• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brett Hundley turns down Senior Bowl invite..

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with this. There's plenty of tape on the kid. If it causes him to drop to our 2nd even better. Rather not force Hundley in the first if Mariota is out of reach -- I'm not giving up the farm for anyone who's not Andrew Luck 2.0 as a prospect. And I'm a Mariota fan.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Wouldn't want him in the third round...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will affect his stock much. It may have helped a bit if he did go, but I doubt this would drop him any from where he would go anyhoo.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until he gets to the combine and his pro day - teams will be drooling all over him then. I don't think this will affect him either.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hundley is still on the board in round 2, then I think Chip drafts him. If not, then Grayson could be the guy next on his list, probably in the 3rd, or even sneak into the 2nd.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QBs in this draft unless Barkley gets cut or promoted to #2. Best option is Locker in FA.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Locker. He'd be a good backup for Nick. He may wind up more valuable to another team though.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley could be a steal. Will be interesting to see where he goes. He needs work but has the skills to excel. I personally wouldnt be shocked to see him go top 10.

I liken him to McNabb. If he is the same but not a choker, I'd take it.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying it for a month now ... I think there's a very good chance Hundley ends up being our 1st round pick. CB is pretty deep this year ... there's going to be talent at the position in Rd 2 and 3, plus I'm fairly certain 2ndary will be a priority in free agency. Foles is only signed for 2015 and he regressed a good deal after teams had an off season of watching his tape. I don't remember too many people jumping off bridges when he went down this past season.

Now I understand our OL was banged up and hopefully that was the main reason for his struggles, but how much confidence can you have in a QB who's only good when having a top 3 OL like we had in 2013? I can't see Chip putting all his eggs in one basket with a guy full of question marks who isn't signed past the 2015 season. The QB position is very weak after Hundley is off the board ... snagging him imo makes a ton of sense for Chip. He fits the system, would have a year of grooming under his belt and is a big insurance policy for Chip if Foles falls on his face.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying it for a month now ... I think there's a very good chance Hundley ends up being our 1st round pick. CB is pretty deep this year ... there's going to be talent at the position in Rd 2 and 3, plus I'm fairly certain 2ndary will be a priority in free agency. Foles is only signed for 2015 and he regressed a good deal after teams had an off season of watching his tape. I don't remember too many people jumping off bridges when he went down this past season.

Now I understand our OL was banged up and hopefully that was the main reason for his struggles, but how much confidence can you have in a QB who's only good when having a top 3 OL like we had in 2013? I can't see Chip putting all his eggs in one basket with a guy full of question marks who isn't signed past the 2015 season. The QB position is very weak after Hundley is off the board ... snagging him imo makes a ton of sense for Chip. He fits the system, would have a year of grooming under his belt and is a big insurance policy for Chip if Foles falls on his face.
We may not go QB in the first 4 rounds! Chip may love Foles.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, pretty much agree. Much prefer Mariota but Id be ok with Hundley at 20 or with a slight trade up. CB isnt that strong & we need another QB for reasons you suggested.

DBs have to be addressed in Free Agency a great deal. Maybe even a G. Aint gonna find a QB with the potential of these 2. Including Manuel in trade. That said, if we dont get one of those 2, Id be working the phones to get Manuel for a 5th or somethin.

Personally, Im gonna be disappointed if we dont get Mariota or Hundley.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think it helps him, hes not that good, was supposed to ball out this year, and didnt, his game is flawed......hes gonna do as little as he can do get a higher pick and more money

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foles first season he didn't throw any picks and his 2nd season he wasn't taking any sacks. Put it all together in year 3 and this offense won't be better with anyone else.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Musgrave gone I think if Chip can bring in a good QB coach to work with Foles we will be fine. Now I like Hundley and if he is there in round 2 I would scope him up. We need a backup QB and also to hedge our bets on Foles. If Foles comes out turning the ball over again next year he may be done, then what?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Musgrave gone I think if Chip can bring in a good QB coach to work with Foles we will be fine. Now I like Hundley and if he is there in round 2 I would scope him up. We need a backup QB and also to hedge our bets on Foles. If Foles comes out turning the ball over again next year he may be done, then what?

I agree. The QB Coach hire is as big a deal as who the QB is. People forget that the best QBs are often not physical specimens. Foles is probably as good physically as Brady or the Mannings. The game for the QB is largely between the ears and the guy talking to you through the helmet microphone is a big part of that.

One of the big advantages of the fast paced offense is the coach can be talking to the QB up til the snap and with all the players getting their signs from the sidelines, the QB (and the coach) can be focused on reading the defense. I don't think people appreciate just how much of this game is happening upstairs now. The NFL doesn't want to advertise that either.

People are sleeping on Barkley, and the truth is he is a complete unknown. Its very possible that Chip is more than comfortable with him as a 2015 option and plans to go into the season with those two guys. The truth on that will come out in Free Agency. If the Eagles don't sign a #1/2 guy, you know they have confidence in Matt and Nick.

I really would be shocked if they made a move for Marriotta. This draft will be about defense.