• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braves built for regular season, perhaps not postseason

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know ppl will say this is a different generation of Braves, but I have seen enough bases loaded, no outs, no runs scored in the postseason to remain skeptical.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reads like another awful ESPN article hating on a team they don't like. Everyone knows they have been blowing the Dodgers the last two months, so it doesn't surprise me that they wrote some negative article about a team that had the best record in MLB when it was written.

Let's remember something: they also said the Giants were not going to do anything last year either, and what happened? The Giants won it all. That's ESPN for you.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reads like another awful ESPN article hating on a team they don't like. Everyone knows they have been blowing the Dodgers the last two months, so it doesn't surprise me that they wrote some negative article about a team that had the best record in MLB when it was written.

Let's remember something: they also said the Giants were not going to do anything last year either, and what happened? The Giants won it all. That's ESPN for you.

Yea, but atl has lived up to the billing. It got to a point in the postseason (around 2005) where I expected atl to fail, you get used to it at a point, so I sort of agree with the author. You'll be facing the 1-3 starters, especially in a short series. Havent faired well since 2001 against Houston

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like every Braves fan doesn't realize we choke every year:L
This isn't news. Just gotta believe we'll win it soon

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically enough, ESPN just posted an Insider article today saying the Braves are flirting with making another dynasty. They're pretty bipolar about us, it seems.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically enough, ESPN just posted an Insider article today saying the Braves are flirting with making another dynasty. They're pretty bipolar about us, it seems.

We seem to always go up against hot pitching that first series. Probably will be the same this yr

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know ppl will say this is a different generation of Braves, but I have seen enough bases loaded, no outs, no runs scored in the postseason to remain skeptical.

felt the same way and then they had to go and have that win streak to get my hopes up...im not holding my breath until the last out of fourth game win of the world series.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they're not going to win the World Series. It's the Braves. Did you not watch them the last 20 years? :(

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they're not going to win the World Series. It's the Braves. Did you not watch them the last 20 years? :(

Well, we did win one, lol. So I guess it's not impossible for an Atlanta team to not choke *hint, hint, Falcons*.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D looked terrible last night. When LA scored first, that bad feeling got even worse. Must win tonight or this series is over.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree though that the braves are not built for the playoffs... I am not going to read the article because i dont want to support ESPN as long as you have to pay to read anything good...

But the biggest 3 reasons i dont think theya re a playoff team:
1. THey do not have a true ace:
2. THey strike out way too much
3. They have too many low average high HR guys... This is where the yankees went wrong for so long, now that we are in the playoffs the pitching will be much better so that will decrease the HRs and worsen the BA... Makes it very hard to score...

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree though that the braves are not built for the playoffs... I am not going to read the article because i dont want to support ESPN as long as you have to pay to read anything good...

3. They have too many low average high HR guys... This is where the yankees went wrong for so long, now that we are in the playoffs the pitching will be much better so that will decrease the HRs and worsen the BA... Makes it very hard to score...

Which is why I miss Tim Hudson. He wasn't having a great year but if healthy I believe he starts that game and doesn't give up 5 runs.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you can only muster one run, then you can have Maddux or Glavine and it wouldn't matter. Result would be the same.