• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beach resigned for 1 year, salary TBA

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated the Cubs were still drawing sold out crowds into September. That's not true.

You state the Cubs are in a rebuilding mode. Agreed there. They've been rebuilding since 1908.

You think Theo and Jed will bring a championship, or at least sustained playoff appearances. I disagree.

Everyone agrees that the 2014 Cubs will still stink. They certainly won't be a .500 team.

So, you're banking future Cubs success on a bunch of unproven prospects, most of which are in AA or A ball. Good luck with that. I disagree. While I don't agree that bringing in washed up free agents is the way to go, I also don't believe you put all your eggs in one basket by thinking all these prospects will pan out. It's just not gonna happen.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no moron I never once said they are drawing sold out crowds that is something you are conjuring up in an effort to right in your own head. I have stuck the factual numbers. As to the rest of your garbage posting as you have said on many occasion you are a 10:00 news fan therefore your attempts to know what is going on with the team are irrelevant and idiotic. No modern team takes 9 "rookies" and goes to battle. But teams that have taken to the "build from the ground up" approach in the 2 sports where this can be achieved have all found this is the way to go in this day and age. Cases is point: the Hawks,stunk for several years getting high draft picks and adding a couple of pieces afterwards. Now the Islanders and the Oilers are behind but in the same approach and are both looking to be top teams. Baseball: Pirates and K.C. started the approach the cubs are using now. Pitt: in the playoffs, K.C.: probably going to just miss but both teams are loaded from top to bottom and both still have more in the pipeline. The Cubs now have their pipeline loaded with even more to come. Is 2014 a playoff year? doubtful. Can it be a year that some of that pipeline makes an appearance? Probably. Can they be a team that challenges for if not win titles for many years. highly likely. As the hawks have shown if you build your base and forget what 10:00 news fans might think about how you are doing things Those same fans are the ones that when you start winning jump on boards just like this one, puff out their chests and declare " I KNOW IT ALL AND KNEW IT ALL ALONG" while the rest of us just keep telling it like it is instead of trying our best to make sure that everyone else know how stupid they are in comparison to the all mighty Gmalis.:doh:

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus there is the extra bonus with the cubs in that we are not a small market team like pitt and k.c. so when this team is built it can stay together and flourish for a long time as we will not be a 60 million dollar payroll team. so i have believe theo is getting it done correctly and will bring us what we need in this city

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well baseballnut, I wish this would be a 60 million dollar cubs team. That means it is built from the system.

Now people are talking Arrietta for Cargo and sign Choo to a 20 million dollar deal when we have the underrated Lake, Almora and Soler, along with most probably Bryant in the outfield starting 2015. We all know Boston DUMPED all the free agents and big trades Theo signed, other than the immovable JD Drew. His only clear free agent win was Ortiz when 29 teams passed on him and he got him for a measly million. Then the payroll whiners that Baez needs to stay in AAA next year so we delay super two status when its shown we sign Castro and Rizzo in their second season to buy out arbitration.

Hockey is different with the minimum payroll, the hawks were lucky to deal Soup and that big deal he never earned. Hossa was a question mark with that big deal at that time, so it was really one big name they needed and they paid their youth what they deserved.

I would be estatic for the cubs to compete for the playoffs with a 75 million dollar payroll, thats who I respect when the A's, sox, cards, astros, rockies, pirates, indians make the playoffs. That is building from within. I just know they are gonna make two bonehead signings that ends up blocking what we are waiting for because there is no chance they will all make it. When its time to pay these kids for their performance and competing for a decade, then we can be a 150 million dollar payroll, I just want it based on our guys like the hawks.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betcha dinner and a case of PBR that the Cubs don't even make it to the World Series up to and including the year 2020.

That doesn't mean winning it all...just getting there.

I think it's a pipe dream when you think you are gonna hit a home run with EVERY ONE of your prospects. It can't happen and it won't. It's nice to think that, but minor league success doesn't always translate to the majors.

And now I'm done talking about the Cubs on a Blackhawks site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a bet though pbr is gross. And it would be a pipe dream to think every single prospect will be great but we will have been been bad enough for long enough after this year that the amount of prospects out number the odds. the difference with theo then and now is that when he started with the red sox pieces were already in place. which is why he left. This is the way he wanted to build a team from scratch and when this job opened he came running.He has drafted extremely well and trumped that by trading well as a bonus. Ricketts has no worries about payroll as he has been ramping up the dollars since he got here. There is no rush on baez as he needs to work on his fielding a little bit before he gets here But the list of youngsters is huge Baez,almora,soler,bryant,voglebach,vizcaino,johnson,cabrera,underwood. not to mention all the kids they picked up in deals over the last year and a half with olt,edwards,ramirez,villanueva,arrieta and more. The cubs are set perfectly with another high draft pick coming and low payroll numbers that can be added to when the time is right. Take a look at these "so called" writers and what they will begin to write come feburary.Whether it is a turn the corner year or not you can bet the same writers slamming them now will be all aboard the train before spring training if it will sell papers

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad nobody is too interested in Beach.

I wonder how his brother Cody is doing STL and if he'll get a roster slot with the Wolves this year.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseballnut and anotheridiot love Kyle Beach.

Of course, they think the Hawks need to beef up, show some muscle and fight their way to another Cup.

My fav comment was saying the Hawks need an Al Secord type player. You know, a 30 goal scorer and overall badass combined.

Only problem, there aren't any players like that in the NHL anymore.

Closest would be Andrew Ladd on the Jets. Sorry we had to trade him. Should have kept him and let Bolland go. Oh well, neither are with the team now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseballnut and anotheridiot love Kyle Beach.

Of course, they think the Hawks need to beef up, show some muscle and fight their way to another Cup.

My fav comment was saying the Hawks need an Al Secord type player. You know, a 30 goal scorer and overall badass combined.

Only problem, there aren't any players like that in the NHL anymore.

Closest would be Andrew Ladd on the Jets. Sorry we had to trade him. Should have kept him and let Bolland go. Oh well, neither are with the team now.

Nobody said love.

What part did you miss with Toews getting another concussion and where exactly has hossa been?

Other teams finesse players have no fear about getting hit, so our finesse players keep getting the shit beat out of them. ITs great for now, yeah, the hawks won the cup, but will Toews career be over in three years after his 20th concussion? Will they repeat with Toews and Hossa getting beat to hell for 34 more games in a full regular season?

Its great when speed wins. When you are out of bullets, theres not much left except wishing you did something about it by striking some fear in goons around the league that their superstars are gonna get hit.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Hawks roster. StanB and Q aren't going in that direction, regardless of your wish list.

So, dream all you want. The Hawks are not gonna be that overly physical in your face type of team.

Don't know what more you need to see.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and BTW...I would love to see Al Secord playing in his prime with the Hawks right now. The guy had unbelievable scoring ability and didn't take any crap from anyone.

But, as I said before...I don't see players like that in the NHL anymore...guys who can put up big numbers while still dishing it out.

The game has changed. Teams with lesser talent (which in the case of the Hawks is pretty much everyone else) will try to knock the Hawks off their game by running them over. I don't think anyone is gonna cheap shot them or lay a blatantly dirty hit just in the name of taking out a player.

But the game is a fast game with big strong guys. Injuries happen. Unfortunately concussions happen too. I'm thinking back at Toews' concussions...and I don't believe they were the result of "dirty" hits. They just happened.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one more thought... Look at the mismatch of Shaw playing on the same side as Chara during the series. But Shaw came out the winner. Chara's size and reach amounted to nothing with Shaw's heart and determination.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh those players do exist as it is not just about the fighting which you seem to obsess about Gmalis. players like lucic, backes bertuzzi just to name a few. Big bodies with mean streaks that hay guess what they can score goals as well. Last yearin a short season we survived while only losing sharp and hossa for extended periods of time. This year however is a full season and every team in the league can take 1 look at our roster and know its open season .How many runs at toews will it take before he can end up like Crosby? Hossa and his back? No need to worry about kane as he doesn't get anywhere near contact anyways. Are we a cup winning team without toews and hossa and a sharp as we come down to playoff time? No chance. Yes we have a good team Yes we have depth galore. Now we do not have replacements for the stars on this team. But as long as we aren't Gooning it up your a happy camper. Just glad your a fan and not a G.M. or something

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one more thought... Look at the mismatch of Shaw playing on the same side as Chara during the series. But Shaw came out the winner. Chara's size and reach amounted to nothing with Shaw's heart and determination.

Making Chara chase the puck in his own zone and making him turnaround constantly was the key. That's how Toronto gave Boston fits too.
It also helped that Julien used Seidenberg and Chara for so many minutes throughout the compressed schedule.

Credit Shaw for taking advantage, but speed and quickness has been taking advantage. Just like Pronger a few years ago. The wheels aren't what they were.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh those players do exist as it is not just about the fighting which you seem to obsess about Gmalis. players like lucic, backes bertuzzi just to name a few. Big bodies with mean streaks that hay guess what they can score goals as well. Last yearin a short season we survived while only losing sharp and hossa for extended periods of time. This year however is a full season and every team in the league can take 1 look at our roster and know its open season .How many runs at toews will it take before he can end up like Crosby? Hossa and his back? No need to worry about kane as he doesn't get anywhere near contact anyways. Are we a cup winning team without toews and hossa and a sharp as we come down to playoff time? No chance. Yes we have a good team Yes we have depth galore. Now we do not have replacements for the stars on this team. But as long as we aren't Gooning it up your a happy camper. Just glad your a fan and not a G.M. or something

So, in your infinite wisdom, who do you propose the Hawks have on their team that would make you happy and protect your core players?

And since you're such a proponent of the Hawks getting such player(s), I guess that means that the ACTUAL GM Stan Bowman is pretty stupid and doing a lousy job.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chicago Blackhawks assigned forward Kyle Beach to HV71 of the Swedish Hockey League on Sunday.

The 23-year-old Beach was drafted by the Blackhawks with the No. 11th overall pick of the 2008 draft. He has not appeared in any NHL games. He was a restricted free agent after the 2012-13 season and was re-signed to a one-year deal by the Blackhawks in July.

Beach has played for the Rockford IceHogs of the AHL the last three seasons. He had 16 goals, 10 assists and a team-high 204 penalty minutes in 66 regular-season games last season.

Beach played in one preseason game for the Blackhawks this season. He was assigned to the IceHogs on Sept. 24.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this signal the end for Kyle Beach and the Blackhawks?