• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Quinn and Austin Davis signed

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two unispiring choices, writes NFL.com's Chris Wesseling: ' The Rams could have taken a chance on Vince Young or Tim Tebow, each of whom has proven capable of winning games at the NFL level. It's hard to blame coach Jeff Fisher for ruling out a return bout with Young's soap opera. Tebow was discussed internally, but was ostensibly shot down as a legitimate candidate because no NFL team is willing to welcome the circus to town. St. Louis fans will instead be subjected to Quinn, quickly becoming the patron saint of lost seasons. He and Clemens have combined for an 8-24 (25 percent) career record compared with 39-25 (60.9 percent) for Two unispiring choices, writes NFL.com's Chris Wesseling: ' The Rams could have taken a chance on Vince Young or Tim Tebow, each of whom has proven capable of winning games at the NFL level. It's hard to blame coach Jeff Fisher for ruling out a return bout with Young's soap opera. Tebow was discussed internally, but was ostensibly shot down as a legitimate candidate because no NFL team is willing to welcome the circus to town. St. Louis fans will instead be subjected to Quinn, quickly becoming the patron saint of lost seasons. He and Clemens have combined for an 8-24 (25 percent) career record compared with 39-25 (60.9 percent) for Young and Tebow. '
Young and Tebow. '

What Circus???
I think Tebow has or had a strong desire to win and when he played in Denver he did just that. I think the Rams predicting a circus is just an excuse. They don't want an open Christian as the leader of their team. Just ask Warner...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams could have had Young with a 74.4 or Tebow with a 75.4 rating and both with winning records.
I guess winning this season is not on the brilliant minds in the Rams FO. OH well...

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Circus???
I think Tebow has or had a strong desire to win and when he played in Denver he did just that. I think the Rams predicting a circus is just an excuse. They don't want an open Christian as the leader of their team. Just ask Warner...

Dude, did that seriously come off your fingers and on to the page? Warner was VERY injured when we let him go. He had missed half of 2002 and all of 2003 before he was let go. Obviously a choice needed to be made. Nothing to do with his faith. BTW, Linehan was and is a devout Christian as is Spags. In addition, Orlando Pace was a DEACON at his church while playing with Warner. And Fisher is very involved in his church in Clayton as well.. Come on, that statement is just silly. The fact that the Rams did not look at Tebow has everything to do with his play on the field and ZERO to do with his faith.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Circus???

Dude, did that seriously come off your fingers and on to the page? Warner was VERY injured when we let him go. He had missed half of 2002 and all of 2003 before he was let go. Obviously a choice needed to be made. Nothing to do with his faith. BTW, Linehan was and is a devout Christian as is Spags. In addition, Orlando Pace was a DEACON at his church while playing with Warner. And Fisher is very involved in his church in Clayton as well.. Come on, that statement is just silly. The fact that the Rams did not look at Tebow has everything to do with his play on the field and ZERO to do with his faith.

Ksu... I was only half way serious...but I do remember Kurt having trouble with certain players in the locker room towards the end of his Rams tenure supposedly because of his devout christian beliefs. Kurt was indeed injured at the time the Rams released him but it was not a career ending injury. I think he went on to have a far better career than Bulger. I do think Tebow would fill more seats than Quinn.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Rambunctious I get it...sorry I did not see the humor! MY BAD!!

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that no matter who they picked up or could have picked up really aren't going to make a difference. There was a reason that all of the names mentioned were sitting at home in week 8 of the NFL season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shopson, I am not reaching here as you missed the point of Fisher's "favortism" as I referred to it in the original post. Fisher's brand of favortism is selecting and then keeping a guy who has had some violation or deficit of sorts. All of the above had some off-the-field issues or playing ability deficit(such as Quick-who was a raw reach project type because we whiffed on better players to take him when we could have esaily taken a better player and picked him up later) and in Pead's case he got a suspension for a violation for substance abuse policy just like Dunbar. Do you understand the context of the post now?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shopson, I am not reaching here as you missed the point of Fisher's "favortism" as I referred to it in the original post. Fisher's brand of favortism is selecting and then keeping a guy who has had some violation or deficit of sorts. All of the above had some off-the-field issues or playing ability deficit(such as Quick-who was a raw reach project type because we whiffed on better players to take him when we could have esaily taken a better player and picked him up later) and in Pead's case he got a suspension for a violation for substance abuse policy just like Dunbar. Do you understand the context of the post now?

I understood your context the first time; I just don't agree with it. Pead has been a wasted pick, whether by lack of talent or lack of a chance to play doesn't really matter at this point. I still expect him to catch on somewhere if he's let go and play well. The plan all along was to take things slow with Quick because they see something special there. Exactly what WR did they whiff on by taking Quick?

Stephen Hill - plenty of PT with the Jets, not amounting to much
Alshon Jeffrey - playing very well, but was an off-the-field concern coming into the draft
Ryan Broyles - can't get on the field for the Lions, even after recovering from his second serious injury
Reuben Randle - playing decently for the Giants, but also causing INTs for Eli by not knowing the offense well enough

Regardless, both guys have only been on the roster for a year and a half; exactly how quickly do you expect an NFL team to dump 2nd round picks? Especially a team hurting for talent? THAT's where I think your reaching a little; I don't think any team would dump 2nd round picks midway through their 2nd season without a major incident occurring.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffrey was the guy we whiffed on to pick Quick. We traded that pick to Chicago to trade to take Quick. Jeffrey is having a great year! And if off the field issues is your criteria for not selecting the guy, then why did we take Janoris Jenkins or pick-up Jo-Lunn Dunbar who both had questionable issues? What planet do you live on?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffrey was the guy we whiffed on to pick Quick. We traded that pick to Chicago to trade to take Quick. Jeffrey is having a great year! And if off the field issues is your criteria for not selecting the guy, then why did we take Janoris Jenkins or pick-up Jo-Lunn Dunbar who both had questionable issues? What planet do you live on?

You can't draft ALL the issues guys without becoming the Raiders though. Plus, the Rams don't have Brandon Marshall to take all the double teams away from Jeffrey, along with a real threat at RB like Forte. That production isn't in a vacuum.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shopson.... When B Marshall left the game with an injury a few weeks back, did you see Alshon's 200 yards receiving? Have you ever seen this guy play? He's a beast and catches balls 1handed for fun.

All I have ever read from you are excuses after excuses man. Alshon can catch the ball! do you think Quick is a better route runner? Faster? No no and no. Blah blah and blah. You really think Alshon couldn't do a better job than Quick? You think Alshon's 200 yard day receiving was because B Marsh was taking a double team from the sideline? Please

I'm calling :bullshit:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw Alshon was in his early 20s coming off his sophomore year where he out performed Julio jones. He then went into his junior year with a QB that got busted for weed for the 7th time and get booted from them team. In comes the back up QB who was terrible and Alshon saw triple coverage and his stats dwindled, along with his draft status.

Funny how you can give Bradford numerous chances, but you label a young WR a problem child because of his struggles.

So forgive a 21 year for smoking some cheeba and gaining weight. I smoked some weed in college too, but it didn't make me a walking time bomb. It happens to young, frustrated and talented players.

You would have been pissed too and we all handle it different.

However, the talent was there and is still there. Sure B Marsh is Chicago' s #1 target. But if he goes down Alshon has proven he can go off and I guarant-fucking-tee you Alshon would have caught those passes intended for Quick and made it look badass.

That boys' hands are sick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw Alshon was in his early 20s coming off his sophomore year where he out performed Julio jones. He then went into his junior year with a QB that got busted for weed for the 7th time and get booted from them team. In comes the back up QB who was terrible and Alshon saw triple coverage and his stats dwindled, along with his draft status.

Funny how you can give Bradford numerous chances, but you label a young WR a problem child because of his struggles.

So forgive a 21 year for smoking some cheeba and gaining weight. I smoked some weed in college too, but it didn't make me a walking time bomb. It happens to young, frustrated and talented players.

You would have been pissed too and we all handle it different.

However, the talent was there and is still there. Sure B Marsh is Chicago' s #1 target. But if he goes down Alshon has proven he can go off and I guarant-fucking-tee you Alshon would have caught those passes intended for Quick and made it look badass.

That boys' hands are sick.

I never said Alshon wasn't good, or better than Quick. I did say that his impressive numbers wouldn't necessarily translate to the Rams, as their situation is vastly different from Chicago's. Chicago has a veteran gunslinging QB, a pro bowl RB and a pro bowl #1 WR; the Rams have none of those. I simply suggested what I thought might be the reason why the Rams picked Quick over him. I doubt they wanted to draft an excess of players with violations in their past.

Bradford is on the roster and not going anywhere. I'm not the one giving him numerous chances, I'm just resolved to the fact that he's the Rams' QB for the foreseeable future (unless he doesn't recover well from this injury). You seem to enjoy blasting him at every turn; I just don't see the point in it when he's not going anywhere.

Personally, I could care less if these guys smoke weed. We would have something in common then! :suds:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, you mean you are not a walking time bomb? I am confused, I thought all Rams fans were walking time bombs.:noidea:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am unless I have a QB that can move out of the pocket. :hope: