• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big names dropping like flies

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with John L. Smith, Rick Neuheisel, and Houston Nutt?

I love these schools, running around looking for a football savior and ending up with retreads. Or they go lure some lower division coach away with a suitcase full of money. Sometimes it works, more often it doesn't. I guess no one has figured out that about half of all coaches have winning records, and half have losing ones.

Maybe one day someone will figure out that coaches can't make plays, players do. They can bring in better players. They can make average players good and good players great. But they can't fix a broken program.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ an agenda. I'm always a fan of whatever is the opposite of your retarded stances on shit it seems.:rollseyes:

Leave Bama alone!

And since I like women:whistle:

Not that there's anything wrong with your stance

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A name nobody has mentioned: Gary Patterson of TCU. Hmm?

i always think of this guy as someone to go after when these coaching jobs open up

What's wrong with John L. Smith, Rick Neuheisel, and Houston Nutt?

:L

Just a reminder about the story from Nov 8th indicating that Mike Shanahan would be interested if either the Florida or Michigan job became available.

Sources: Mike Shanahan interested in returning to college

that would be very interesting

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida should look at the following guys (just offensive guys, since that was the guideline):
1. Briles. I doubt he leaves the state, but how can you not call him?
2. Gundy
3. Todd Graham. He is what he is, but he has done a great job. I am still worried Norvell maybe the real prize on that staff

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if I'm Florida and Mike Shanahan is interested in going there that's who I hire 10 times out of 10.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't Florida just call on Mike Leach since he's coached with Hal Mumme at Kentucky and Bob Stoops at OU before going to Lubbock to coach the red raiders. His pirate swag would fit right in at Gainesville.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can be brutally honest here...

Riley has Bama roots...besides that, He is under-paid at Oregon State and will never get what he deserves here. IF Flo came a knocking, I, if him, would not hesitate to leave and take that job for the mint of cash he would be offered. He has so much experience in the game, well-liked and coaches not with an iron fist, but a love for the game that is unequaled...a players coach. He does it all with only 1-3 star athletes.

Riley would succeed and Florida would thrive again.

In the end, we would welcome him back home in retirement.
Yay!!! Let's celebrate mediocrity and pay Reilly big bucks. 1 double digit win season(that came with 4 losses). Season loss totals of 5,5,6,4,4,4,5,7,9,4,6 and 5 so far this season. Florida isn't going to be knocking on his door.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yay!!! Let's celebrate mediocrity and pay Reilly big bucks. 1 double digit win season(that came with 4 losses). Season loss totals of 5,5,6,4,4,4,5,7,9,4,6 and 5 so far this season. Florida isn't going to be knocking on his door.
says the fan who rejoiced about Franklin.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the fan who rejoiced about Franklin.
I'll bet you can't find a single thread with me rejoicing in Franklin as a coach. I've mentioned many times i am not sold on him as an X's and O's coach. Great recruiter, yes, it seems so.

Either way. Franklin's 3 years at Vandy is better than anything Reilly has done. Hell, look where Vandy is again without him. Basement City.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point peanut...The Q was put forward, I gave my answer to it. One look at Riley's career tho and it's easy to see the..."what IF he had consistent talent" to pick and choose from. He run's a "pro style" offense which has produced the Pac12 alltime best passing QB (Mannion) and the conference's all-time best RB (Simonton) with nothing more the average all-around team talent. Not bad when one looks and all the other recruiting team giants in the Pac12.

Point is...

Once Riley get's good talent, he can get the best out of em.

He is pretty much "Grandfathered" in here at State and wisely so.

BTW...

I like your avi, shows talent in woodcrafting. Did you make that eagle? IF so, nice job. :clap:

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point peanut...The Q was put forward, I gave my answer to it. One look at Riley's career tho and it's easy to see the..."what IF he had consistent talent" to pick and choose from. He run's a "pro style" offense which has produced the Pac12 alltime best passing QB (Mannion) and the conference's all-time best RB (Simonton) with nothing more the average all-around team talent. Not bad when one looks and all the other recruiting team giants in the Pac12.

Point is...

Once Riley get's good talent, he can get the best out of em.

He is pretty much "Grandfathered" in here at State and wisely so.

BTW...

I like your avi, shows talent in woodcrafting. Did you make that eagle? IF so, nice job. :clap:
Thanks. I love doing these projects but no, this one isn't mine. I have posted several of mine and will again. This is my next project to make.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet you can't find a single thread with me rejoicing in Franklin as a coach. I've mentioned many times i am not sold on him as an X's and O's coach. Great recruiter, yes, it seems so.

Either way. Franklin's 3 years at Vandy is better than anything Reilly has done. Hell, look where Vandy is again without him. Basement City.

I agree on Franklin's Xs and Os ability. Looked at him hard when Texas was searching. Couldnt find much substance there, very Mack Brown like. Reilly is a great coach. Middle of nowhere and he does it the right way. OSU is a hard place to win, unless you bend the rules. I think people under-estimate guys like this. Smart, boring, and loyal coaches that are not clawing their way to the top. There are a lot of great coaches that remain happy under the radar, but could out coach more famous coaches without a second thought. As far Vandy, Franklin almost went Kiffen on that place, when he left. One reason I am conflicted on PSU. I would not mind seeign the fans proud again, but that would mean success for Franklin.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gundy it is.....

Go crazy offensive guy after losing with crazy defensive guy

Why in hell would Gundy ever leave a school who supports its program in favor of a school that supported its program, but 20 years in the past?:noidea:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in hell would Gundy ever leave a school who supports its program in favor of a school that supported its program, but 20 years in the past?:noidea:

You obviously know nothing about UF.. until recently we had more then 20 years of consecutive stadium sell outs only second to Nebraska. . If it didn't cost 2400 for the booster Fee and then 700 for tickets id still be a season ticket holder. . Add it is i buy my season tickets now, from friends. .