• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brickyard 400

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol and then somehow Kahne doesn't even get a top 5 finish. What a joke

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Fact of the matter is the #5 team at Hendrick will always be the worst out of the bunch.(24, 48. 88/25). Theres a reason why Vickers left, why Kyle Busch left. Fact is Kahne hasn't been any more a threat to win races or be any more consistent than he was at Evernham/RPM. In fact, you could make a case hes been worse overall

For a time the #88 wasn't better than the #5.. maybe worse.. and there are rumors that JGR is having sponsor problems.. but with Carl he may bring some sponsors with him.. in any way it will interesting to see where Cuzin' Carl ends up

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Fact of the matter is the #5 team at Hendrick will always be the worst out of the bunch.(24, 48. 88/25). Theres a reason why Vickers left, why Kyle Busch left. Fact is Kahne hasn't been any more a threat to win races or be any more consistent than he was at Evernham/RPM. In fact, you could make a case hes been worse overall

You want to get an idea of what people think of Kahne? Just talk to Richard Petty. Not a very sterling report you'll receive from The King on Kahne.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank Gid the most boring race of the year is out of the way. I don't understand why NASCAR goes to this venue. NASCAR has no tradition in Indianapolis, but Darlington only has one race and Rockingham isn't even on the schedule anymore.

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank Gid the most boring race of the year is out of the way. I don't understand why NASCAR goes to this venue. NASCAR has no tradition in Indianapolis, but Darlington only has one race and Rockingham isn't even on the schedule anymore.

Don't forget.. Pocono is coming up

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol , wtf statement was that "and you really could have used that win for the Chase..."

derrrrrrrrrrrrrrp derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

I would have punched him in the face, you can tell Kahne got real pissed at that "yeah, I know that"

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its a one groove race track, always has been, as narrow as it is, always will be. That being said, as bas as Indy is, its probably not even the worst. California, Loudon are worst IMO

the way the sport and economy have going. Give it another 3-5 years and your gonna see some big time changes to schedule. Where Cup Series races, how many times, etc

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget.. Pocono is coming up

Pocono has had good racing since the repave.

Hell, even FOntana is watchable when you're guaranteed the field will be bunched up every 20 laps.

Now the only tracks I really dread are Indy and New Hampshire.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a one groove race track, always has been, as narrow as it is, always will be. That being said, as bas as Indy is, its probably not even the worst. California, Loudon are worst IMO

the way the sport and economy have going. Give it another 3-5 years and your gonna see some big time changes to schedule. Where Cup Series races, how many times, etc

Eh, as long as Goodyear brings the same tire back to Fontana, and they don't repave it, the racing quality has improved there the last few years. New Hampshire isn't a great track, but I'd rather watch a race at New Hampshire over Indy any day.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about Gordon

he's got 90 wins now, and while I doubt he can race another 5 years that would probably be required to reach Pearsons 105 total. IMO, if he wins another race or 2, but more importantly wins the championship this year. Hate to say, but IMO that would make him the best ever, not that hes far off now

to win 90 times from 1993-2014 is impressive, considering its not an era where sometimes there were 40-50+ races on schedule like there was when Petty-Pearson were racing

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vickers and Busch both left because their contracts were not renewed. Vickers wasn't consistent then and still isn't consistent today. Busch was having temper issues and Hendrick wanted no part of him embarrassing the race team. As for your comment about the #5 will always be the worst of the Hendrick bunch, since 1994, it has been the worst of the Hendrick bunch only 5 times in the final points. Once with Labonte, Martin and Kahne, and twice with Busch.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about Gordon

he's got 90 wins now, and while I doubt he can race another 5 years that would probably be required to reach Pearsons 105 total. IMO, if he wins another race or 2, but more importantly wins the championship this year. Hate to say, but IMO that would make him the best ever, not that hes far off now

to win 90 times from 1993-2014 is impressive, considering its not an era where sometimes there were 40-50+ races on schedule like there was when Petty-Pearson were racing

I strongly disagree.

Dale Sr is by far the most skilled driver NASCAR has ever seen.
Richard Petty will always have the best stats
And David Pearson accomplished so much as basically a part time driver most of his career

Those are the top 3 of all time, and I really don't think Gordon is close to them.

Gordon, JJ, Yarborough and DW can fight for spots 4-7.

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, even FOntana is watchable when you're guaranteed the field will be bunched up every 20 laps.

Now the only tracks I really dread are Indy and New Hampshire.

IDK.. racing at Pocono has always been boring.. even with the repave.. Indy is just too big & flat

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I strongly disagree.

Dale Sr is by far the most skilled driver NASCAR has ever seen.
Richard Petty will always have the best stats
And David Pearson accomplished so much as basically a part time driver most of his career

Those are the top 3 of all time, and I really don't think Gordon is close to them.

Gordon, JJ, Yarborough and DW can fight for spots 4-7.

EARNHARDT-logo3.gif

No argument from me on this one

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now the only tracks I really dread are Indy and New Hampshire and Michigan.

:fify:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first half of the race and then went to work. Seemed boring like I expected. Wasn't surprised by Gordon winning as he seemed to have a good car from what I saw. The 14 team looks awful right now and I'd be shocked at this point with the way they're running if they get a win from now until Richmond to get a Chase spot. I'm starting to wonder if this season will be the 1st season since Tony has been in the Cup series that he doesn't accumulate a win.