• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills humiliate themselves again

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the new GM is just as stupid as the others have been. They trade up to get Sammy Watkins! What????

You don't trade up to get a WR when you just traded for a #2 guy in the offseason and Watkins as a #4 pick in the draft? Wow.

No Matthews. No Manziel. I'm just mystified by this team every year. They are, at least, consistent.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But can they demonstrate correct subject-verb agreement?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a weapon but I don't agree with how much you gave up.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With ya this time johnson! Pathetic pick... heard the trade up, thought Mack was coming... would have much preferred to just stay put and pick Ebron! BIG hole in the 1st round next year. I guess Stevie Johnson can pack his bags.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, with Mike Williams coming in and Johnson already on board, they were set pretty well at WR for this coming season. I don't know, unless they feel they can use Johnson as trade bait to get a vet or two for the areas they really need help in.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have Robert Woods who wasn't great last year, but still showed signs that if they were patient, he could develop.

Watkins could be a very good NFL WR, but a First round pick next year AND a third! The third round pick is the most hilarious part. Just the First pick next year alone would still make this trade ridiculous, but that wasn't enough? They had to add another! GM Whaley should be fired ASAP.

Next year they will regret sitting out the first round because, as we all know, they won't have the 32nd pick.

The other pathetic part is why trade up for a stud WR when you don't have a QB to throw him the ball?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
johnson, I'm a Titans fan. I understand your frustration.

That said...

you may very well be dead wrong about this pick.

"Watkins could be a very good NFL WR"

Watkins could be a superstar. Don't think the Pats didn't say ooooh shit when you made this pick. You gave up way too much, no one is going to deny that. But worst-case scenario is you've got a deadly weapon at WR.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have Robert Woods who wasn't great last year, but still showed signs that if they were patient, he could develop.

No need for patience, Woods was our most consistent receiver last year, his rookie season. Great hands, good route runner, and it seemed E.J. liked him the most.

Watkins could be a superstar. Don't think the Pats didn't say ooooh shit when you made this pick. You gave up way too much, no one is going to deny that. But worst-case scenario is you've got a deadly weapon at WR.

We've heard this story before with C.J. Spiller. Dynamic, yes... but we will still go in to the season with an uneven pass rush, and no TE threat (I like Chandler, but he's really a #2 TE).

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammerdown: For this trade to make sense, Watkins HAS to be a superstar of Megatron proportions and MUST make an immediate impact from Week 1. If he catches 50 passes for 850 yards and 7 TDs...that's WAY short of the mark for this absurd trade.

Worst case scenario is we've got a deadly weapon? Nothing could be further from the truth. Worst case scenario this guy produces like a less than mediocre receiver and the Bills squandered their entire 2015 draft for nothing. That's where my $ is...remember the last time the Bills traded up to get their guy? JP Losman.

The trade is horrifying. Don't take that to mean I'm knocking Watkins, but I hope he likes pressure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, with Mike Williams coming in and Johnson already on board, they were set pretty well at WR for this coming season. I don't know, unless they feel they can use Johnson as trade bait to get a vet or two for the areas they really need help in.

Williams is far from a consistent performer to this point in his career, and he'll be making Stevie money starting next season. He'll need a strong season to stay on the roster beyond this year.

Johnson for Bryce Brown further strengthened the RB depth chart, a good idea given Jackson's age.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy will be showing off his endzone steps 5 minutes into the first series of the first game.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give you credit for the bold prediction. We will see how quickly Sammy and the Bills make you look foolish. What do you see their record being?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think in the long run this is good. I see your team benefitting from Brady retiring when he does. He has been your obvious kryptonite and without Brady BB will not have all that good luck mojo he has been having. Y'all have a stud back, stud receiver , and potential game managing qb who can run. You have some decency on defense. The confidence will soar when you finally get over that hump of beating pats. The dolphins are a mess and playing for mediocrity and another 8-8 due to impatience, the jets as well. Geno was a big 12 product those QBs especially considering he was also Big East usually suck in the pros and they want to waste CJ2K's talent already. Tannehill is also highly overrated.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees: I don't expect you to be knowledgeable about the Bills considering you root for a good team, but Brady retiring won't be the fix-it you may think. Keep this in mind:

The Bills haven't finished ahead of the JETS OR THE DOLPHINS since 2007. And the Dolphins suck. The Jets do most of the time too. Last place six years in a row. This isn't a team constantly on the cusp of the playoffs. It's a bottom-feeder that has finished last in the division for many years.

Your Brady argument holds no water anyways since:
1. Brady isn't retiring anytime soon
2. When he does, it assumes one of the smartest and most well-run organizations in the NFL won't have a great QB ready to replace him. Not an assumption I'd be willing to make.
3. Bellicheat always finds a way to beat the bad teams.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debbie downer... I can say the same of you with your CARDINALS LOGO. I assume you don't watch Bills games since you hate them so much and it shows in your responses. I'm sure you only look at box scores, but even if you only did that you should have noticed we are 7-7 against the Fins and 9-5 against the Jets in that time. We can't control what else happens with them. We haven't had a QB, that's it. Otherwise, this team has been a tough out for most opponents and that's because they aren't a bottom feeder. We are on the cusp, it's just we haven't had anyone that knows how to get over it before.

If Marrone gets the can in two years, like you claim, I will gladly join you in your pessimistic blogs, but until then, why not look for a little light rather than concentrating on all the darkness?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch as many as I used to. I missed the Saints slaughtering them 35-17 last year. Missed the last Patriots game. Missed the Bucs and Jags game. I did catch the 37-24 loss to the Browns. Probably saw about 10 of their 16 games. Did I miss anything live that would have changed my perception?

They were 6-10 and the record reflected their ability. "We are on the cusp." No, the CARDINALS were on the cusp of the playoffs last year at 10-6. 6-10 was "on the cusp"? There were 5 other teams with better records than them that were non-playoff teams in the AFC. Were they also "on the cusp"? So would just like, Jacksonville and maybe the Browns be the only teams last year in the AFC not on the verge of the playoffs.

This is the kind of Bills Kool-Aid I just can't ever drink. Those that drink it can call me a "Downer". I suppose to them, any dose of reality would be just that.

What stat matters more? That the Bills are 9-5 against the Jets the past 7 years, or that they finished behind them ALL 7 of those years?

Being a "tough out" is the kind of badge losers that can be competitive wear.

They ARE a bottom-feeder. LAST PLACE six years and counting. LAST PLACE is the BOTTOM. Six years...they are having a buffet down there.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ARE a bottom-feeder. LAST PLACE six years and counting. LAST PLACE is the BOTTOM. Six years...they are having a buffet down there.

What I mean by on the cusp, is that we are only one position away from being relevant. I am the realist, you are a pessimist. I am not predicting playoffs this year. I'd like to see it, I'd love to see it, but I don't think E.J. is the difference. I don't "drink the koolaid", but I do watch the games and understand that within a football game there are usually two or three components that effect the outcome. I do know that we had a top 5 run game last year, despite our two RB being more than banged up. You see Jeff Tuel and nothing else! I don't condone all the bad picks we've made over the years. I don't condone all the players we let go or traded over the years. But what I don't do the most is find every negative little thing about anything and whine about it. Like even trading a crippled Stevie Johnson for a young, effective RB that we will need over the rest of this decade.

So I guess my question is, why are you even here? Why do you even care? You can't tell me one good thing about this organization, and I assume your answer to that would be on the lines of, "can't find what isn't there".

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's also false. They absolutely were not one position away from being relevant. Which position would that be? (Bills fans would probably give you 6 different answers here...which just makes my point) This is a team that has been mired in the bottom half of the league for over a decade for a reason...and it's never been because they were just one guy away.

I'm here because I'm still a Bills fan. I remember the glory days and how great it was to have not just competitive football in Buffalo, but elite football. I harbor a (probably unrealistic) hope that they can return to something resembling that soon.

But when I see another off-season where they do the same stupid things all over again, I just can't abide by it. The fans deserve better. Buffalo deserves better. Football means more to Bills fans than most (some would say this is sad, but it's the truth) and it's become a sick joke how laughable their football team continues to be.

In the rowdiest sports bars these days, opposing teams fans just feel sorry for Bills fans. They can't even trash talk us without feeling like a bully. It just seems rude and like kicking a baby.

You're right. They have two elite RBs now and have for years. They've actually had a fantastic RB for getting carries for as long as I can remember. (CJ-Fred-McGahee-Lynch). Maybe Bryce Brown becomes the fifth guy there (I'm not ready to proclaim him their guy "for the next decade"...seems premature). That's the only consistent position I can rave about over the years for the Bills.

We had some good kickers too.

I hope I never see Jeff Tuel again.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just like you, same stupid answers.

...and you wanted them to pick Manziel? Now THAT'S funny!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran out of steam I guess. When you resort to just calling someone "stupid" you've pretty much lost.

I'd rather be a 6-10 team with Manziel on it than without him. At least the Bills will constantly be in the headlines and another forgettable season will be memorable...even if that is because your QB parties a lot with Justin Bieber.