• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills humiliate themselves again

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't call you stupid (sorry if it came off that way)...

just tried to rebut your statement saying the Pats aren't the only problem, but stating we have beaten the Fins and Jets for the most part with TERRIBLE quarterback play over the span you provided. then you totally flipped it by saying who cares about the Jets/Fins when we finish 6-10 and they don't...

I realize our past records. But not seeing any good because of it, is just as bad as "drinking koolaid" as you downers like to say.

that's all man, again, sorry if I came across name calling, just saying your pessimism is blinded.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. I honestly hope you and a lot of the other Bills fans are right and give me a big fat "I told you so" at the end of the year when they are in the playoffs and relevant again.

By then, I'll be too excited to point out that this is the first time I was wrong about them in 10 years :)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran out of steam I guess. When you resort to just calling someone "stupid" you've pretty much lost.

I'd rather be a 6-10 team with Manziel on it than without him. At least the Bills will constantly be in the headlines and another forgettable season will be memorable...even if that is because your QB parties a lot with Justin Bieber.

6-10 is 6-10. I personally would rather do it without that douche, but that's just my opinion.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if preseason is any indicator, it looks like I am 100% right about the Watkins move in the draft. I'm not sure when he's been more invisible on the field...when he's playing or when he's not. Pretty much the same. The guy just doesn't look that good.

Please spare me any predictable arguments that it's not his fault because EJ sucks and they have no QB. I wouldn't argue this...but that's not allowed in the debate about the draft pick. If that's the case...then you don't draft a WR in the first round (much less trade what they did to do it).

BUT...luckily, preseason means nothing. Perhaps Sammy will WOW us all when the real games start and he was just hustlin' us all by being their 6th most impressive looking WR in the practice games.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please spare me any predictable arguments that it's not his fault because EJ sucks and they have no QB. I wouldn't argue this...but that's not allowed in the debate about the draft pick. If that's the case...then you don't draft a WR in the first round (much less trade what they did to do it).

excuse me for a sec, I'm looking for my foot, oh there it is, in my mouth! there, now I can eat this crow.

My first instinct was in agreement with you and I let my optimism get in the way. I love Robert Woods. I wish we had our 1st rounder next year. I wish E.J. reminded me more of Russell Wilson than JaMarcus Russell.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to barge in or anything........ But....... Calvin Johnson didn't have 50 receptions as a rookie. I wouldn't worry too much if Sammy fails to hit that mark in year one.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not the point... E.J. is probably QB #32 if we ranked the NFL starters. Not the position to trade away future 1st round picks for a WR, no matter how good he is, and I assure you it's not Calvin Johnson good. Trade up to get Derek Carr, for example, that would have been a decision to get behind! Wow!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, Im very happy The Lions missed out on the bidding war for Watkins. (He's small, Staff overthrows, we've had dozens of small receivers during his tenure. Plenty currently.). But Manuel doesn't have to be the guy throwing the passes when Sammy starts to shine. CJ had McMahon, Culpepper, Orlovsky and garbage.

I should have used the quote box. Was somewhat responding to Johnson's 50-800 comment from page one.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if preseason is any indicator, it looks like I am 100% right about the Watkins move in the draft. I'm not sure when he's been more invisible on the field...when he's playing or when he's not. Pretty much the same. The guy just doesn't look that good.

BUT...luckily, preseason means nothing. Perhaps Sammy will WOW us all when the real games start and he was just hustlin' us all by being their 6th most impressive looking WR in the practice games.

As far as Sammy it is the preseason and he is a rookie a lot of Rookie WR weren't difference makers their first year. Calvin Johnson Julio Jones Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson all had under 1000 yards receiving their first years.

I still commend the front office for going for it, it may work out it may not the problem with the team is not EJ its Marrone he was a terrible choice to start with and still isn't and should be fired ASAP and far as Whaley he was put in a bad situation.

EJ is not his guy Nix didn't want to leave without a QB in place so he drafts EJ and Whaley is stuck with him and he cant realistically move on after one year. Whaley though other than Williams has improved our OLine our WRs and finally brought in some organization depth which we have never had in the past. If he isn't fired when the new owners come in he can move on from EJ and also improve our LB and TE. Whaley is about the only person in this organization that I trust.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I agree (and always have) that the Marrone hire was stupid. Just like their last 4-5 coaching hires. Bills tradition. They always go half-assed and/or cheap when it comes to coaching.

Whaley does not get a pass for Nix's failures completely. The great thing about Nix is he failed so transparently, that to not address those is also a failure. Knowing EJ isn't (or may not be) the man, Whaley had a duty to bring some depth to the position going into this year. As usual, it's been nothing but a carousel of incompetence where Jeff Tuel inexplicably rises above the cesspool.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EJ is terrible. We can all agree. But I like Marrone. Dude put out a top three rushing offense last year with probably the worst QB situation. I think if we give him time (and a new QB) people would change their tune about him.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I agree (and always have) that the Marrone hire was stupid. Just like their last 4-5 coaching hires. Bills tradition. They always go half-assed and/or cheap when it comes to coaching.

Whaley does not get a pass for Nix's failures completely. The great thing about Nix is he failed so transparently, that to not address those is also a failure. Knowing EJ isn't (or may not be) the man, Whaley had a duty to bring some depth to the position going into this year. As usual, it's been nothing but a carousel of incompetence where Jeff Tuel inexplicably rises above the cesspool.

Based on his play last year Thad Lewis had every right to be the front runner for the backup job. Jeff Tuel showed enough to be a developmental QB. There was no reason to bring in a guy like Orton at the very beginning of the offseason. As far as last year we should have just kept TJax instead of signing Kolb but its too late now.

No GM is going to be perfect as much praise as Seattle get they have had some first round head scatchers and bust FA signings as well. Overall since he has started Whaley I think has done a significant job of improving this team and putting us in a position to where we can win and I hope he gets the chance with a new owner to have more than a couple of years.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually love the Orton signing. He looked good in his spot start a year ago (to at least show he can still play), he's a vet, and you know what you're getting. The rest of these guys are just clowns with their heads up their arses. Jeff Tuel should be in the CFL.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. We needed a veteran presence behind (and maybe soon in front of) Manuel. If anything, to share experiences and to teach growth. Tuel/Lewis should have never been an option this off season.