• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bottled the first wine today

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottled the exotic fruit white zinfandel this morning. Has a nice fruit nose and smooth finish and not dry at all. Considering that the majority of these will be used for Christmas presents with a target audience of women, I'm sure it will go over quite well. Lacks the sophistication of a good Cabernet, but the majority of the recipients drink wines like Arbor Mist, they should really enjoy this. Would like to see how it tastes after aging a few months.

All and all, not bad for a $60 kit in which you can get 30 bottles out of it. I have a Shiraz that I'll probably start in the next week or so and after that, I'll probably up the ante for a more expensive kit for my own personal consumption. Probably a Pinot Grigio or Cabernet.

Attachments

• Sanatizing.JPG
    Sanatizing.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Sanatized.jpg
    Sanatized.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Ready to be bottled.jpg
    Ready to be bottled.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Corked.JPG
    Corked.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Reward.JPG
    Reward.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 20

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lookin good Cobra. I'm not a big wine guy but my brother's and some friends' homebrewed stuff has turned out to be pretty good it seems. A friend that I work with makes his own (straight from his own grapes) and it is REALLY good. Seems like if you bought grapes in bulk it would be still be way too expensive...in case of not having your own kits seem to be much more economical and quite good tasting..