• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Oakland - Playoffs? Playoffs!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning it lookslike the games next week should be Bengals @ Titans and Bills @ Chiefs (If the Steelers don't pull the upset of the 21st Century)

No reason why the Bengals can't get to the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl. You beat the favored Chiefs once and should be able to do it again. Especially in the playoffs where the Chiefs' secondary will be called for PI and Def. Holding.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Truly a day to remember for a lot of people. And as Joe and Zac both said, they aren’t done yet.

This is the best part. Barring a major upset in the AFC today they'll be on the road against the #1 seed and I still think they have a better than 50/50 chance next week. This wasn't a novelty story or a feel good win. I think they're a legitimate contender right now.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This morning it lookslike the games next week should be Bengals @ Titans and Bills @ Chiefs (If the Steelers don't pull the upset of the 21st Century)

No reason why the Bengals can't get to the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl. You beat the favored Chiefs once and should be able to do it again. Especially in the playoffs where the Chiefs' secondary will be called for PI and Def. Holding.

Missed this post before I said essentially the same in my own.

Tough loss last night but Mac had a great rookie season. If he gets a dominant playmaker like Chase or Diggs I can see him taking that next step like Burrow and Allen did as young QBs.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think I would live long enough. Thanks Burrow and Co. Feels great!

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this sort of interesting, it’s not an exact replica, but…..

I was looking back at the 1990 playoffs. That year the bengals beat Houston Oilers, then played and lost to the raiders, who then lost to the bills in the afc championship game.

this year, the bengals beat the raiders first, now go on to play the Titans, who are the old Oilers, and then could possibly play the Bills in the afc championship game.

same teams (potentially), different order of course. Maybe Marty and Doc fixed the 1990 alternate timeline and this is our year.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was hoping to see AJ make some highlights, but the ram's defense is too strong.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping we can rule the afc north for awhile

the ravens were no where as good as advertised this season. all we heard was how unstoppable lamar jackson is and how the ravens were going to have a perfect season. you'd think they still had the great Dennis Pitta at tight end.

The Browns have a good QB and several good players, but they are still the browns.

The Steelers will get serious again, but maybe it will take them some time to recoup.

it's all up to the Bengals front office.

1. protect Joe.
2. build a championship defense
3. dominate

if they can't follow through, good players will walk out of here. it's happened before.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping we can rule the afc north for awhile

the ravens were no where as good as advertised this season. all we heard was how unstoppable lamar jackson is and how the ravens were going to have a perfect season. you'd think they still had the great Dennis Pitta at tight end.

The Browns have a good QB and several good players, but they are still the browns.

The Steelers will get serious again, but maybe it will take them some time to recoup.

it's all up to the Bengals front office.

1. protect Joe.
2. build a championship defense
3. dominate

if they can't follow through, good players will walk out of here. it's happened before.
The Browns and Ravens both have to worry about their quarterback situation. Both guys are due "franchise guy" contracts which will start to eat at their cap space and erode other areas of the roster. The Ravens were 1-4 without Jackson, so I think it shows you how important he is to the team. But, he's also had COVID like 7 times and he gets hit a lot given how much he runs. I think the Browns would be better if they moved on from Mayfield. We'll see. The Bengals have a legit chance next year to be the best team in the league. If they spend their cap space wisely and continue their run of good health they will have serious potential.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently on the controversy, the refs have screwed the patriots out of a completion with an inadvertent whistle
I guess at the point in time the refs just had t decide who they were screwing the least.

Oh well, we’ve had our share

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns and/or the Steelers would be wise to inquire about Jimmy G. I think he would help either of them.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns and/or the Steelers would be wise to inquire about Jimmy G. I think he would help either of them.
My major concern with him would be health.... For a guy that's basically a pocket passer, he sure gets hurt a lot. I could see him being a very good QB in Pittsburgh.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My major concern with him would be health.... For a guy that's basically a pocket passer, he sure gets hurt a lot. I could see him being a very good QB in Pittsburgh.
When he plays his teams win.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he plays his teams win.
Yeah. He definitely didn't flinch in our game with him this season. He calmly drove them down for what should have been a game-winning field goal in regulation. And then he did it again to actually win in overtime.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And did Hilton really taunt? Didn’t see it
Called it on 20 - Apple. Who wasn't even in the play.

Also not the first time this year the Bengals got flagged for taunting by a player who wasn't even involved in the play, as Bell got hit a few weeks back after an INT in which he wasn't within 15 yards of the play....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now the ground can help you catch an interception
If you catch the ball and have possession, the ball can touch the ground if it doesn't move/help the catch.

In this instance, though, if the ball and the catch happen simultaneously, I don't think you can say the guy had possession - so even if it didn't help him catch the ball, I think it should have been incomplete.