• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Buccaneers

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
940x.jpg

LOL!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If TB gets in position for a game winning FG on the last drive there would have been at least a week's worth of second guessing on that onside kick attempt. What a bizarrely aggressive call that was in the context a one score defensive game.

I'll still give Marvin his due. He saved it with the challenge. I thought it was a penalty when he threw the flag.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If TB gets in position for a game winning FG on the last drive there would have been at least a week's worth of second guessing on that onside kick attempt. What a bizarrely aggressive call that was in the context a one score defensive game.

I'll still give Marvin his due. He saved it with the challenge. I thought it was a penalty when he threw the flag.

They changed the rules after the Detroit fiasco last season I believe on Thanksgiving with Schwartz' challenge.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They changed the rules after the Detroit fiasco last season I believe on Thanksgiving with Schwartz' challenge.

Exactly. Marvin being on the competition committee finally helped us. Otherwise he almost surely would have fucked that situation up. From what I heard on CBS he only threw the flag because he couldn't get an official's attention to call a timeout. Anyway, it only took 12 years for Marvin to finally do something to directly affect a game in a positive way.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did it used to be a penalty, but the play in question would then be ineligible for review.

So, now, you throw your flag, lose the TO, and hope that it's enough for the replay officials to warrant looking at the play.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin invented a new strategy for getting plays reviewed in the last 2 minutes.

I'm sure the NFL will make some sort of new rule that doesn't allow this type of situation to occur anymore.... It will be the Marvin Lewis rule.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's stupid that you can't review a play after the 2:00min warning. It really doesn't make sense. Why play under 1 set of rules for X amount of time in the first/second half, and then change the rules in the final 2 minutes?

They should just let you challenge at any time, assuming you have the challenges/TO's to use.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's stupid that you can't review a play after the 2:00min warning. It really doesn't make sense. Why play under 1 set of rules for X amount of time in the first/second half, and then change the rules in the final 2 minutes?

They should just let you challenge at any time, assuming you have the challenges/TO's to use.

The league doesn't want to be embarrassed by an obvious call that gets missed by the officials at the end of the game. Teams are frequently out of timeouts by the end of the game and if all challenges were made by the coaches, they might not have a challenge to burn.

I think they should give it back to the coaches.....If they run out of challenges or timeouts they can still challenge a call but it will cost them 15 yards and a 10 second run-off if they are wrong.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that 12 men on the field is actually reviewable. I was waiting for the refs to say it wasn't.

The NFL should be embarrassed that the refs missed the call, and the Bucs still had 12 men on the field for the next play had it occurred.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that 12 men on the field is actually reviewable. I was waiting for the refs to say it wasn't.

The NFL should be embarrassed that the refs missed the call, and the Bucs still had 12 men on the field for the next play had it occurred.

we lost our time out because technically it was not challengeable. the time out gave them time to review it after prompting from the review booth or some weird hocus pocus

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They said it was already being reviewed, and that they have to wait until the team lines up for the next snap before buzzing down to review the play, officially.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They said it was already being reviewed, and that they have to wait until the team lines up for the next snap before buzzing down to review the play, officially.

Easy to say after the fact.

The Texans were 1-2 seconds away from snapping the ball. The refs would have dropped the ball.