• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boykin traded!

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something doesn't go a young black mans way and he cries wolf. Just look at all these criminals burning down cities during these riots.With these catch phrases that are flat out lies. You see a pretty white girl gunned down for no reason. You don't see whites burning down a cities and looting from the innocent. The government don't give two shits about her because it doesn't fit the agenda.
you speak in riddles my friend. I do not know what you are talking about.

For me 1 or 2 complaints i can dismiss--like i did initially. But 3-4 is enough for me to raise an eyebrow, especially since we've never seen anything like this before. People have been mad at better coaches and they never said it was race. Hell the Defense said Rich Kotite was a ninny, but they never said he was a racist. I'm not saying Chip wears a white sheet or anything but they say he does have the whitest coaching staff in the league. So maybe he does have a comfort-ability issue with certain people?

And nobody on the active squad can say anything because it would become a self-fulfilling prophecy: A player says something its read as him being outspoken and not a part of the team. Chip reads it as the player doesn't want to be here and he cuts and trades him. And so it goes.

My eyebrow is raised.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....so a player wouldn't say anything out of fear of being traded out of a situation where he thought his coach was racist.

Does not compute, Lester. ....if he was racist, I (as a player) wouldn't care how someone thought it looked.

This trade was only a surprise in the notion that it happened the night before camp.

....and shady, nothing in your previous post made a lick of sense.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....so a player wouldn't say anything out of fear of being traded out of a situation where he thought his coach was racist.

Does not compute, Lester. ....if he was racist, I (as a player) wouldn't care how someone thought it looked.

This trade was only a surprise in the notion that it happened the night before camp.
Money wise it does compute. You dont want a pay cut or risk the uncertainty of one. Besides, folk really seem to like playing in this city.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he had ever intention of having Boykin start in the slot. However Boykin has been making it clear that he it is getting old with not given the opportunity to start on the outside. It is obvious that Chip was not going to put him there so he is going to be given an opportunity with the Steelers. At least he got something in return. Boykin is in the last year of his deal and all things point to him signing somewhere else.

That would make kelly a liar. He said he'd give him a chance to earn the cb position. No wonder he's pissed.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something doesn't go a young black mans way and he cries wolf. Just look at all these criminals burning down cities during these riots.With these catch phrases that are flat out lies. You see a pretty white girl gunned down for no reason. You don't see whites burning down a cities and looting from the innocent. The government don't give two shits about her because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Why is the less talented Riley Cooper still on the team?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he'll do whatever the coach says or get cut. That's valuable for a coach.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he did say that, but when they got a good offer from Pitt, he got something good for BB instead of letting him leave for FA next year. It's a football decision, for Pete's sake.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade is not a surprise and it has nothing to do with race or color - they went out in the draft and drafted a lot of guys to help the secondary and those guys are the same color as well - they like those guys because of their size and they have speed too

Wish him the best going forward, but this move has been clear as day for a while now

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make kelly a liar. He said he'd give him a chance to earn the cb position. No wonder he's pissed.

No it doesn't make him a liar. He probably give him a shot at some time, but got a good offer from Pitt before that happened. Quit trying to psychoanalyze Chip or anyone else, unless you know the facts.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you speak in riddles my friend. I do not know what you are talking about.

For me 1 or 2 complaints i can dismiss--like i did initially. But 3-4 is enough for me to raise an eyebrow, especially since we've never seen anything like this before. People have been mad at better coaches and they never said it was race. Hell the Defense said Rich Kotite was a ninny, but they never said he was a racist. I'm not saying Chip wears a white sheet or anything but they say he does have the whitest coaching staff in the league. So maybe he does have a comfort-ability issue with certain people?

And nobody on the active squad can say anything because it would become a self-fulfilling prophecy: A player says something its read as him being outspoken and not a part of the team. Chip reads it as the player doesn't want to be here and he cuts and trades him. And so it goes.

My eyebrow is raised.

I believe that Boykin clarified his comments, and did not imply Chip is racist. Chip is not normally a warm and fuzzy guy. He is about football 24/7. Boykin is a high character person, and I am told that the reporters "baited" him into asking questions about racism, which later on he answered that question.

So, no need to raise an eyebrow, unless you're fishing.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't make him a liar. He probably give him a shot at some time, but got a good offer from Pitt before that happened. Quit trying to psychoanalyze Chip or anyone else, unless you know the facts.

You should probably just concentrate on knitting.

Boykin wants chance at starting CB job for Eagles | Sports - KCCI Home

Two months ago, Kelly told reporters that Boykin would get an opportunity to compete for one of the two outside starting jobs this season. But he hasn't taken a single snap yet with the No. 1 defense in the first two weeks of OTAs.

Kelly would indeed be a liar.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he'll do whatever the coach says or get cut. That's valuable for a coach.

I think that applies to everyone on the roster. Time will tell how that all works out.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so much for that. Seems like a story the media was trying to push. Boykin got caught and then backtracked on the racist angle. More to do with his feelings being hurt and not being coddled by Chip. You have a job to do really who cares if you are bff's with your coach. He has much more important things to worry about imo than stroking the egos of needy players.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'ver never seen another situation like this in 27 years of football.

Mikey Miss has a interesting hypothesis, that Chip is just a social weirdo and it's misread by some of the black players on the team. I could buy that as plausible. Even still, he better win!

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fucking sick of this race bullshit. If Chip was racist, he would have to be pretty fucking stupid to be an NFL coach. I don't see the percentage of shite players going up since he is here.

And yes, the media has made it so easy for a black guy to toss out the race card (usually on the way out the door).

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'ver never seen another situation like this in 27 years of football.

Mikey Miss has a interesting hypothesis, that Chip is just a social weirdo and it's misread by some of the black players on the team. I could buy that as plausible. Even still, he better win!

He's a different kind of guy. He values his privacy and he's about the business of winning.

I remember the thread we started wondering whether or not he was gay; just to find out he'd already been married once. Between his awkwardness and the Cooper situation, I can see why he's misunderstood. He's not committing any crimes against humanity by being weird..

Thankfully, the season is upon us and we can get on with just the games themselves.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Kelly did try to trade Cooper straight up for Dez
Seemed like a good trade to me although Dallas probably should have thrown in a draft pick or 2

Dallas declined the trade...go figure

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What color are the players we drafted to take Boykin's place? I may not like all of Chip's decisions, but you can't be a racist and coach football ... What Chip has an issue with imo is the "watch me" type players or players who still act like they're in college as opposed to grown men.

Boykin's playing time went down a good deal last year and he's in the final year of his contract. If we end up with a 4th I'm fine with the trade. If not, it means that Chip was right about him being very replaceable.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you Rey.

Chip is the type of coach the Eagles have needed for a while. He is a control freak not the type of coach that coddles his prima dona players. It is his way or the highway and most championship teams have that kind of coach at the helm.