• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills incompetence continues...Stevie Johnson traded?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'll give you Spikes and Williams. No way on the rest.

see what I mean?

You aren't being objective if you think Stevie Johnson for Bryce Brown isn't debatable as a good move. Our #1 WR (granted with injury issues) for a 3rd RB when we already have two elite guys. Yeah, I think that's debatable

Robert Woods was our WR1 last year. (seriously, did you watch any games last year??) Stevie is done, or pretty much done. He can't run down the field, he can't jump, and his hands were never the greatest. Brown will be a great piece in 2015 and beyond, when Freddie (one of our elite guys) will be mid-30's... not to mention a great (cheap) insurance policy) And for all the injury prep talk you spew, you fail to see that here? You are over valuing Stevie Johnson... by a lot!

You might think Levitre is better than Chris Johnson, Doug Legursky or Kraig Urbick, but you'd be wrong. Ask the Titans. And I didn't even mention his surgeries. Knee last year, hip this year. You seriously want to give this average player 50 mill over 6 years?? How do you justify ragging on real GM's?

I agree, Byrd makes our secondary better, but who wants a greedy, selfish asshole commanding more money than he deserves, therefore taking away money to put elsewhere? Maybe some, so maybe I'll concede that this one is debatable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see what I mean?

Robert Woods was our WR1 last year. (seriously, did you watch any games last year??) Stevie is done, or pretty much done. He can't run down the field, he can't jump, and his hands were never the greatest. Brown will be a great piece in 2015 and beyond, when Freddie (one of our elite guys) will be mid-30's... not to mention a great (cheap) insurance policy) And for all the injury prep talk you spew, you fail to see that here? You are over valuing Stevie Johnson... by a lot!

You might think Levitre is better than Chris Johnson, Doug Legursky or Kraig Urbick, but you'd be wrong. Ask the Titans. And I didn't even mention his surgeries. Knee last year, hip this year. You seriously want to give this average player 50 mill over 6 years?? How do you justify ragging on real GM's?

I agree, Byrd makes our secondary better, but who wants a greedy, selfish asshole commanding more money than he deserves, therefore taking away money to put elsewhere? Maybe some, so maybe I'll concede that this one is debatable.

Levitre is DEFINITELY better than Chris Williams (injuries notwithstanding). Williams was barely passable for the Rams last year after struggling for the Bears. This is the second time attempting to recycle this guy. Maybe it works for the Bills, but I'm guessing he'll be replaced sooner than later, if not midseason. I'd rather see the Bills move Hairston inside if Legursky or Urbik can't beat out Johnson. Johnson would be the weak point of a line with 2 potential rookie starters (Glenn, LT winner, Wood, Richardson, Kouandjio). Of course, those rookies have to win their spots as well.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levitre might be better in a vacuum, but not 40 million dollars better! And that's the point. I agree that Williams wasn't a good signing, but at least it wasn't Levitre's contract.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're pointing out your Sammy Watkins debacle call, I get to give this shout out...

Stevie Johnson can't even beat out Quinton Patton for the 3rd WR in SF. Bryce Brown looks better than C.J. Spiller. And our Safeties are just as good (and better because they're cheaper) than Byrd.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way our safeties are better than Byrd. Cheaper never equates to better...it's just cheaper. Doug Marrone is cheaper than Bruce Arians or Pete Carroll, for example...better??

In a bitter, ironic twist...guess who I drafted for my 3rd WR in fantasy? Yeah, Watkins. There wasn't much out there. The rest of the pool was guys that were literally third options on their teams and Watkins is supposed to be a "#1 WR". What a steal, I guess.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. You have Byrd blinders on because he has a few picks. Jairus can't tackle!!! Duke Williams is just as good in coverage, Searcy is miles better a tackler, and Aaron Williams is better all around and can move to nickel corner when needed. So, again, between Byrd and Johnson, I don't know if you even watch the games.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people disagree with your assessment on Byrd. They are NFL experts and GMs so I'll just point to that since I'm sure you respect their opinion more than mine.

I suppose this year will tell if the rest of what you say is accurate. If it is, the Bills should have one of the best secondaries in the league.

I won't lie...I stopped making time to watch every single Bills game a few years ago, but I do catch a majority of them. Maybe the games I missed were the ones where Byrd was a useless bum? I guess I can take pride in that fact that, despite watching less games than most fans, I continue to surpass them with accurate predictions each year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never called him a useless bum! He's a center fielder. That's it. He does not help in run defense and wants more money than Polamalu! !!!!!!!! And you would have given it to him?

And as for fantasy...well, let's just say I will not own Watkins this year and I don't care how far get falls. ...and i'm shocked you did... WR3? 5 maybe, but not 3.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levitre barely hanging onto his job in Tennessee. Like I said, OVER-HYPED AND OVERPRICED!!!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...mwanwhile, Byrd isn't doing anything to help the Saints. Our secondary hasn't skipped a beat.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Houston game just made me feel bad for the Bills. It's the usual...they aren't littered with garbage across the roster, but it's the SAME ISSUE every single year:

1. No QB
2. No #2 WR threat
3. Poor coaching
4. Bone-headed plays here and there that ruin an otherwise solid defensive outing

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woods and Williams are more than capable as WR2&3. I agree with number 1, but that's it. 4 too I guess, but most of those plays are on the QB.

I hope Kyle Williams is okay. Our D suffers the most with his absence.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking over some old threads. Pretty funny stuff. I decided to bump this thread, because it was the most obvious. Johnson for Brown is a great upgrade, especially since Watkins, Woods and Hogan are younger, healthier and better players.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking over some old threads. Pretty funny stuff. I decided to bump this thread, because it was the most obvious. Johnson for Brown is a great upgrade, especially since Watkins, Woods and Hogan are younger, healthier and better players.

And spiller is gone.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown was irrelevant this year. Stevie didn't light it up in SF, but he was more valuable than Brown. At this point, if you are citing Bryce Brown to justify the Watkins debacle, you've already lost.

Is this the thread where someone said Bryce Brown was the "RB of the future" for the Bills? Yeah, not quite.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely in the mix. 3rd down guy at worst. Brown in 2014 wasn't the point.

Watkins and debacle do not go together. I really don't get you. Who cares about the 20th pick? What is your argument?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Stevie looks rejuvenated in SD. Don't like that trade now because it ultimately led to Fred's cutting. (Now I hate Whaley as much as you do Johnson!)

But sought out this thread because of Levitre. TERRIBLE! Gonna get cut by the Titans??? LOL

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you'd come around, lol! Yeah, Whaley is horrible. Levitre...yikes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Stevie looks rejuvenated in SD. Don't like that trade now because it ultimately led to Fred's cutting. (Now I hate Whaley as much as you do Johnson!)

But sought out this thread because of Levitre. TERRIBLE! Gonna get cut by the Titans??? LOL

Levitre was traded to the Falcons for a sixth rounder and a future conditional pick. He should be a better fit in their zone blocking scheme; he never was the mauler that the Titans wanted.