• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking NEWS: Bears Hire Ryan Pace as new GM

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all hearsay. Until you get it from someone who actually said it, it's all a piss poor conspiracy theory that is nothing more then speculation......Pure Speculation. Pace seems to understand what needs to be done and how to go about it and a plan to get this team there. You are just a negative Nellie

Lovie Smith, already on his 3rd Offensive coordinator, needs bandwagon jumpers for his team.

Actually, your statements seem more like pure speculation. I have felt the higher ups in the front office have been problems for years. The fact they aren't willing to change really frustrates me. Obviously there is something wrong with this organization and neither the mccaskeys or ted Phillips wants to fix it. That's definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So what if pace looks like the next big thing, if they don't give him the freedom other GMs have, he probably won't succeed. I really hope he does, but I am just being a realist here.

I also have no idea why you brought up Lovie smith.

We also have to realize that nobody is going to go to the media and trash any new hires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is still better with the lights out.

Vertical_Football_0.jpg

I would want to leave the lights on so I could see her "o" face. I can almost smell the efferdent and gold bond....

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, your statements seem more like pure speculation. I have felt the higher ups in the front office have been problems for years. The fact they aren't willing to change really frustrates me. Obviously there is something wrong with this organization and neither the mccaskeys or ted Phillips wants to fix it. That's definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So what if pace looks like the next big thing, if they don't give him the freedom other GMs have, he probably won't succeed. I really hope he does, but I am just being a realist here.

I also have no idea why you brought up Lovie smith.

We also have to realize that nobody is going to go to the media and trash any new hires.

They gave him complete control of football operations.......what more does he need? He was probably more of a G.M. in N.O. because Loomis was also G.M. of the N.O. Pelicans. You can choose to be a negative Nellie. I'll be a positive fan and glad that they got a good football man as G.M. All your complaining will not change anything.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, your statements seem more like pure speculation

Of course it's pure speculation, at least it's from something that has came out of someone's mouth. The crap you are talking about has no name to it. Ballard didn't get the job because he wasn't who the Bears wanted.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton had final say from what I hear so Pace will be doing things on his own for the first time. I just wanted a veteran guy. Same with the coach, I don't know why we have to discover new people every time, for every position. I hope things go well but I'm tired of the mind set.

Actually Micki Loomis had final say on the 53 man roster. Who hires a GM that was fired from another team? GM'so aren't the same as coaches.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton had final say from what I hear so Pace will be doing things on his own for the first time. I just wanted a veteran guy. Same with the coach, I don't know why we have to discover new people every time, for every position. I hope things go well but I'm tired of the mind set.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Pace won't pick a head coach from the CFL.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's pure speculation, at least it's from something that has came out of someone's mouth. The crap you are talking about has no name to it. Ballard didn't get the job because he wasn't who the Bears wanted.

No one is going to let themselves be quoted while bashing a new hire. It's just not done. That person would almost be committing career suicide unless it was about a rival, and still it isn't classy. Everyone is going to say what's good about the hire. It happened when we hired Emery, it happened when we hired Trestman. It's the same shit. The anonymous source quoted in that and other articles I have read raises a red flag. Where there is smoke there is fire. I'm not saying pace won't be good, all I am saying is the bears brass is resistant to change. That's NOT how you win in this league. But you can keep believing what you want to be true.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People get excited about the Cubs, after 108 years of nothing = normal, acceptable.

People get excited about the Bears = homerade?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.......I'm probably the least homerish person you will see on here....... the problem is not the "brass".

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is going to let themselves be quoted while bashing a new hire. It's just not done. That person would almost be committing career suicide unless it was about a rival, and still it isn't classy. Everyone is going to say what's good about the hire. It happened when we hired Emery, it happened when we hired Trestman. It's the same shit. The anonymous source quoted in that and other articles I have read raises a red flag. Where there is smoke there is fire. I'm not saying pace won't be good, all I am saying is the bears brass is resistant to change. That's NOT how you win in this league. But you can keep believing what you want to be true.

If you are gonna bash the new hire, then by all means put your name to it or its pure bullshit. If you are man enough to say it be man enough to admit to it. Otherwise it's all bullshit lies

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely untrue........

They agreed to change by going back to an offensive minded head coach, so technically they are still changing if they go back defensive. In all honesty, should Lovie have been fired after getting them to a 10-6 record or was it all emery putting his stamp on the team?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie wasn't fired for going 10-6 as much as he was fired for going 3-5 to end the season and almost never beating winning teams. There was so much more to Lovie firing.
Lack of being a consistent playoff contender. Lack of consistent winning seasons. Lack of wins against the packers. Lack of a consistent offense coordinator......etc, etc,etc......

The old brass would have giving Trestman one more year and then would have fired him. The brass has changed and it's evident in the two firings. It's evident in the hiring of Pace and not Ballard. I feel better today about the future of this team then last Wednesday. I thought Ballard was a shoo in as well because of familiarity and would have been fine with him,now after researching Pace, it's obvious he has more actually go duties with the saints.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.......I'm probably the least homerish person you will see on here....... the problem is not the "brass".

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree.

I'm sure Hitler didn't think of himself as evil either. :D

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think Hitler knew he was evil.........and he was right

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think Hitler knew he was evil.........and he was right

Oh gees... I'm not getting into this debate, but you are very wrong. Hitler always talked about the common good. He actually thought he was doing good things. I'm starting to feel like you disagree with me on everything just for fun.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitler knew what he wanted and to get it he would have to do evil things......lol I cold just imagine the conversation before invading Poland...." we will just go I there and nicely kill all we have to for us to take over this country......and I mean it....nicely, say please and thank you or you'll get a spanking"