• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brad Stuart Heading to the West Coast?

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/11/red_wings_brad_stuart_happy_to.html

The Detroit Red Wings count on defenseman Brad Stuart to be physical, block shots and play strong defensively. He is not relied upon for offense, but he was anxious to get on the score sheet.

He picked up his first points of the season (goal, assist) Saturday.

The timing was right. His wife and kids were in town from San Jose, where they live year-round. Stuart returns home in the offseason.

"The boys keep asking me, 'Hey dad, did you score? Did you score?'" Stuart said. "Now I can say, ;Yes!' They***8217;re almost 5 and 3½, and they***8217;re really getting into (hockey)."

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock also was happy to see Stuart score.

"Stewie finally hit the net," Babcock said. "Stewie puts holes in the rink like nobody I know. He missed the net twice in the first period and finally got his chance and buried it, so good for him."

Stuart is in the final year of his contract. As much as he wants to remain a Red Wing, he also would like to be closer to home. He flies to the West Coast several times during the season, during breaks in the schedule.

"It***8217;s tough, but we do the best that we can," Stuart said. "The boys are the best thing in my life, so it***8217;s real tough to be away from them, but we cherish all of the time that we do have together and it makes it that much more special.

"You just know that eventually things will change and you***8217;ll be able to spend all of your time together. That***8217;s just how you have to look at it."

This article basically says that it's been difficult being away from his family. You have to think that there's a real possibility that he signs with a west coast team next year

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't those teams already had the chance to show him the love we have?

ironically yes. but i think he may be willing to take a paycut to be closer to his family