• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Movie of All Time: C

What is the best "C" movie if all time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vote for the best "C" movie ever.

Your vote will be public!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "oldie group" and Castaway. I'm sorry, Caddyshack just doesn't do it for me.

Cool Hand Luke gets my nod.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Cool Hand Luke, but Casablanca should run away with this even though it won't.

Fwiw, Caddyshack is the most overrated comedy of all time... and I love both golf and Bill Murray. I don't think I've ever even made it through the entire thing in 1 sitting. I've tried. Most of it is just f'n stupid.... it sort of paved the way for Adam Sandler type crap. /rant

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only seen Casablanca once, and I really don't remember anything about it. I acknowledge it is a classic, but it from a different era, and most people below the age of 50 (or so) just don't have it on their radar.

All movies will "suffer" from generational bias. People who grew up in the '70s and/or '80s will have special affection for movies like Caddyshack and Breakfast Club. Those who grew up in the '40s and/or '50s will have special affection for movies like Breakfast at Tiffaneys and Casablanca.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. I get people not getting into Citizen Kane... it's not for everyone... but Chinatown ??
I have not seen Chinatown in at least 20 years, and to be honest, I have hardly even heard it mentioned in that time outside of these types of conversations.

Another example of generational bias, maybe?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen Chinatown in at least 20 years, and to be honest, I have hardly even heard it mentioned in that time outside of these types of conversations.

Perhaps. I still think there were great performances by Nicholson, Huston, Dunaway..

I have only seen Casablanca once, and I really don't remember anything about it. I acknowledge it is a classic, but it from a different era, and most people below the age of 50 (or so) just don't have it on their radar.

All movies will "suffer" from generational bias. People who grew up in the '70s and/or '80s will have special affection for movies like Caddyshack and Breakfast Club. Those who grew up in the '40s and/or '50s will have special affection for movies like Breakfast at Tiffaneys and Casablanca.

I recently just saw Casablanca again after many years and realized again how good it was. Same with Breakfast Club except it wasn't as good as I remember. Yes, it's still very a good movie but a LOT of cliches in that one. I really liked both Castaway and Close Encounters a lot too.

Tough category.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think so. It's only a couple of years older than Caddyshack and Close Encounters and it's more recent that Cool Hand Luke and Casablanca all of which have more mainstream appeal which I think is the reason.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think it was the role Nicholson should have gotten the Oscar for. Not that he was bad in One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest. Not your average story either.

If you think Nicholson was better in Chinatown than Cuckoo's Nest, I'm going to make a point of seeing the former soon. I think a friend actually gave it to me on BluRay and I totally forgot to watch it...saw it when I was young and remember next to nothing.
Cuckoo's Nest is one of my favorites, so many great performances and I never get the feeling "these people are just ACTING crazy". Louise Fletcher was just plain fantastic, plays a role that could have been horribly overacted with a master's touch.
I just love Nicholson, even thought he was awesome in the much reviled "About Schmidt".

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-762533.jpg

Caddyshack for me.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Nicholson was better in Chinatown than Cuckoo's Nest, I'm going to make a point of seeing the former soon. I think a friend actually gave it to me on BluRay and I totally forgot to watch it...saw it when I was young and remember next to nothing.
Cuckoo's Nest is one of my favorites, so many great performances and I never get the feeling "these people are just ACTING crazy". Louise Fletcher was just plain fantastic, plays a role that could have been horribly overacted with a master's touch.
I just love Nicholson, even thought he was awesome in the much reviled "About Schmidt".

I would absolutely recommend you seeing then. You may disagree that it's better than his performance in Cuckoo's nest but I would completely stunned if you still don't think it was an Oscar worthy performance.
(He lost to Art Carney from Harry and Tonto and I think he got robbed)

It's a really good film noir type mystery with lots of strange things going on until it's all figured out. I thought it was great and is one of my favorite detective films.

My only complaint against the role of McMurphy is that it always seems like an acting softball for good actors to play the crazy or disabled. That's probably unfair on my part though. i.e. it's still a great job by Nicholson. :)

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since A Clockwork Orange is not one of the choices, I will instead go with:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since A Clockwork Orange is not one of the choices, I will instead go with:

My favorite acting job ever. Still can't believe he got jobbed out of the Oscar that year.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caddyshack in a run away on this one.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with Caddyshack. It hurts tho, cuz Close Encounters is an all-time fave.

(So is A Clockwork Orange tho) :whistle:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is probably no bigger fan of Bogart on the hoop than me but I absolutely loved Cool Hand Luke, Casablanca isn't even Bogey's best movie so... This was a tough one though...