• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bonehead penalties and turnovers!

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at every team left on GB's schedule, it's safe to say that nearly every week the Pack will be tested - moreso this year than any recent year that I can remember. There's barely a team on the schedule that looks like a cakewalk, and yes, even with "cake-walk" teams there's still the ol' "any given Sunday" rule.

That being said, I think GB could very easily finish out the season on top of the division - IF, IF, IF, we limit bonehead penalties and turnovers. You have to admit, last Sunday, GB's two turnovers and a few bonehead penalties cost GB the game. Even with key players missing from the defense, GB still almost won this game. The Matthews hit on Kaep was a major bummer that only served to fire up the niners and their fans. Clay will move on from this and we will be fine, IF.....GB limits its bonehead mistakes and creates more turnovers than they give up each week. Thoughts?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GB is capable of beating every single team on its schedule with a few bonehead plays and penalties like this past Sunday. It will make it more difficult, but the 9er's are about as complete of a team as we'll ever see. we can't make those mistakes against a team like that.

Against most any other team in the league? I think we're good enough to overcome a few mistakes and still beat them. That said, I'd rather see those mistakes disappear and we'll be blowing some people out.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. Well said. I have nothing to add really.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GB is capable of beating every single team on its schedule with a few bonehead plays and penalties like this past Sunday. It will make it more difficult, but the 9er's are about as complete of a team as we'll ever see. we can't make those mistakes against a team like that.

Against most any other team in the league? I think we're good enough to overcome a few mistakes and still beat them. That said, I'd rather see those mistakes disappear and we'll be blowing some people out.

Fair enough, Mondio. I, however, am not as confident as you that we can and will perservere against good teams WITH bonehead penalties and turnovers. There's so much parity in this league right now, that in many cases, turnovers and penalties ARE the difference in a game.

Time will tell. The first game was a great example of how every phase of the game is important, including special teams.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens had the most penalty yards per game last year and won the SB, and they are headed down the same path this year. While they hurt a team, i still believe a good team like the Packera and Ravens can overcome them.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at every team left on GB's schedule, it's safe to say that nearly every week the Pack will be tested - moreso this year than any recent year that I can remember. There's barely a team on the schedule that looks like a cakewalk, and yes, even with "cake-walk" teams there's still the ol' "any given Sunday" rule.

Can only really evaluate how difficult schedule is at end of season... teams change year to year.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can only really evaluate how difficult schedule is at end of season... teams change year to year.

Of course. Nobody disputes this. That's as obvious as it gets. Regardless, it still doesn't change the fact that shooting yourself in the foot, ala bonehead plays, isn't wise when most of the football world views your schedule as abnormally difficult.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other teams could also make boneheaded mistakes. Happens to everyone. I still feel confident we can win 11-12 games

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other teams could also make boneheaded mistakes. Happens to everyone. I still feel confident we can win 11-12 games

Right! So in a tight game against a worthy opponent, boneheaded mistakes, or the lack thereof, can be the difference in the game! Need proof? Look no further back than Sunday against the niners!

There's great parity in the league right now - especially with most of the teams GB will face this season. Wouldn't you rather be the team that wins the turnover battle and makes fewer boneheaded mistakes? We gave ten points to the niners last weekend on both of GB's turnovers - 17 points if you count the 7 points the niners got from the offsetting penalties involving Clay. Simply put, in a close game, the niners made fewer mistakes and won.

I'd rather be on the winning end of the boneheaded penalties and turnovers score, because at the end of the game, that might have been the difference. And even if you play a flawless game and still get beat, at least you aren't lamenting boneheaded plays as the result of the loss. Let the other teams make the boneheaded plays and give yourself the best chance to win by not returning the favor!

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens had the most penalty yards per game last year and won the SB, and they are headed down the same path this year.

The ravens are headed down the same path this year? :laugh3: