• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bleacher Report Article on drafts

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems like a real stretch of an article. Hell, he was comparing games played between guys drafted 15+ years ago and a group of guys that include players drafted this past year. The Devils drafting between 1989 and 2000 would also be considered one of the greatest 10 year drafting successes ever, so comparing anything to it would be futile.

Everyone already knows it was Parise and Kovy leaving the Devils that destroyed the team anyways.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good article. Shows that there is a lot of blame to be thrown around. We were blessed with lots of success in the 90's and 00's. Clearly, things are different now. I would say that every team goes through it's down years, but look at Detroit. Not as great as they used to be, but still manage to be in the playoffs every year and are still keeping the talent coming in.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the problem is this team is still trying to build a team like the late 90s. from the goalie out.

while its great to have a stud in net its not really needed there are so many quality goalies out available there is actually zero trade market. if the rangers put lundqvist on the market what type of value would they get? a first and a couple prospects thats it! hes the "best" in the nhl you can argue. so targeting a goalie like we did with cory really should be last on the list of priorities. i really think we overpaid big time looking back.

also as i pointed out drafting larrson was the absolute worst thing this team could've done. (IMO)
the devils had drafted already (i believe) gelinas/merrill/severson/urbom/scarlette. then you go and blow a #4 on a euro d man? after getting screwed with jj ted bergfors? noway would i even mention another euro to lou. i would've used that pick on strome or someone on the forward.

throw in keeping the #29 and thats just icing on the cake.

this team could've had a 4/nopick/9/11

instead they got 4/29/none/30

what one would you rather have after missing the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years?

they need to make changes from the top down.

how many coaches have we gone through in the past 10 years? i really can't count off the top of my head 5? 6? yet we still have a shitty playoff record the past 10 years. changing pdb wont change anything he will just be another victim of lou. lou conte pdb have to go in that order

to further express my point quickly. look at the preds from the last few years. solid coach very very solid defense (suter and weber) great goalie in rhinne. average offense and forwards at best. where have they gone? NOWHERE! thats why when they drafted seth jones i shook my head.

you need offense in the nhl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wouldn't have wanted jones on this team anymore then him being on the preds

Last edited by a moderator: