• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Bad Buckeyes

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can say that about a lot of teams. Outside of this team, who has that team played. I'd bet at least half of the Top 25 ranked teams haven't played more than one good team. It's still too early in the season. And also what is considered a good team, if you discount Maryland because their wins were vs bad teams, that discounts a lot of teams. The list of teams who have beaten TWO good teams who also beat at least one good team, is pretty slim, and then we also get into the whole, why are they considered good, because they were ranked preseason? Then teams come along and beat them and it's a quality win whether they are actually good or not? I'm thinking specifically of the Pac getting credit for beating Baylor, BYU, Wisconsin & Michigan St when all 4 were ranked or maybe Wisconsin was just getting votes, but all 4 of those teams have shown themselves to have been way overrated. Do any of those 4 have a winning record even? So then another Pac team beats a conf opponent that is ranked high because they beat one of those 4 teams, and they get ranked high despite the fact the Pac team they beat may not have been all that good since the supposedly good team they beat ended up not being that good. I'm hoping the Selection Committee takes all of these kinds of things into consideration when they put out their rankings.

Come on man. I've mentioned this before.

Paragraph's, figure out how to use them.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their computer SOS is top 20.. so..there's that
But what is that based upon? They have played nobody. There is nobody on their remaining schedule, until final game of reg. season that will even make them break a sweat. What makes their schedule so tough?

Got to keep them looking like world beaters, yo justify the hellacious TV contract dollars the b1G gets

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what is that based upon? They have played nobody. There is nobody on their remaining schedule, until final game of reg. season that will even make them break a sweat. What makes their schedule so tough?

Got to keep them looking like world beaters, yo justify the hellacious TV contract dollars the b1G gets

SOS is determined by not only opponents but opponents opponents. ND for example...has played a tough schedule...so their 3 and 3 is a lot stronger than most.

I don't delve into this "played nobody' stuff. The computers have no bias.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the conference isn't stronger overall.
Well, Iowa and Wisconsin both being far worse than normal this year for Iowa and last couple for Wisconsin and Minnesota not rising up as fast as they could have, doesn't help. Illinois rising up this year with their new coach's influence being noticeable this year helps, but one of those need to be Top Ten every year with 2 others in the #11-25 range and the 4th along with maybe a NW or Purdue getting in the mix once in a while adding a 4th and sometimes a 5th Western team in the Top 26-40 range would be about right.

Add to that MSU and PSU not being consistently competitive and in the #5-#20 range and Maryland and Rutgers seemingly not being able to figure anything out, I mean at least Indiana has a good team once or twice a decade.

It should/could look like this almost every year.

OSU/Michigan 1-10,
MSU/PSU/Top West team 6-15.
Next 2 West teams & 4th best east team 10-25.
1-2 more West teams and 1-2 more East teams 26-45.

In total,
10-12 getting votes, 7-9 in the Top 25, 4-6 in the Top 15, 2-3 in the Top 8, or basically 3-5 getting into the 12 team cfp.

Adding UCLA & USC to the mix going forward should make that above scenario happen easily if some or all of the teams mentioned also do something to improve.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little down with Wisky and MSU falling off yes.

Regardless the BIG is eating other conferences and not vice versa. Cash is king.

Buckeyes gotta do better on the 3rd downs.

But I didn't realize Iowa's D is highly ranked.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you looked at the list of teams that have won the CFP?

We are eating no one.

I took that as he meant the amount of money the conference generates. But maybe he meant something else.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are eating no one.
I'm guessing he meant eating them as in stealing teams from other conferences, Nebraska from the Big 12, Maryland from the ACC, Rutgers from the Big East, and now USC and UCLA from the Pac 12.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are eating no one.

USC UCLA likely Oregon etc...Nebraska Penn state Maryland Rutgers

Absorbing other conferences.

And yea.. only OSU has held their own there. Thanks

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he meant eating them as in stealing teams from other conferences, Nebraska from the Big 12, Maryland from the ACC, Rutgers from the Big East, and now USC and UCLA from the Pac 12.
Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers….oh yeah, those were really great additions

Said no one with a brain, ever

Not sure the peepee12 teams will add much more than travel expenses

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the conference isn't stronger overall.
coming in would have thought crossover games vs. Iowa and Wisky would be tougher than they are but that's not on OSU.

I still think the middling B10 teams would hold up against the middling SEC teams.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little down with Wisky and MSU falling off yes.

Regardless the BIG is eating other conferences and not vice versa. Cash is king.
True. coming into the season with ND OOC with the usual UM, PSU and MSU plus crossover vs. Iowa, wisky and NW is seemed pretty daunting.
Cannot think of many whose schedules appeared tougher.

Not up to us to make sure other teams hold up their end.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming in would have thought crossover games vs. Iowa and Wisky would be tougher than they are but that's not on OSU.

I still think the middling B10 teams would hold up against the middling SEC teams.

I won't get into a BigTen/SEC debate. The SEC are the kings of CFB and have been for a while.

Biggest game of the year for Ohio State next weekend. Just glad it's not at night.