• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 10 Recruiting Standings 2013 (Updated 8/16/12 10:00pm)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Michigan winning that battle. They don't normally win that one do they? I can imagine them pulling a lot of the guys from Toledo, but beating OSU in commits? Tressel had it roped off, maybe Meyer lost it. It's early, though. I have to believe tOSU will take over. Unless Meyer is attacking Florida this year?

Yes, it was surprising when I counted them up. Hoke is just doing a good job of selling UM, and all of its resources up there. I doubt the scandals and the bowl ban are helping OSU. Here's a breakdown of how each school is doing in its own state: #in-state/#recruits
Mich 5/17
OSU 6/11
PSU 3/8
MSU 2/7
Iowa 0/7
Illi 4/7
Neb 1/5
Wisky 3/6
NW 2/2
Purdue 1/1
Minn 1/1
Indy 0/0

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College Station (Texas) A&M Consolidated defensive end Christian Lacouture, a 6-foot-5, 255-pounder has picked Nebraska over LSU and Michigan, HuskerOnline.com reports.

Rated 4 Star.

Mod: Thanks, Brasky. The services I use had him rated 3-star.
Huskers have 6 commits:
Tre'vell Dixon ATH, LA
Christian Lacouture, DE, TX
A.J. Natter, DE, WI
Josh Banderas LB, NE
Courtney Love, LB, OH
Marcus McWilson DB, OH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y u no use Scout?

I used to, but they had too many commits unrated, and they're slower reporting commits. But for the record, Lacouture was rated 4* by Scout.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record Jmilion, just as 247 is much better about scouting the midwest, scout is usually the best about Texas, Arizona, and SoCal.

My guess why they have some players unrated is a lot of these guys on your list are rust belt and scout is mainly "scouting" the south/southwest/west coast.

Might have something to do with TV markets and where the scouts they employ are located.

Just my .02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dance:

as was Natter

:dance:

Just for the record Jmilion, just as 247 is much better about scouting the midwest, scout is usually the best about Texas, Arizona, and SoCal.

My guess why they have some players unrated is a lot of these guys on your list are rust belt and scout is mainly "scouting" the south/southwest/west coast.

Might have something to do with TV markets and where the scouts they employ are located.

Just my .02

Hi guys, thanks for the input, and later in the process I will expand to another service. It will take some extra work - I have to modify the spreadsheet and the formulas I have devised for it.

I encourage you to air your opinions here - I created the thread to get the ball rolling on some B1G recruiting talk. Congrats to Husks on their commit today.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illini got another commitment yesterday, this time from (yet) another Ohio recruit, 2-star OT Austin Schmidt, 6'6" and 270 from Lewis Center. Mr. Schmidt also had an offer from Western Michigan. He is Illinois' 8th commit:
Aaron Bailey, QB, IL
Jesse Chadwell, OL, MI
Austin Schmidt, OL, OH
Kendrick Foster, RB, IL
Chrisitan DiLauro, TE, OH
Merrick Jackson, DT, IL
Jarrod Clements, DE, OH
Dillan Cazley, DB, IL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has received a commitment from 3-star WR Csont'e York, from Harper Woods, MI.
The 6'3" 185 pounder had 5 offers, none from B1G schools. He is the Wolverines 18th commit:
Kyle Bosch, OL, IL
David Dawson, OL, MI
Logan Tuley-Tillman, OL, OH
Chris Fox, OL, CO
Patrick Kugler, OL, PA
Deveon Smith, RB, OH
Shane Morris, QB, MI
Jaron Dukes, WR, OH
Csont'e York, WR, MI
Jake Butt, TE, OH
Khalid Hill, TE, MI
Ben Gedeon, LB, OH
Mike McCray, LB, OH
Taco Charlton, DE, OH
Jourdan Lewis, DB, MI
Dymonte Thomas, DB, OH
Gareon Conley, ATH, OH
Wyatt Shallman, ATH, MI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue has gotten its 2nd commit, this one from unrated DE Randy Gregory from Yuma, AZ. Looks like Boilermakers were the only offer for the 6'6", 230 pounder.
Danny Etling, QB, IN
Randy Gregory, DE, AZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois has picked up a commitment from Kenton Gibbs, 3-star DT Kenton Gibbs, 6'2", 290 lbs. Mr. Gibbs hails from Detroit, and had several other offers, including one from Indiana. Illini jumps to 4th place, and now has 9 commits:
Aaron Bailey, QB, IL
Jesse Chadwell, OL, MI
Austin Schmidt, OL, OH
Kendrick Foster, RB, IL
Chrisitan DiLauro, TE, OH
Merrick Jackson, DT, IL
Kenton, Gibbs, DT, MI
Jarrod Clements, DE, OH
Dillan Cazley, DB, IL

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Beckman is still getting a lot of people from within an hour or so of Toledo. It'll be interesting to see how long he can keep those relationships with high school coaches in that area. If he can keep them up and dominate downstate Illinois, their recruiting might stay at the level it was under Zook. With a good in-game coach (and Beckman is decent from what i've seen), they could become a player in the Leaders division.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Isaac (Joliet Catholic RB, ranked #1 in the country) committed to USC today. He had offers from virtually the entire B1G and Michigan was considered the frontrunner for most of the cycle, with OSU, Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin considered possibilities. It's not every year that B1G country produces an athlete like him, so to have him leave the midwest is pretty frustrating.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Isaac (Joliet Catholic RB, ranked #1 in the country) committed to USC today. He had offers from virtually the entire B1G and Michigan was considered the frontrunner for most of the cycle, with OSU, Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin considered possibilities. It's not every year that B1G country produces an athlete like him, so to have him leave the midwest is pretty frustrating.

I don't know how Lane Kiffin does it. He's led a charmed life, career-wise.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about that kid screams, "Not going to stay at runningback."

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dayton (Ohio) Alter tight end Greg Hart is N

mod: Huskers commits:
Greg Hart, TE, OH
Tre'vell Dixon ATH, LA
A.J. Natter, DE, WI
Josh Banderas LB, NE
Courtney Love, LB, OH
Marcus McWilson DB, OH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Ohio recruit, this one poached by Big Red. Greg Hart, TE out of Archbishop Alter in Dayton. Hart is 3-star, 6'3", 225 lbs. He had > 10 offers, including ones from Indiana, Northwestern, and Purdue. The Huskers jump into 4th place (standings on first page of thread). Nebraska's recruits are listed in the post above.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Ohio recruit, this one poached by Big Red. Greg Hart, TE out of Archbishop Alter in Dayton. Hart is 3-star, 6'3", 225 lbs. He had > 10 offers, including ones from Indiana, Northwestern, and Purdue. The Huskers jump into 4th place (standings on first page of thread). Nebraska's recruits are listed in the post above.

He's a legit 6'5 according to Nebraska staff :D

He was told they had him number 1 on their board at the TE position He'll likely be used as an adjuster/H-back the way Kyler Reed is currently.

Is a very good fit for us and fills a huge need. Good get.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has a new commitment, from unrated, pro-style QB Nic Shimonek, 6'4", 205 pounds from Corsicana, TX. Those that call themselves Hawkeyes have 8 commits:
Colin Goebel, OG, IL
Derrick Willies WR, IL
Nic Shimonek, QB, TX
Nathan Bazata, DT, NE
Brant Gressel, DT, OH
David Kenney DE, IN
John Kenny, LB, IN
Delano Hill, DB, IA

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Star Plymouth, Indiana OL Dan Samueson - N

Switched his commitment from Pitt. Not a sexy looking offer list, and not very highly rated. First "diamond in the rough" of this class. He'll likely get a more thorough evaluation from recruiting services now that he's committed to Nebraska.

mod: Huskers commits:
Dan Samuelson, OL, IN
Greg Hart, TE, OH
Tre'vell Dixon ATH, LA
A.J. Natter, DE, WI
Josh Banderas LB, NE
Courtney Love, LB, OH
Marcus McWilson DB, OH