• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braun Suspended for the Rest of the Season

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move for him to accept the penalty this year. the Brewers are going nowhere, so better the take it now and the team can start next year completely fresh.

Not like the situation we were in last year with Melky. Imagine what we could have done last year had we had him. All the wasted opportunities :(

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this morning that it was "a deal" between the two. Braun agreed to not appeal, and MLB agreed that it would be for just "the rest of the season" instead of a full 100 days. Just like DAs deal with accused to "aggravated assault with intent" (7-10 years) instead of "manslaughter" (10-15 years).

{I made those numbers up BTW, I am no expert on criminal law.}

I think that MLB wanted to get the equivalent of "a conviction" (punishment) without the risk of losing. Also, this may start an avalanche of deals as MLB can take the position with the players "hey, you know we'll deal. BUT the deal will be for a MINIMUM of 65 days suspended, and that's for the ones we have the least evidence on, like Braun." (I'm not saying it's true, but they can now play hardball, so to speak.)

Also, my cynical side showing here :
1) the Brewers were going nowhere this season, they are in the toilet. Losing Brun makes no difference to them and actually helps them as he is suspended without pay, so they are saving 3-4 million in pay in a crap year.
2) Braun gets a pay raise next year, so taking the suspension this year instead of next year (all 100 games) saves Braun several million.
3) Bud loves the Brewers (the team he used to own).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how his Brewers' teammates will react to him returning after he blatantly lied to all of them.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect they will welcome him with open arms the next time he launches a 3 run bomb into the FisherPrice ballpark seats.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect they will welcome him with open arms the next time he launches a 3 run bomb into the FisherPrice ballpark seats.

Don't be so sure, these guys are human beings. Who likes to be lied to?
Would Melky be welcome back with us, even a productive Melky? Maybe so but it's not cut and dried.

Here's Aaron Rodgers, looking bad for defending Braun last year...

Brewers' Ryan Braun puts Packers' Aaron Rodgers in tough spot - ESPN

I bet Aaron is really pissed off he was duped.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so sure, these guys are human beings. Who likes to be lied to?
Would Melky be welcome back with us, even a productive Melky? Maybe so but it's not cut and dried.

Here's Aaron Rodgers, looking bad for defending Braun last year...

Brewers' Ryan Braun puts Packers' Aaron Rodgers in tough spot - ESPN

I bet Aaron is really pissed off he was duped.

Don't you think most if not all of his Brewer teammates knew he cheated and got off on a technicality?

I'm pretty sure Melkys current teammates don't give a crap about his suspension.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude needs to get drilled as soon as he steps back in the batters box. What a embarrasment to himself and the league. He made Aaron Rodgers look like a damn fool. The league needs to start voiding the contracts of these cheaters. Braun is still set to make over 100 million on this current contract. Bad message to send to kids especially in High School who see these guys get away with big money in their pockets.

Good luck Brewers trying to market Braun who lied his ass off. Nice jersey sales. They should make him wear one of polish sausage costumes every day with tons of mustard slopped over it. On second thought that would be disrespectful to the people who actually have to run that race.

I keep hearing what Bud Selig has done for the game by some of these sorry ass reporters with no ballz. Yeah he made a lot of freaking money for the owners but he is responsible for letting all this PED s#it go on and on and on. Bud is a disgrace, has not done enough for the inner city programs, and has let down the players and the fans all over the country. He needs to be replaced yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude needs to get drilled as soon as he steps back in the batters box. What a embarrasment to himself and the league. He made Aaron Rodgers look like a damn fool. The league needs to start voiding the contracts of these cheaters. Braun is still set to make over 100 million on this current contract. Bad message to send to kids especially in High School who see these guys get away with big money in their pockets.

Good luck Brewers trying to market Braun who lied his ass off. Nice jersey sales. They should make him wear one of polish sausage costumes every day with tons of mustard slopped over it. On second thought that would be disrespectful to the people who actually have to run that race.

I keep hearing what Bud Selig has done for the game by some of these sorry ass reporters with no ballz. Yeah he made a lot of freaking money for the owners but he is responsible for letting all this PED s#it go on and on and on. Bud is a disgrace, has not done enough for the inner city programs, and has let down the players and the fans all over the country. He needs to be replaced yesterday.

This will all be mostly forgotten as soon as he starts launching HRs. Tempest in a teapot and the sports public is fatigued of the PED issue.

Move along, nothing to see here.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think most if not all of his Brewer teammates knew he cheated and got off on a technicality?

I'm pretty sure Melkys current teammates don't give a crap about his suspension.

FWIW:

Granted, Passan has nothing to do with the Brewers. He's just a yahoo writer and who knows where he got this info. It's not like the Brewers equivalent of Baggarly who is saying this.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun put up such a stink on his positive test that it comes down harder. Look at the hatred for Bonds, ARod, Palmeiro, McGwire, etc compared to the relative ho-hum for Giambi. The difference is that Giambi threw his hands up and said "Oops, you caught me" and we all moved forward.

Will he return to the Brewers and will the players accept him back? 100% yes. But I believe that they are pissed right now and don't want to see him at the moment.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW:

Granted, Passan has nothing to do with the Brewers. He's just a yahoo writer and who knows where he got this info. It's not like the Brewers equivalent of Baggarly who is saying this.

Yes, because Baggs in INSIDE - way, way inside (the Giants colon). :rollseyes:

Sorry, couldn't resist (I hate those commercials).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because Baggs in INSIDE - way, way inside (the Giants colon). :rollseyes:

Sorry, couldn't resist (I hate those commercials).

I had no idea what you were referring to until you mentioned the commercials. Maybe there is a benefit to not living in the area...

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was another one with Ray Ratto's mustache that was just disgusting.