I am one that believes barring injury will become our LT for the next 10 years. So having said that I give this pick an A

DeMarcus Walker--Not as high on this pick. Kind of a tweener at the DE/OLB spot. Being 280 he doesn't have the speed or ability to really bend around the edge like you need for the OLB and he just doesn't have the girth/power to really hold up full time in the trenches. I like his ability to get after the QB and his leadership qualities that he brings to the team but I view him as a part time player and just don't like that thought in the 2nd round. Can grow into a starter kind of like Malik did but Malik was easier to understand being a 5th round pick. C Grade for this one

Carlos Henderson--One of my biggest draft crushes. I don't think it has been a secret around here that he was one of my draft crushes. I have wanted this kid for quite some time and again fills one of our biggest holes as a slot WR and return man. Needs some refining route running wise but cannot wait to see what he brings to this team. A+

Brendan Langley--Very raw prospect. Just recently made the switch back to Corner after playing WR. The exact type of Corners we look for though in the strong with press-man abilities and the speed to really stick with a WR. I'm a little shocked we went with him this high but the fact that he gets a year to develop behind the best CB core in the NFL makes me think good things could come from this. Add in his special teams help so he will contribute some this year. Sold B

Jake Butt--Huge value at this point in the draft. In-line TE that has some huge upside for this team. Throw in the talk of him actually being ready for this season has me excited to see what he can bring to the table. Love his attitude and love that at the TE position this guy cares about his route running as a way to get open. A+

Isaiah McKenzie--Love the speed and special teams ability he brings but just seems like this is getting a little redundant at this point. Just thought they should have gone a different direction with this one. Still for a 5th round pick good chance he sees some snaps this season on special teams and some designed plays on offense. C

De'Angelo Henderson--Another very good pick for this late in the draft. Fits the exact type of RB that McCoy loves to use on offense. He was my final RB still left at that point that I would want the Broncos to draft and they actually took him. Very good value this late in the draft and should see some snaps. B+

Chad Kelly--At this point finding a guy that at times showed 1st round talent is a huge get for the team. Yeah he is a knucklehead that hasn't figured out what it takes to make it in this world off the field. On the field though this kid will at least push both Paxton and Siemian to keep on top of their game. B+

Then the other part of this equation that is nice is the Broncos most likely just got a very good 4th round pick out of the deal. The 49ers don't really have much at the QB position and are still trying to rebuild. So good chance they have a top-10 pick again next year which means Broncos just changed a Comp Pick in the 5th round into a high 4th round pick next season. Possibly about a 60 pick exchange. A+ For the pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give our draft a B+/B.

I like it for the most part... The only thing we were missing that we didn't come away with that I wanted as a NT and depth at OLB, but can't fill everything in the draft, and we should be able to add OLB depth via a Dekota Watson like FA move.

I am excited to finally hopefully fulfill our slot and return man duties.

Henderson as a good option as a 3rd WR and McKenzie is a guy we didnt talk about a lot as a return option, but hard to find many better returners in college then him... He is about as quick as it gets.. I don't think he has a lot of upside as a WR he is so light, but he could get some plays there. If anything he should be a nice return man. Henderson can battle for the job too but focus more so on slot.

I wont get too ahead of myself I loved Cody Latimer, but at least we have a good option this year... Last year we couldn't find that 3rd guy. We basically had a bunch of 4th WR's.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early indications I would grade this Bronco draft a solid B. If the Broncos get 4 guys from this draft through the first contract - they will get an A. Bolles - Walker - Butt and Kelly will be slow starters due to injuries and few other reasons.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without respect to ind players.

The draft as a whole was weakest at qb, OT, and dl. It was exceptionally deep at db and te and pretty good at rb but had most depth on defense. You saw very early a major run on wr and qb due to the dearth and depth of position of the better rated players. Except OL, time and again teams bypassed ol and you saw multiple teams focus heavily on db.

Denver focused very heavily on offense which this was not the best draft. That means the risks were much higher drafting offense. We took a player at a weak position with maximum risk, took a lower risk de good intangibles in 2nd but passed some elite cb talent. The 3rd saw us taking a higher risk small school db and a wr who projects to be a good slot. The remainder of the draft was primarily offense, there was a value pick at TE which was a deep position increasing the probability of a hit.

Elway is on the verge of being historically bad in the early draft given such little value received under his drafts (2011 was Xander's with him assisting). Roby and Ray have flashed, but Roby got torched over a 2 gm stretch last year and is heading into a make or break yr like sly, sly was mediocre at best. Ray is not explosive and seems to get more plays via hustle and attempting to run over people than using skill like ware. But he looks like a starter.

Gotsis has not flashed, at all, Latimer is a bust, oz busted, Huereman is questionable Webster was good, but the production has been terrible (undeniable from early picks saved by late rd udfa gems) our talent base has not evolved behind Elways stellar free agent signings early on. This type of high risk drafting could indicate an issue with Elway ignoring strong scout advice as the scouts likely make those late rd calls.

I can't give it better than a C