• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big D's Fantasy League rant & rave spot

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you VERY much to everyone who ended up joining my 3 Yahoo leagues, and also to those who even expressed interest in them. With one league now up, drafted, and running, (Known as Best of the Board Bunch), & fro a suggestion from my favorite Cheff99, I will put up this thread as a place for league members/board members to discuss their teams, to talk smack, and whatever.

As I did not think I could commit the time to do a separate thread for each league, I will try to do just one.

So, league members and friends, please use this thread all year long to do whatever fantasy business you wish. Even for anything semi-serious like league questions and such. I will check in and chime in as often as possible, but, with 3 leagues and 28 people, there should be enough folks and enough to say to keep this going.

You just may need to clarify which league you are in in some or most cases, to help keep things straight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I'm in best of board bunch & best of board bunch 2

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome! I'll kick it off: obxyankeefan, sent you an offer!

and away we go! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I became a big fan of Wheeler last year, don't want to let him go.

Well, we've got some time to talk trade. I'm still getting my head straight from the MBBRL draft. Ended up with both Bogie and Arenado, though. :nod:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey D, are you got to set the random order in advance like last year so we can see where we are picking ahead of time?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey D, are you got to set the random order in advance like last year so we can see where we are picking ahead of time?

I never look at the draft info until I myself enter the draft room, 30- 60 minutes prior to drafting. As such, it is auto-set, and, I have no idea when that is set.

A lot of help I am.......

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it is set at random 30 minutes before the draft

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, ours was 30 minutes. Think I'm gonna mosey on over to Yahoo and introduce myself to the Trading Block, boys! :suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, ours was 30 minutes. Think I'm gonna mosey on over to Yahoo and introduce myself to the Trading Block, boys! :suds:

:gaah::gaah::gaah:

So much of that going on already. As I think and feel you will not take this wrong or personal Chef, isn't the investigating of trades a day or so after your draft nothing but a sign of a bad or lesser draft?

Or, maybe everyone is just Trader Jack McKeon, and they like their teams, but just can not help themselves over tinkering, as they just HAVE to do something, and can't just sit back and stand pat.

Is this just another example of me being a weird dude?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah::gaah::gaah:

So much of that going on already. As I think and feel you will not take this wrong or personal Chef, isn't the investigating of trades a day or so after your draft nothing but a sign of a bad or lesser draft?

Or, maybe everyone is just Trader Jack McKeon, and they like their teams, but just can not help themselves over tinkering, as they just HAVE to do something, and can't just sit back and stand pat.

Is this just another example of me being a weird dude?

Nah, I don't take this wrong, I know you feel this way. Funny thing is, in the two leagues I've drafted in, I don't particularly feel a strong need to trade, although I would have loved it if obx had done some business with me on Wheeler/Bogie. Same thing in MBBRL. Last year, I hated my team, but this year? Not so much.

I think a lot of it for me is the thrill of the deal, and sometimes I pay dearly for it. :rollseyes:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I don't take this wrong, I know you feel this way. Funny thing is, in the two leagues I've drafted in, I don't particularly feel a strong need to trade, although I would have loved it if obx had done some business with me on Wheeler/Bogie. Same thing in MBBRL. Last year, I hated my team, but this year? Not so much.

I think a lot of it for me is the thrill of the deal, and sometimes I pay dearly for it. :rollseyes:

Yep. That was what I thought it had to come down to.

I wonder if I can experience the thrill of the non-deal then?

"I don't have to do a thing, and i'm stoked by it"

????

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That was what I thought it had to come down to.

I wonder if I can experience the thrill of the non-deal then?

"I don't have to do a thing, and i'm stoked by it"

????

:lol: I don't know why, but this makes me think of Steven Wright. :laugh3:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never look at the draft info until I myself enter the draft room, 30- 60 minutes prior to drafting. As such, it is auto-set, and, I have no idea when that is set.

A lot of help I am.......

Last year (at least in best 3), you went under commissioner tools (like we did in MBBRL) and clicked on one of the things under draft management and it randomized the draft order in advance.

It makes no difference to me, but it was nice knowing before hand.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year (at least in best 3), you went under commissioner tools (like we did in MBBRL) and clicked on one of the things under draft management and it randomized the draft order in advance.

It makes no difference to me, but it was nice knowing before hand.

Really? I honestly do not remember that.