• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting Walt and Jesse at some point. Saul apparently represented Emilio (Crazy-8's cousin and Jesse's childhood friend) several times. I expect to see Walt as an overqualified Chemistry teacher and Jesse as the underachieving knucklehead.

Good times ahead!
Forget those guys. Gimmie some Huell!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhoo, I'm glad that it's successful, really.

I'm still a big believer in Gilligan. While he chose not to do it with this latest show, he is great at letting characters develop naturally, and lets that dictate the direction of the narrative when he's at his best. It makes each episode and each season feel fresh and genuine.

His next project will undoubtedly get greenlit on spec, and I look forward to it.
Great, why don't you stop posting in here until you start watching it then?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Ep.4 via On demand. No surprise it was another solid entry. :thumb:
The billboard sign, and ensuing staged accident rescue which turned Saul into a hero for all to see was brilliant.
I'm totally rooting against Hamlin.....that tool just oozes slime, dooshiness & is way too smug & arrogant even for an owner of a high priced law firm. Also...how long before Saul's brother Chuck gets committed to an institution for his disorder ?......the poor guy is a wreck.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was that scene supposed to take place? Was that earlier in his life (college?) or post-BB?
For me, I think it was earlier. I base that on the amount of hair he had. They seem to be pretty consistent with that when they're doing flashback scenes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I think it was earlier. I base that on the amount of hair he had. They seem to be pretty consistent with that when they're doing flashback scenes.

I guess that makes sense. Post-BB, he wouldn't be using the "Saul" moniker anymore, I suspect. Especially while performing a grift.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Mikes past begins.......

Awesome!

(Laughed my ass when Saul went DNR-Pineapple-Blender in the old ladies living room.)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My new ringtone....:nod:

I dig the song but it kind of annoys me how the intro just suddenly ends.

Another good episode last night as we start to pivot to getting some of Mike's backstory. I'm thinking the woman he was "staking out" is his daughter.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dig the song but it kind of annoys me how the intro just suddenly ends.

Another good episode last night as we start to pivot to getting some of Mike's backstory. I'm thinking the woman he was "staking out" is his daughter.

I'm not sure if this series will even have an episode that isn't good. As far as the back story goes, I really never got into BB and never wanted to, so most of the stuff about the various characters is more or less foreign to me...and that's all good afaic....I'm just appreciating and enjoying this series for what it is. A friend of mine said the same thing regarding the woman in the car...guess we'll find out next week.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this series will even have an episode that isn't good. As far as the back story goes, I really never got into BB and never wanted to, so most of the stuff about the various characters is more or less foreign to me...and that's all good afaic....I'm just appreciating and enjoying this series for what it is. A friend of mine said the same thing regarding the woman in the car...guess we'll find out next week.

Well if it is his daughter, the BB connection is almost minimal. She really isn't even mentioned. The tie in is Mike is in the crime world to get money for his grand-daughter's college fund/future. We see the granddaughter in the series but not the daughter.