• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bleeding Laker Purple and Gold

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither, Outlaw.

I have a trip to Boston planned this year to see USC play Boston College and I'll be wearing either USC or Laker gear the whole time. Can't wait to get into it with those chowdah heads!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither, Outlaw.

I have a trip to Boston planned this year to see USC play Boston College and I'll be wearing either USC or Laker gear the whole time. Can't wait to get into it with those chowdah heads!

Sounds like an awesome trip!! You'll have a blast, I'm sure!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. I just bought a Lakers t-shirt yesterday which has a graphic on it similar to my avi!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to settle for the Suns being my 2nd favorite team!!

Holy shit! So you and WCF do have something in common...............lol! Just kidding.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda cool how long some of you guys have been fans! About 35-40 years for me and I don't even come close to the top.
Sam

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late 60's here boys!

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My family moved to LA in 1987, when I was 7. I remember liking a lot of teams growing up through the 90's, the Bulls, the Suns, the Hornets, and the Lakers mostly. My dad was always a Lakers fan, even though he grew up on a tobacco farm in NC and had to watch the games on delay, so I got a lot of instruction on KAJ coming up. I think that stuck with me. I officially became a Lakers "fan," and I do not use that term lightly at all, in 1996 when Shaq came to town and I saw him walking down the street in Manhattan Beach. I told him, "We love you, welcome to Los Angeles," and that was it for me. I've probably missed less than 20 total games since.

So I'm only working on my 17th year now, but they've been 17 real deal years, and my colors don't run.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 11 when the family emigrated to Cali from Italy in '73. Went to Forum next year to watch first game sitting last row in the Colonnade section. Kareem and the others looked like ants from my seat and been hooked ever since. Was in Boston for business in '85 during Finals waiving my Lakers rally towel - only Lakers fan in a Boston bar. Got through it and smiled all the way back to LA after we won game 5. Never ever did I consider jumping ship especially during the '90's Bulls run.
Purple and Gold forever!!

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great to see this thread bringing out the passion in real Laker fans. Let's hope some good decisions are made for next season and we all get to be happier Laker fans.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outlaw: You stated you don't hide your Lakers gear. Sort of like your Avi who does not hide her tit either. lol.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. It's Jennifer Lawrence <3

And it seems as though I'm the young cat in the group! I'm 20 and been a Laker fan since 2000, nothing compared to you guys but I cheer just as hard. Having said that, it should become obvious why I believe so much in Kobe, he's the greatest player I've gotten a chance to see. I didn't have Bird, Magic, MJ, Kareem etc. I had Kobe.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, your basketball choice for loyalty based on Kobe is legit. Older dudes like myself went through that as well. I was young enough to watch George Mikan but I was totally hooked when the Lakers secured Wilt Chamberlain with that headb and and those linebacker pads he use to wear on his hands for swatting away shots night-in and night-out. The finger roll and the thundering sunk were awesome. And I know you saw similar awesomeness as we all witnessed that sealed the deal for you with some of Kobe's performances.

Jenn Lawrence huh? Maximum boobage exposure I guess!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just to clear things up I'm not strictly a Kobe fan, I'm strictly a Los Angeles fan. I just mean when people look back to the days of Showtime with bliss, that was Shaq and Kobe for me when I was a kid. So there is a bit of a rose tint that goes along with that.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone here is jumping ship. Like Retro, I've been a Lakers fan since the beginning of the 1960's. Believe it or not, there have been a few "clunker" Lakers teams along the way, but that has never been a reason to jump ship.

We are a very spoiled group of fans with the tremendous success our team has had. Even with everything that happened this season our team still made the playoffs. That is pretty remarkable and shows that even a "wounded" Lakers team is better than most.

The Lakers will be back. Maybe not immediately, but the Lakers are the most committed team in the NBA.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Older dudes like myself went through that as well. I was young enough to watch George Mikan but I was totally hooked when the Lakers secured Wilt Chamberlain with that headb and and those linebacker pads he use to wear on his hands for swatting away shots night-in and night-out. The finger roll and the thundering sunk were awesome.

Must have been a real treat! All I can do is watch youtube vids haha.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Outlaw it really was. And Silas, Damn straight dude!!! I like being spoiled celebrating championships. I had to sit through all of those championships the Celtics won from us every year with Russell and Cousey and then Havelichek and Don Nelson. I absolutely hated getting beat by them every freakin' year or so it seemed. That was mostly through the late fifties and the sixties. But we eventually caught up with them and we are still one short. So we have to rebuild to take two more and become the league's all-time leader in that department. It chaps my butt that Boston still holds that distinction. But may be before the lights go out the Lakers will rule.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. It's Jennifer Lawrence <3

And it seems as though I'm the young cat in the group! I'm 20 and been a Laker fan since 2000, nothing compared to you guys but I cheer just as hard. Having said that, it should become obvious why I believe so much in Kobe, he's the greatest player I've gotten a chance to see. I didn't have Bird, Magic, MJ, Kareem etc. I had Kobe.

Doesn't make you any less of a Laker fans!! We were all in the same position as you at one point!!

I became a Laker fan in 1970, that team had Wilt, Jerry West and Elgin Baylor!! But Gail "Stumpy" Goodrich was my favorite player!!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither, Outlaw.

i was like that too my last trip up to Oakland to see the Chiefs/Raiders game. everyone was all like "don't wear your gear up there" and i was all like "FUCK THAT"...

REAL fans don't hide. FACT...

CL67