• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Barracuda vs kinks

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gonna be another tough one... Hopefully Quick tinks as bad as he did in game 1

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we lose another one, third loss in a row.

This current roster looks fugly-er than last year.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glad I can't watch it unless I go home and torture myself and stream it

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah we lose another one, third loss in a row.

This current roster looks fugly-er than last year.

Its just cause the injury bit everyone at once... We';; be fine once everyone gets better -- Why hasnt Karlsson been called up yet? He was like top 6 last year, has he really sucked that bad?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Wilson called Hannan

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just got back from the game... oh well, the sharks are back...

yes injuries are hurting but they still should be ice a competitive team. Marleau, Thornton, pavelksi, ward, hertl, nieto, wingels... Its not that bad a forward lineup. they lost Martin which is the true killer as I wrote before the year started: Dillon is not a legit NHL Dman and surely not a top 4 and the rest is AHL fodder with mueller, tennyson, demelo, etc. The health of their top 4 was 100% essential and we see already the inevitable injury befalling the top 4 and hte decay of the team.

We are also witnessing the collapse of Peter Deboer. To his credit, he had the boys ready out of the gate. They had solid lines, a good system, everything you need. Well, a few injuries later, he has completely lost all chemistry, the system is awful, the PK is collapsing with 5 PP goals against in the last 4 games. Basically, all the bad habits of last year and still ingrained and only ward, a new guy, had scored in the last 150+ mins (and he was last guy to score before this too). patty has evaporated and was -1 again to extend his epic loserhood to 1 pt and -7 in his last 5 games and extended his team worst to a -4. With the exception of jumbo, pavs, and tierney who played well, the rest of the lines have disappeared and the chemistry is gone. Even the lines that were clicking nicely like hertl-nieto-wingels were broken up and now all three suck balls. Deboer is failing miserably in the face of adversity, and he better figure it out fast before they are 5-20 by the time cooch comes back.

I hate that to have to say that I have seen this show before. It's a rerun that just cant get put into retirement. The hope rises, and then the real team re-emerges. Ive just seen this performance too many times...

p.s.: Attendence was only like 16,700, which is nearly 1000 seats short of capacity, and thats against LA whcih had a large presense of fans. On a tuesday, against nashville, they may get 15,000, and if they suck for another year, they may get 14,000 as season ticket holders are going to evaporate faster than patty marleau.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well atleast Martin is back for the next game that should be huge

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just got back from the game... oh well, the sharks are back...

yes injuries are hurting but they still should be ice a competitive team. Marleau, Thornton, pavelksi, ward, hertl, nieto, wingels... Its not that bad a forward lineup. they lost Martin which is the true killer as I wrote before the year started: Dillon is not a legit NHL Dman and surely not a top 4 and the rest is AHL fodder with mueller, tennyson, demelo, etc. The health of their top 4 was 100% essential and we see already the inevitable injury befalling the top 4 and hte decay of the team.

We are also witnessing the collapse of Peter Deboer. To his credit, he had the boys ready out of the gate. They had solid lines, a good system, everything you need. Well, a few injuries later, he has completely lost all chemistry, the system is awful, the PK is collapsing with 5 PP goals against in the last 4 games. Basically, all the bad habits of last year and still ingrained and only ward, a new guy, had scored in the last 150+ mins (and he was last guy to score before this too). patty has evaporated and was -1 again to extend his epic loserhood to 1 pt and -7 in his last 5 games and extended his team worst to a -4. With the exception of jumbo, pavs, and tierney who played well, the rest of the lines have disappeared and the chemistry is gone. Even the lines that were clicking nicely like hertl-nieto-wingels were broken up and now all three suck balls. Deboer is failing miserably in the face of adversity, and he better figure it out fast before they are 5-20 by the time cooch comes back.

I hate that to have to say that I have seen this show before. It's a rerun that just cant get put into retirement. The hope rises, and then the real team re-emerges. Ive just seen this performance too many times...

p.s.: Attendence was only like 16,700, which is nearly 1000 seats short of capacity, and thats against LA whcih had a large presense of fans. On a tuesday, against nashville, they may get 15,000, and if they suck for another year, they may get 14,000 as season ticket holders are going to evaporate faster than patty marleau.

No depth that would be the killer. Had to perfectly healthy to make a nice run. Couture and Martin get hurt, and they waffle. Is Matt "mr empty net" Nieto officially becoming a bust?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No depth that would be the killer. Had to perfectly healthy to make a nice run. Couture and Martin get hurt, and they waffle. Is Matt "mr empty net" Nieto officially becoming a bust?
4 games in you can't really call anyone a bust yet but he is on the road towards Torrey mitchellville

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nieto will be on Line 1 tonight... Everyone stuck with the Joes so far has scored, lets see if Nieto can continue that trend