• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Based on how your preseason expectations, what grade do you give your favorite team this season?

What grade do you give your favorite team's regular season, based on your preseason expectations?

• Total voters

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah being in the running for playoffs going into the CCG is about the best case I could hope for.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
Your expectations were too high for coming off back to back 4-8 seasons if you gave us an F :D

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface it looks like our season should be an A because we only have one loss, had our first undefeated Mountain West season and we still have a shot to make and win the Cotton bowl so a lot of our preseason expectations could be exceeded.

Scratch below that and you'll find that everything is not what it seems, our schedule was a lot easier than expected and we still struggled at times against it. We took an absolutely humiliating loss to BYU that there's no excuse for.

To end this on the positive note we did all of this while starting 3 QBs this year and the 3rd stringer has somehow emerged as the most efficient starter. Is he starting because the first two are hurt? It's the biggest mystery in Boise State football, seriously what's up with Bachmeier and Cord? Are they hurt? Are they benched? Nobody outside of that locker room knows!

Sandwich this all together and I gave it a solid B

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering I thought SC would do just fine if their starting QB went out in the first game and have Jack Sears step up. Then Sears got relegated to the fourth spot for QBs and transferred and Daniels went out with an injury in the first game, and the season went to crap. Still they beat ucla so it could have been worse. Thus only a D.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B-

Screwed up and lost to NI last week. Playing in the MAC Championship would've earned a B+.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My alma-mater: D
Bama: B-

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, wasn't sure what to expect.

I think I had them anywhere from 10-2 to 6-6.

They went 8-4 which would be about a C.

However, I bumped them up a grade to a B because of all of the injuries (especially at QB).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess it could have gone worse and be granted a 'f'... but i think 'd' is a fair reflection of my expectation.

gives room to either go up or down in '20..... hate to box the mf'ers in with 'there only one way to go... up!' optimism

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your expectations were too high for coming off back to back 4-8 seasons if you gave us an F :D

I was going to give them a D because hey, they had a better record than last year. But once I read jerms definitions for the grades, F was only fitting.

I honestly saw this as an incredibly easy schedule in comparison to last year and figured 8-4 was worst case scenario. Buuuut, I didn't think Martinez would regress the way he did, nor did I think Foster and Farmer were that big of a difference on the OL lol. Defense still sucks, but Frost is an offensive mind... get that offense together.

I feel like our schedule is always a year behind or ahead (depending on how you look at it) of our talent. Never seems to align properly, but the program has been in turmoil for a while now. Figures it would take more than 2 years to fix.

Looking ahead to next year... assuming some ACTUAL growth occurs, I see 7 or 8 easily winnable games. Definitely have a tough final 5 games with...

at Ohio St
Penn St
at Iowa
at Wiscosin
Minnesota

and honestly... I am just tired of seeing games like the Ohio St or Minnesota game this year.

JUST. BE. COMPETITIVE.

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A - Beyond what you considered to be a realistic best-case scenario
B - You didn't predict this good, but you would say they did your realistic best-case scenario
C - Exactly how you expected them to do.
D - You predicted better, but you would say they did your realistic worst-case scenario
F - They did worse than I considered to be a realistic worst-case scenario

Post how you would grade other teams as well.
I reviewed the current season, and I have my own bias, but I would like to say, and I'm honour bound to say: Iowa sucks.7inGtQi.gif 7inGtQi.gif

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface it looks like our season should be an A because we only have one loss, had our first undefeated Mountain West season and we still have a shot to make and win the Cotton bowl so a lot of our preseason expectations could be exceeded.

Scratch below that and you'll find that everything is not what it seems, our schedule was a lot easier than expected and we still struggled at times against it. We took an absolutely humiliating loss to BYU that there's no excuse for.

To end this on the positive note we did all of this while starting 3 QBs this year and the 3rd stringer has somehow emerged as the most efficient starter. Is he starting because the first two are hurt? It's the biggest mystery in Boise State football, seriously what's up with Bachmeier and Cord? Are they hurt? Are they benched? Nobody outside of that locker room knows!

Yeah, that BYU loss was a hard pill to swallow. BTW, I visited the smurf turf this year with fans of 5 different teams and we all came away incredibly impressed...

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall grade - D

Offense D
Offensive Coordinator F - how many times do you try a swing pass and end up in 2nd and 14? At Nebraska 10 times per game
Offensive Line C- showed improvement as the season progressed
Quarterback F
Running Backs C- the RBs could not do much until the offensive line got their act together
Tight Ends D did nothing
Receivers C did nothing

Defense C
Defensive Coordinator F - can Nebraska count on the defense when the game is on the line? Not at all.
Defensive Line C- - sort of stopped the run, but had zero pass rush
Linebackers D - were just bad, if it weren't for Jojo Domann this was an F
Cornerbacks B
Safeties C

Special teams D
Kicker F when you use a seventh string kicker, you are in trouble. When you use four walkon kickers you are in trouble.
Long Snapper A snapping was not an issue
Punter D

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan playing like they did in the 2nd half of the Penn State game, the Notre Dame game, and the first half of THE GAME, maybe a "B+". The Army game and a few other clunkers, a "D-". Overall, a "C". Now win a damn bowl game.

Virginia Tech for the first half of the season, a big sucky "F". Then, against Pitt, yes "A", then losing to UVA... Ahh screw it, a "C-".

Oregon, you win the prize for "A" if you win the PAC 12 title. If not... Nope not going there, just win it.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall grade - D

Offense D
Offensive Coordinator F - how many times do you try a swing pass and end up in 2nd and 14? At Nebraska 10 times per game
Offensive Line C- showed improvement as the season progressed
Quarterback F
Running Backs C- the RBs could not do much until the offensive line got their act together
Tight Ends D did nothing
Receivers C did nothing

Defense C
Defensive Coordinator F - can Nebraska count on the defense when the game is on the line? Not at all.
Defensive Line C- - sort of stopped the run, but had zero pass rush
Linebackers D - were just bad, if it weren't for Jojo Domann this was an F
Cornerbacks B
Safeties C

Special teams D
Kicker F when you use a seventh string kicker, you are in trouble. When you use four walkon kickers you are in trouble.
Long Snapper A snapping was not an issue
Punter D
Doesnt Scott call the plays?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for Illinois going 6-6. At least all of our losses are .500 or better teams for years. I don't remember the last one.

The Illinois game was about the most fundamental thing in football, don't turn it over, and they did it twice in the 4th quarter. That's kind of unusual for UW teams, they have turnovers, but not at the volume they had in the last half of the season.

Based on what I thought they'd be after losing most of the OLine, I was thinking 8-4 or so. They started off so hot on D that I thought this team had a real shot at something if they had a couple breaks go their way. They didn't, then Illinois happened and OSU gave them a beating. In the end, I can't complain about how the season has gone so far...so I'll say a B for now and if they get lucky and beat OSU on Sat, it'll be an A-...the minus would be for fucking up the Illinois game.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
record as predicted.
won the North as expected.
who Oregon lost to was not who i thought

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt Scott call the plays?

yes he does. He scripts them all and decides during the game.

No clue what Troy Walters really does but he is listed as the OC. And has been Scott Frost's OC for four years. Being Scott Frost's OC is probably the same as being Bo Pelini's DC. Title only. Unless you were his brother.

Troy Walter's salary is $700,000 and is overpaid.
Eric Chinander's salary is $800,000 and is overpaid.

If you are being paid as an OC, then you get the garbage thrown at you.