• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baseball espionage

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old game has truly entered into the technology era...when baseball front office computer hackers steal other teams database info, and the first time an on-line only All Star ballot is used, the results churns up an AL team that is the KC Royals plus Mike Trout.

The used to only have to worry about stealing signs.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the online ballot stuffing originated a couple of years ago when half the Giants were named on the last day of the vote. I am not sure we won't see that again. The Aoki vote is curious even if you figure Japanese voters could stuff the vote. But they haven't done that with other Japanese players, like Ichiro ... so there's a pink flag, at least. Aoki also played for KC last year, so the program might still just include him. The Trout thing is a red herring (get it).

The deal with the Cardinals is interesting. If I were a front office and could get access to the other teams, I'd do it in a Billy Hamilton minute. But the fact that it was only the Astros muddies the waters a little since Luchnow is the guy in the center square.

MLB can't do much, maybe make the Birds forfeit a draft pick ... or find and ban the guy who did it. Somebody in the office you didn't ever know. If he can do that, he can find work.