• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Patriots Game Thread

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's game day. Shocking news in that Tyler Eifert is out for the game. I'm predicting that the Patriots are a little more sloppy than usual and the Bengals are better than they have been all year. Patriots win in a surprisingly close game, 27-23.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marty Bennett goes for 3 TDs. O line gets pushed around again. Dalton forced to throw 50 times as neither Hill nor Gio can find running room due to the aforementioned line. Andy limps after getting planted again. LaFell gets a garbage time TD (again) & Hobs cues up the Pats homecoming redemption fluff paragraph in an attempt to polish this turd. Nugent with two fgs, one coming in a situation that Marvin elects to kick instead of being aggressive deep in Pats territory late in the third quarter.

Michael Johnson remains on a milk carton. Dunlap might sack Brady once. Atkins gets some push but is pedestrian Blount rolls for 100+ but doesn't find the end zone.

Pats 27
Bengals 13

I feel I should punctuate with a jwill "SHOW ME!!!" but I don't have the energy.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's game day. Shocking news in that Tyler Eifert is out for the game. I'm predicting that the Patriots are a little more sloppy than usual and the Bengals are better than they have been all year. Patriots win in a surprisingly close game, 27-23.

50 points covers the over, I'll take it! :suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady shook off most of the rust against the Browns last week. All things being equal, he should be much sharper against a better team. Bengal are having a horrible time stopping the run. Game plan will be to pound Blount like a battering ram early and throw short. They'll pull the Bengals up tight and Brady will easily find his new deep guy (Hogan) several times way down field. Once in the Red Zone, the nightmare really begins. If the Bengals double either Gronk or Bennett Brady gets to pick. If they decide to double both then Edelman, Hogan or Amendola will be open.

34-17 Pats.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
phantom holding call....a beautiful fall day in NE

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe we get to 4-4 at the bye. Regroup. Maybe.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marty Bennett goes for 3 TDs. O line gets pushed around again. Dalton forced to throw 50 times as neither Hill nor Gio can find running room due to the aforementioned line. Andy limps after getting planted again. LaFell gets a garbage time TD (again) & Hobs cues up the Pats homecoming redemption fluff paragraph in an attempt to polish this turd. Nugent with two fgs, one coming in a situation that Marvin elects to kick instead of being aggressive deep in Pats territory late in the third quarter.

Michael Johnson remains on a milk carton. Dunlap might sack Brady once. Atkins gets some push but is pedestrian Blount rolls for 100+ but doesn't find the end zone.

Pats 27
Bengals 13

I feel I should punctuate with a jwill "SHOW ME!!!" but I don't have the energy.

Not far off.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Outclassed. I thought they were bringing their A game after getting embarrassed. They did for the 1st half

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady shook off most of the rust against the Browns last week. All things being equal, he should be much sharper against a better team. Bengal are having a horrible time stopping the run. Game plan will be to pound Blount like a battering ram early and throw short. They'll pull the Bengals up tight and Brady will easily find his new deep guy (Hogan) several times way down field. Once in the Red Zone, the nightmare really begins. If the Bengals double either Gronk or Bennett Brady gets to pick. If they decide to double both then Edelman, Hogan or Amendola will be open.

34-17 Pats.

Pretty close.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Little miffed the Pats didn't get more personal fouls than they did. They didn't even want to throw the one on Gronk but I guess they had to post pushing and shoving AFTER Burfict made a scene. As he should have. It was two plays in a row that he was verbally berating Bengal players on the ground. No penalty on Edelman for face mask but Dre did...on the same play. Blount should have had several as well.

Didn't decide the game but they do have some meathead, high profile punks on that team. And no one will say boo (nationally) about it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Apparently this is the play that created all of the issues late in the game

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We couldn't beat good teams when we were good..... We certainly can't beat them now.

But, look at the schedule the rest of the way. The best team we have left just lost in Miami. Chew on that for a minute. If the Bengals have any kick, they might accidentally win 9 or 10.