• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford Off to Career-Best Start

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the problem with this article, they blatantly list wrong stats to make a point! :omg:

Take the 24 fumbles they attribute to Sam as turnovers. Sam had 1 this year and 1 last year.

So they want me to believe that Sam alone had 22 fumbles lost in his 26 games in 2010 & 2011 when the entire Rams roster had 19 fumbles lost in 32 games?:laugh3:
Someone doesn't know what the hell they are doing, calling fumbled snaps that hit the ground that Sam picked up turnovers.:laugh3:

Zeke you should really stop reading that rag man, or at least stop posting their articles.

If their facts suck ass, how can we trust that their takes don't suck too? I wont even touch that one!

Note: [/
Sam Bradford, 2013 Fumbles lost CBSSports
Sam Bradford, 2012 Fumbles lost CBSSports
Rams 2011 Fumbles lost NFL Stats

Rams 2010 Fumbles lost NFL Stats

Actually Sammie did fumble 24 times, he only lost 10 of them. Yet every time you fumble you are losing yardage and it's a wasted down, that may be the point they are making, or not

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Sammie having his best year ever so far, that is true. My problem with his stats are that his completion percentage has gone up, well it should, he only throws 5 yard passes. He still is middle of pack in completion percentage, finally over 60%, but there are 4 QB's over 70%, and mid 60's% is now the norm, where as it use to be 60% was good.

I'm glad he was throwing TD's, but he is getting Brett Favre(and I didn't like him either) TD's now. Out of his 14 TD's 8 have been 4 yard bombs or less, another 8 yarder, and a 10 yarder. So 4 TD passes over 10 yards this year. Yes Quick should have caught that TD, but Sammie also had two chances from inside the 5 yard line to Cook, that he overthrew both badly. Cook was covered, but at least in that situation especially on fourth down throw it up and give Cook a chance to fight for it. On the other Pettis made a very nice catch, but instead of Sammie throwing it in the corner of the end zone, he lead Pettis out of bounds to the side of the end zone.

His low interception total, I'm good with, but again when the majority of your passes are 5 yards you shouldn't be throwing to many interceptions.

Hey I'm just trying to cover for SJ while he is on Sammie bashing hiatus! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse after excuse after excuse. You Bradford sympathizers have more excuses than a volleyball had fingerprints. Stats don't mean as much as you think. Bradford is NOT a leader! He does NOTHING to make the players around him better. He is NOT a good decision maker under pressure. As a matter of fact he makes BAD decisions on the field frequently. You can see it in his eyes often in games....he isn't really sure what to do in situations. And a lot of his "great" stats this year have come at garbage time when the game is well out of hand and the other team is playing their defense looser. Everybody, including the organization just continue to support Bradford....all your doing is dooming the franchise to another 10 years of mediocrity. I remember my father waiting all his life to see the Rams win the Super Bowl. They finally won 3 years before he died. I wonder if that is now going to be the case for me to see them win another one.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for Sam because he's our QB and want him to do well but we still have not seen the consistency. This injury came at the perfect time for him. He finished with his highest rating and best TD/INT ratio. He's bound for that extension but we will never know how he would have finished the season.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you spend 70 mil on something you really,really,really,really want it to workout.:nod:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam's injury is actually the best thing that could happen for the Bradford supporters. They have yet another built-in excuse for him. Again, we're left with the question "What would he have done if he'd finished the season, we have to give him another year" And that's my point, he could burn the stadium down playing with matches and there would still be the crowd that says "Give him another year--it's the OC's fault, it's the OL's fault, it's the WR's fault....it's the President of the US's fault that Bradford can't reach an elite level.

Yes, believe it or not I root for Bradford to be great too, because I'm a Rams fan as well as everybody else. But at some point you have to just resign yourself to what you see and be realistic/objective.

There were fans that made arguments for Trent Dilfer when the Ravens won the SB in 2000. But all those with an objective viewpoint could see he was not, nor was he ever going to be what you need in an NFL QB. The same applies to Bradford. He'll never be anything but mediocre. That's just the way it is. Accept it or continue to delude yourself because you don't want to face reality. The sooner management realizes it the sooner we can move on and improve.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well BOSS429Mustang. That is just the point you are making. As of yesterday, Fisher and management are going with Sammie because Fisher stated unequivocally that Sammie will be back in 2014 and they'll probably pick up his option year. So unless Fisher bolts or is fired and another coach comes in makes changes, we are relegated to 10 more years of mediocrity because the FO has stated that Sammie is their guy.