• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bolts beat Stars 5-1

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars vs. Tampa Bay Highlights 9.30.14 Video - NHL VideoCenter - Tampa Bay Lightning

Another good win and goals coming from the youth whilst Bish was solid in goal.

This is what I think the Lightning team will look like come opening day as well as predicted lines:

(13) Forwards

Palat-Stamkos-Callahan
Killorn-Filppula-Kucherov
Brown-Johnson-Connolly
Morrow-Boyle-Panik

Paquette

(8) Defenseman

Hedman-Stralman
Garrison-Carle
Brewer-Gudas

Barberio
Witkowski

(2) Goaltenders

Ben Bishop
Evgeni Nabokov

No Drouin, I think he will make the team but will be put on I.R and when ready Paquette will be sent down in his place. I think Drouin will join Johnson's line instead of Brown and then Brown taking Panik's spot on the 4th line.

I have Witkowski making the team over Sustr. This is a bit of surprise but Sustr needs more game time in the AHL. Witkowski is only 24 but has played 79 games in Syracuse after turning pro from Western Michigan. Witkowski has impressed in game and plays a solid defensive reliable game with an physical edge as in those 79 games Witkowski has earned 208 Penalty Minutes. I just think he's a Cooper sort of guy and with a lack of physical presence on the team already, I think that gives Witkowski and edge to make the team although I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars vs. Tampa Bay Highlights 9.30.14 Video - NHL VideoCenter - Tampa Bay Lightning

Another good win and goals coming from the youth whilst Bish was solid in goal.

This is what I think the Lightning team will look like come opening day as well as predicted lines:

(13) Forwards

Palat-Stamkos-Callahan
Killorn-Filppula-Kucherov
Brown-Johnson-Connolly
Morrow-Boyle-Panik

Paquette

(8) Defenseman

Hedman-Stralman
Garrison-Carle
Brewer-Gudas

Barberio
Witkowski

(2) Goaltenders

Ben Bishop
Evgeni Nabokov

No Drouin, I think he will make the team but will be put on I.R and when ready Paquette will be sent down in his place. I think Drouin will join Johnson's line instead of Brown and then Brown taking Panik's spot on the 4th line.

I have Witkowski making the team over Sustr. This is a bit of surprise but Sustr needs more game time in the AHL. Witkowski is only 24 but has played 79 games in Syracuse after turning pro from Western Michigan. Witkowski has impressed in game and plays a solid defensive reliable game with an physical edge as in those 79 games Witkowski has earned 208 Penalty Minutes. I just think he's a Cooper sort of guy and with a lack of physical presence on the team already, I think that gives Witkowski and edge to make the team although I could be wrong.

NHL Tampa Bay Lightning Luke Witkowski Luke Witkowski Fight vs Preds Diaby - YouTube
no way we can put carle on the right side i think garrison plays the right side. drouin is back skating in practice so he may not miss any games or maybe 2 or 3 games.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Paquette's stock seems to be rising. I think he will be a roster regular by the end of the season.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way we can put carle on the right side i think garrison plays the right side. drouin is back skating in practice so he may not miss any games or maybe 2 or 3 games.

I think Carle and Garrison will swap quite a bit although Garrison is better on the right side out of the two but both are more comfortable on the left. As for Drouin, he may only miss a few games but I think he will be in Syracuse doing a conditional stint and when he's 100% healthy, he will be on the team.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carle and Garrison will swap quite a bit although Garrison is better on the right side out of the two but both are more comfortable on the left. As for Drouin, he may only miss a few games but I think he will be in Syracuse doing a conditional stint and when he's 100% healthy, he will be on the team.
Ya i think drouin will get two or 3 games with the crunch then comes up I'm not sure of the injury rules ?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya i think drouin will get two or 3 games with the crunch then comes up I'm not sure of the injury rules ?

I'm not sure Drouin can play in the AHL, he can only play in the Q or in the NHL but can have a conditioning stint in Syracuse.