• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears @ Seahawks

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a work function tonight but im guessing that I might need a new today for my birthday????

Yes/No?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find themselves peeking through their fingers with one eye watching this one? Pretty brutal overall.

I suppose it's easy to bang on Geno for how things went with him out there, but how honest of an evaluation is it when he isn't playing with hardly any of the skill position players that will be in the huddle during the regular season? I know TL and DK technically started, but 3 plays and 0 targets is not really playing. Now Russell Wilson probably still could have moved the offense tonight, but we just simply cannot expect either Geno or Drew Lock to be anything close to Russell. The most likely scenario here is that Geno is going to start given his experience advantage over Lock (especially now that Lock missed this game with the covid sniffles), so the strategy has to be to support him with a productive rushing attack and an improved defense to keep him from having to be something that he isn't to win games. It is probably not going to work very well, but I am not sure what else they can do this year.

My lingering thought after struggling through those 3+ hours: was this enough to convince us to seriously consider Jimmy G should he hit the free agent market?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find themselves peeking through their fingers with one eye watching this one? Pretty brutal overall.

I suppose it's easy to bang on Geno for how things went with him out there, but how honest of an evaluation is it when he isn't playing with hardly any of the skill position players that will be in the huddle during the regular season? I know TL and DK technically started, but 3 plays and 0 targets is not really playing. Now Russell Wilson probably still could have moved the offense tonight, but we just simply cannot expect either Geno or Drew Lock to be anything close to Russell. The most likely scenario here is that Geno is going to start given his experience advantage over Lock (especially now that Lock missed this game with the covid sniffles), so the strategy has to be to support him with a productive rushing attack and an improved defense to keep him from having to be something that he isn't to win games. It is probably not going to work very well, but I am not sure what else they can do this year.

My lingering thought after struggling through those 3+ hours: was this enough to convince us to seriously consider Jimmy G should he hit the free agent market?

Or they can make an attempt for Rourke of the BC Lions.

Kid is smashing Canadian born Player CFL Records and its his 2nd year

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw. It's good therapy to blow off steam up here instead of taking it out on the fam.

Me. I've don't care about down years.

I began with hawks in 2003. I was there for 2008-2011.

That team in the middle of 3. Been a fan since 1994. I have seen a fair amount of bad times from them.

What I'm saying is. I know what's coming. I take it out on Noone.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a work function tonight but im guessing that I might need a new today for my birthday????

Yes/No?
That Jaguars -Raiders HoF game you didn't like - that was better than this game. This was a 1st-day-of-camp performance.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is some good news coming out of this game. Lewis's x-ray came back negative. Most likely a bad high ankle sprain is all.:yes:

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was hard to watch..I really think they should have moved on with Pete also on this whole thing. If this is the "TRUE" depth we accumulated, John should be on the cutting block also. Back to the 80's..

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all, that sucked.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing just how bad Geno is (again) and a few clips of the fact that Lock can't read a defense pre-snap makes me wonder why we didn't spend our 3rd round pick on a lottery-ticket QB... even if our scouts graded them all poorly, if they had a "this guys should get a shot at our starting job" grade on Lock and Smith, you obviously can't trust their judgement.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me. I've don't care about down years.

I began with hawks in 2003. I was there for 2008-2011.

That team in the middle of 3. Been a fan since 1994. I have seen a fair amount of bad times from them.

What I'm saying is. I know what's coming. I take it out on Noone.
I was speaking a bit tongue in cheek. I've been a fan since the team came into the league. So I'm no stranger to bad football. Doesn't mean I'm looking forward to the return of it.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disappointed in how Cross played, too many penalties and looked like he was holding on every play.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disappointed in how Cross played, too many penalties and looked like he was holding on every play.

Yah, but I think we knew that was going to be an issue this season. He was very grabby in College - it's definitely an area he needs to work on.

Just kind of a crappy game in general. Everyone looked pretty terrible lol.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they can make an attempt for Rourke of the BC Lions.

Kid is smashing Canadian born Player CFL Records and its his 2nd year

That seems like an extremely remote and farfetched scenario to me. If at this point PC brings in another QB when we have essentially started the season, it will be someone with NFL experience. Even if it we added Jimmy G today, I bet he wouldn't start week 1. Just not enough time to get worked in and prepare. The kid from Canada may be a generational talent for all I know, but that seems to me more like a 2023 possibility when there would be a chance to have a full off-season.